Georgetown Cupcake

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • creekster
    It is NOT a monkey!
    • Nov 2008
    • 22661

    #16
    Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
    I dont get the current cupcake craze. Cupcakes are such proletarian fare.
    Doesnt this sort of answer your question, unless you think the fad is only among the bourgeousie?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

    Comment

    • marsupial
      Mississippi Queen
      • Nov 2008
      • 3678

      #17
      Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
      I've long had the opinion that a piece of cake tastes better than an equivalent cupcake. I like the texture of the rough edges.

      Plus, cupcakes are much harder to transport. One of my coworkers proudly brought in this:



      I make an exception for black bottomed cupcakes. All that creamcheesy chocolate chipey gooey goodness sinking to the bottom.
      I agree. A slice of cake is better than a cupcake. Usually cupcakes have a big blob of frosting on top while cake has it more evenly spread on top, on the side and in between the two layers.
      What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
      -Teenage Dirtbag

      Comment

      • marsupial
        Mississippi Queen
        • Nov 2008
        • 3678

        #18
        Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
        I agree. A properly constructed cake allows for better frosting distribution.
        Yes, what you said. You said it better than me.
        What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
        -Teenage Dirtbag

        Comment

        • Katy Lied
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 9435

          #19
          Speaking of cupcakes...

          [YOUTUBE]r_RMLoWLdSM[/YOUTUBE]

          Comment

          • Surfah
            Where's Wallace?
            • Nov 2008
            • 33726

            #20
            Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
            Speaking of cupcakes...

            [YOUTUBE]r_RMLoWLdSM[/YOUTUBE]
            That's pretty good.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

            Comment

            • MarkGrace
              Grooveshark dick tease
              • Dec 2008
              • 31546

              #21
              Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
              I <3 pies. What's not to like about them?
              Not a damn thing -- pie rocks! I'm enjoying the explosion of pie shops around Seattle, and while I was running home from work the other day I saw the Food Network crew wrapping up from shooting a place in my neighborhood.

              Pie is readying for its star turn this afternoon, when a Food Network crew will descend upon the Fremont bake shop to capture hours of pie-making footage.
              Pie is one of two Seattle bakeries slated for inclusion in the Food Network's upcoming pie special: West Seattle's Shoofly Pie Company will also be featured, along with pie bakeries in Chicago and San Francisco. Pie's owner Jess Whitsitt has heard the one-off show will be "airing quite a few times," starting this fall.


              Pie is overtaking the cupcake craze here in Seattle (there's a new pie place in about every neighborhood right now), though I suspect it won't catch on to the same degree for a variety of reasons. But for now I'm digging the pie resurgence. Shoofly is better than Pie (the place in our hood), but West Seattle is such a hike.
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

              Comment

              • MarkGrace
                Grooveshark dick tease
                • Dec 2008
                • 31546

                #22
                And I agree with the cake > cupcake folks.

                Even when cupcakes hit hard years back, we still never really stopped going to our favorite cake place. The Mrs. loves the chocolate white chocolate and pretty much requests that as her b-day cake every year.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                Comment

                • Katy Lied
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 9435

                  #23
                  Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                  Shoofly is better than Pie (the place in our hood),
                  Shoofly pie reminds me of horehound candy. Both taste of muddy brown sugar. Both tastes from the past. I wouldn't mind trying either again.

                  Comment

                  • MarkGrace
                    Grooveshark dick tease
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 31546

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                    Shoofly pie reminds me of horehound candy. Both taste of muddy brown sugar. Both tastes from the past. I wouldn't mind trying either again.
                    Never tried it before. Maybe I will based on your recommendation.
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                    Comment

                    • Babs
                      Not a Lawyer
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 17128

                      #25
                      Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                      I dont get the current cupcake craze. Cupcakes are such proletarian fare.
                      lol. Can I just say that I have absolutely nothing against working-class desserts?

                      Comment

                      Working...