Time to get serious about a new smoker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    hostile, please ask him. Also, see what it would cost to do the first prototype. I dont mind being the guinea pig
    I spoke with my mom (I grew up in the neighborhood where this guy lives). I explained to her what was wanted and she said it would be exactly the type of project that they do. He is out of town at lake Powell so I will see if I can get in touch with his son. They do all sorts of custom stuff - airplane seat covers, boat covers, etc. I think they could do several sizes if needed.
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

I was thinking of making a flap and hemming the edges, weighting them down slightly inside the liner so that the flap doesnt blow in the breeze and so that looks good when it is lying flat. It would be critical to add the flap. Too annoying taking everything off simply to check or to spritz or whatever.

Im really starting to get pumped about this idea.
      You could sew magnets into the blanket
      I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
        You could sew magnets into the blanket
        Magnet strength is inversely related to magnet temperature.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
          Magnet strength is inversely related to magnet temperature.
          Luckily the sell high heat magnets
          I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

• How significant is the temperature difference for you Traeger guys in the winter?
            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

I was thinking of making a flap and hemming the edges, weighting them down slightly inside the liner so that the flap doesnt blow in the breeze and so that looks good when it is lying flat. It would be critical to add the flap. Too annoying taking everything off simply to check or to spritz or whatever.

Im really starting to get pumped about this idea.
              Update?
              I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

Update?
                I have been too upset about HadleyGate to even care about my usual passion for sewing.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I have been too upset about HadleyGate to even care about my usual passion for sewing.
                  I've been waiting to see it end up in the BYU/UTAH threads thread.
                  I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

Update?
                    I've been tied up with work (and canning peaches). I'm out of town this weekend but should be able to talk with my former neighbor next week. I'll ask him if he can get fabric as well.
                    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Has anyone here used a MAK? I was at Sniders yesterday picking up some grub and they were doing a demo smoke using the 4 Star. That machine is unbelievable. I wanted to take it home with me but the $11,000 sticker price convinced me to leave having only purchased meat and bbq sauce. The guy doing the smoke told me that his MAK rep said to expect the long-awaited 3 Star in 2014, but Im skeptical.

The 2 Star is also a nice machine but seems too small.

sigpic

Comment

Has anyone here used a MAK? I was at Sniders yesterday picking up some grub and they were doing a demo smoke using the 4 Star. That machine is unbelievable. I wanted to take it home with me but the $11,000 sticker price convinced me to leave having only purchased meat and bbq sauce. The guy doing the smoke told me that his MAK rep said to expect the long-awaited 3 Star in 2014, but Im skeptical.

The 2 Star is also a nice machine but seems too small.
                        $11k for a smoker? Wow.
                        "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                          $11k for a smoker? Wow.
                          It is a commercial grade/competition ready smoker but fit for residential, as well. The smoker itself is $8k but the cart it sits on is another $3K if you want it. The entire thing is stainless steel. Dual hopper on the front, giving you a great shelf for workspace, digital temp control, unique fire setting allowing you to grill with flame so this machine would replace my grill for burgers and dogs. It is insane, like a work of art.

As you can see, it is a beast. A 3 Star sizing would be perfect, I think. But this was fun to watch in action.

sigpic

Comment

• Crazy. I'll be that thing burns a ton of pellets.
                            "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Few thousand more you could have this...

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

• i dont think I will ever want or need that size but it certainly looks like a mean machine. That looks more like something for you and The_Tick to use for the biz.

Are those rotating racks that I see in there?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X