No announcement yet.

Mad Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christina Hendricks and Jon Hamm need to be in every scene of everything together. Holy shit they're dynamic.

Really good episode. Poor Lane.
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

• Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
      Christina Hendricks and Jon Hamm need to be in every scene of everything together. Holy shit they're dynamic.

I felt really uncomfortable when Mother Lakshmi told Harry, "Does your wife burn for you?" I wish that scene hadn't been in there. I felt dirty.

As for Lane, rather than tell his "partners" of his financial woes, he steals from them. He's the one who's going to commit suicide when they find out.
      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
        Christina Hendricks and Jon Hamm need to be in every scene of everything together. Holy shit they're dynamic.

Jon Hamm seemed more relaxed. And he had a few out-of-character facial expressions that seemed less Don Draper and more Dr. Drew Baird.
        What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
        -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
          As for Lane, rather than tell his "partners" of his financial woes, he steals from them. He's the one who's going to commit suicide when they find out.
          I fear you may be right

Definitely second the desire for more Joan and Don scenes - they're seriously dynamite.
          what I am is what I am and I does what I does.

Comment

• We were playing Monopoly and dealing with talking children, but I'm fairly confident saying that tonight's episode was my favorite of the series.

Pete's such an ass. I love Joanie. This is going to continue to get crazy.

Comment

• What the Hell....

(50 years of TV watching was worth muddling through - to get to this point where I'm speechless.)
              Last edited by clackamascoug; 05-27-2012, 11:27 PM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Greatest episode of TV ever.

Comment

• "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• One of the strongest episodes of the entire series.

The 3 superstars (Don, Joan, and Peggy) from the first year all brought their A games. Don kissing Peggy's hand, even made me well up a little.

The final 2 episodes will obviously most likely have Lane's partner's bonus discovered and Megan getting an out of state acting job. Above and beyond that, I'm not sure what to expect.

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                      I felt really uncomfortable when Mother Lakshmi told Harry, "Does your wife burn for you?" I wish that scene hadn't been in there. I felt dirty.

Ha. You must have felt positively filthy during the following episode. Gag...
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I just finished season 1 last night. Good stuff.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• I think Lane is going to jump out the window.

Comment

• Another great episode tonight. The last 3-4 episodes of this show have been lights out. Loving Mad Men right now.

Comment

• Tonight's episode made me feel a little sick.

Comment

• I'm surprised there hasn't been more commentary on last night's episode which was very well done, and rather disturbing. I'm fascinated about what has to be going on in Don Draper's head right now.

And I wouldn't mind a bit if Glen/Marten Weiner, an undeserving beneficiary of nepotism if ever there was one, disappeared. Very creepy, although I kind of liked the outcome of Don's chat with him last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X