The big question is, Lila or Tyra? That's my equivalent of Marianne or Ginger. For the start I always liked Lila a bit more, but Tyra has made up some huge ground over the last 1.5 seasons.
Friday Night Lights
Collapse
X
-
-
-
Et tu? There is no way in outer darkness that Riggins is supposed to be a soph in season 1.Originally posted by MarkGrace View PostI don't know that this will be much of a spoiler for Sizzle when he realizes that you can go from Soph, to Jr., to Sr. in 3 seasons. It kind of makes sense.
Sizzle you are watching Seas 1 right now, what is your impression of what class Riggins is in?Get confident, stupid
-landpoke
Comment
-
Originally posted by venkman View PostI don't think it was ever mentioned what grade he was in. Watching season 1, you kind of assume he's an upperclassman: team star, team leader, best friends with the veteran star QB (who is assumed to be a Sr. because he's getting D1 schollie offers), banging his 30 year old neighbor, etc. Not your typical sophomore.
I think that part was intentionally left vague so that in case the show was renewed they could bring him back for a couple of years.There is a way in outer darkness, because they never tell you what class he's in. I will admit to thinking the show pulled a bit of a fast one -- I always assumed in season 1 that he was a Sr., too. But from there he progresses like a normal HS kid. Jr. in season 2, Sr. and graduating in season 3. Also, his season 1 girlfriend Tyra follows the same course.Street was definitely a senior, but Riggins was always kind of vague. You assumed he was as well given his standing on the team and among the circle of friends, but they never outright said it.Last edited by MarkGrace; 08-28-2009, 09:26 AM.So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.
Comment
-
Given his relationship with Street and the fact that he is driving I would have said a Senior or Junior at least.Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View PostEt tu? There is no way in outer darkness that Riggins is supposed to be a soph in season 1.
Sizzle you are watching Seas 1 right now, what is your impression of what class Riggins is in?
Comment
-
Off topic, but did you know in Washington HS athletics you can be a 5th year Sr.? I thought that was just crazy when I heard about it. I saw at least two kids play during last year's hoops team that were 5 years, and the team my friend coaches will have a 5th year kid this year. 19 years old playing high school ball. Wow.They seemed to forget what class people were in, somehow Riggins was a 5th year senior?
Which I guess brings up a related point. If Riggins was a Sr. in season 1, he would have been a 6th year Sr. in the last season, not 5th.So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.
Comment
-
I thought that was the case for most places. As long as you don't turn 19 before the start of the school year you can be 19 during the season, or something like that.Originally posted by MarkGrace View PostOff topic, but did you know in Washington HS athletics you can be a 5th year Sr.? I thought that was just crazy when I heard about it. I saw at least two kids play during last year's hoops team that were 5 years, and the team my friend coaches will have a 5th year kid this year. 19 years old playing high school ball. Wow.
Which I guess brings up a related point. If Riggins was a Sr. in season 1, he would have been a 6th year Sr. in the last season, not 5th.Dyslexics are teople poo...
Comment
-
Really? I had never heard of that.Originally posted by Flystripper View PostI thought that was the case for most places. As long as you don't turn 19 before the start of the school year you can be 19 during the season, or something like that.So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.
Comment
-
I should have done this if it is allowed in Utah. I turned 18 about a month after school was out.Originally posted by Flystripper View PostI thought that was the case for most places. As long as you don't turn 19 before the start of the school year you can be 19 during the season, or something like that.Get confident, stupid
-landpoke
Comment
-
I was asked to do it, I didnt turn 18 until October, I graduated at 17. My football coach actually asked me if I wanted to stay and play another year.Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View PostI should have done this if it is allowed in Utah. I turned 18 about a month after school was out.*Banned*
Comment
-
They used to allow Super Seniors to play sports back in Alberta growing up.Originally posted by MarkGrace View PostOff topic, but did you know in Washington HS athletics you can be a 5th year Sr.? I thought that was just crazy when I heard about it. I saw at least two kids play during last year's hoops team that were 5 years, and the team my friend coaches will have a 5th year kid this year. 19 years old playing high school ball. Wow.
Which I guess brings up a related point. If Riggins was a Sr. in season 1, he would have been a 6th year Sr. in the last season, not 5th.
They also encourage people to take an extra year to finish high school if they needed to.
But when the budget cuts came and they started giving schools revenue base on the number of classes being taken instead of the simple headcount, they got rid of Super Senior sports.
The counselors also stopped encouraging students to take their time and encouraged them to take the classes needed to graduate.
Comment
-
The WA rule doesn't have to do with age but rather hardship. If you are not on track to graduate, and can point to some instance in your life that held you back from graduating, then you can submit an appeal to get an extra year of athletic eligibility to play while you finish your schooling.So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.
Comment
Comment