Time to get serious about a new smoker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Charcoal is messy! That is why I toss my charcoal grill every two years or so and buy another one.
    Humblebrag!
    "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
      Humblebrag!
      Dang it, that is not a humblebrag.

I buy cheap grills ($50 or less) and cycle them.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Dang it, that is not a humblebrag.

I buy cheap grills ($50 or less) and cycle them.
        I was going to defend you, I think my charcoal grill was $40-60. I roll big time like that.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

• uploadfromtaptalk1368221288629.jpg
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
            [ATTACH]2150[/ATTACH]
            Sucker. Speaking of which, I need to smoke something.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

• Woohoo. Welcome to the cult, JiC.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Woohoo. Welcome to the cult, JiC.
                Costco is an evil place. But temptation could be suppressed no longer.
                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

[ATTACH]2150[/ATTACH]
                  "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

[ATTACH]2150[/ATTACH]
                    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Costco is an evil place. But temptation could be suppressed no longer.
                      We went tonight and Traeger was there so I loaded up on hickory pellets for long smokes.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

• :clap:

Comment

• Anyone have any good shrimp marinades they like for bacon wrapped shrimp on the grill?
                          Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                            Anyone have any good shrimp marinades they like for bacon wrapped shrimp on the grill?
                            Here's kind of a standard one I used a while back. I didn't have bacon wrapped around it, but the shrimp was tasty.

3 tbl minced garlic
                            2 tbl olive oil
                            1/4 c minced fresh parsley
                            1/2 tsp kosher salt
                            1/2 tsp pepper

Comment

• Latest addition to the arsenal. What was awesome was the day I built it, I brought it home and was in the driveway unloading it from the truck when I hear a car drive up and someone ask my daughter "is your dad home?" Turns out it was Drunk Tank in town for the weekend. So they stayed for dinner and we did some chicken and I got schooled in the use of my new toy by the master. We had some trouble getin gthe temp up that night ... today I drilled the intake holes bigger (9/16") and fired it up with a full load of charcoal and got it up to 550 degrees.

uploadfromtaptalk1369511010653.jpg

I have the pit probe from the WiFi stoker hooked up to it today. Was thinking of getting a blower and adapter from them for actual stoking but I'm not sure it's necessary. Check out how well the thing holds temp.

uploadfromtaptalk1369511088476.jpg
                              Last edited by FMCoug; 05-25-2013, 12:47 PM.
                              "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

• Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                                Latest addition to the arsenal.
                                UDS?
                                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Working...
                                X