Secret likes in music

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • creekster
    It is NOT a monkey!
    • Nov 2008
    • 22661

    #16
    Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
    Crazy talk! Did you see that episode of Gossip Girl too?

    EDIT: Oh wait, that was a Fergie song.
    Just to be clear: I have never seen even a minute of any episode of gossip girl.


    Ever.



    Not even a minute.




    not once.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

    Comment

    • JohnnyLingo
      La Naranja
      • Nov 2008
      • 3976

      #17
      Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
      Songs I never turn off if they come on the radio that would qualify for this discussion:

      5. Africa- Toto
      [YOUTUBE]nJ3MSCLBpaM[/YOUTUBE]

      Comment

      • Pheidippides
        Liberal Feminazi
        • Nov 2008
        • 14759

        #18
        I have a secret stash of J-pop that I used to prepare myself for the Karaoke Wars of 1998-2001.

        For those who know, the list includs Puffy, Globe, Smap, Glay, Dorikomu, Hitomi and MoMusu (from the era when they had that freakishly tall chick).

        For the rest of you, there's nothing to see here. These aren't the droids you're looking for.
        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

        Comment

        • TripletDaddy
          sweet triple
          • Nov 2008
          • 58186

          #19
          Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
          Songs I never turn off if they come on the radio that would qualify for this discussion:

          1. Sister Christian- Night Ranger
          2. Take Me Home Tonight- Eddie Money
          3. My Woman from Tokyo- Deep Purple
          4. Joey- Concrete Blonde
          5. Africa- Toto
          6. Lips Like Sugar- Echo and the Bunnymen
          Echo and the Bunnymen? why are they on that list? one of the seminal alt bands of the 80s.

          They are touring now with full orchestra doing Ocean Rain in its entirety. Amazing. Crocodiles, Porcupine, etc....these are incredible records.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • Color Me Badd Fan
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2009
            • 12519

            #20
            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            Echo and the Bunnymen? why are they on that list? one of the seminal alt bands of the 80s.

            They are touring now with full orchestra doing Ocean Rain in its entirety. Amazing. Crocodiles, Porcupine, etc....these are incredible records.
            I didn't know they were so well-respected. But I'm not sure it would change much, I wasn't too keen on playing the Smiths in front of other people either.

            A few more songs:

            1. Billie Jean
            2. Man in the Mirror
            3. Die Without You- PM Dawn
            4. Run to You- Bryan Adams (ever since my addiction GTA- Vice City)
            5. Stereo MC- Connected
            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

            Comment

            • MarkGrace
              Grooveshark dick tease
              • Dec 2008
              • 31546

              #21
              Echo and the Bunnymen, The Smiths, Billie Jean...the thread title was "secrect likes." Not "great music from the 80s."
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

              Comment

              • Color Me Badd Fan
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2009
                • 12519

                #22
                Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                Echo and the Bunnymen, The Smiths, Billie Jean...the thread title was "secrect likes." Not "great music from the 80s."
                It was really unfashionable for awhile to listen to Michael Jackson. I recognize that the Smiths were great.

                Even more:

                1. Amanda- Boston
                2. Heat of the Moment- Asia
                3. Photograph- Def Leppard
                4. Livin' On A Prayer- Bon Jovi
                5. Here I Go Again- Whitesnake
                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                Comment

                • MarkGrace
                  Grooveshark dick tease
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 31546

                  #23
                  I can't remember a time were it was ever unfashionable to listen to 80s music. That stuff has always ruled. The 90s might be a different HI(Story)...
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                  Comment

                  • venkman
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 2199

                    #24
                    Winger - Seventeen.
                    "Remember to double tap"

                    Comment

                    • creekster
                      It is NOT a monkey!
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 22661

                      #25
                      AFter seeing some of the selections identified here I dont feel so bad about Mika.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                      Comment

                      • Jarid in Cedar
                        CS Institutional Memory
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 13234

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                        3. Die Without You- PM Dawn
                        That's a good one.
                        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                        "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                        "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                        -Rick Majerus

                        Comment

                        • cowboy
                          Homer Weems
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 5740

                          #27
                          Hootie and the Blowfish. Love 'em.
                          sigpic
                          "Outlined against a blue, gray
                          October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                          Grantland Rice, 1924

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #28
                            Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                            I wasn't too keen on playing the Smiths in front of other people either.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • cowboy
                              Homer Weems
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 5740

                              #29
                              Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                              So lets say Creekster needs a ride to church and he calls you up for a ride. When he got in the car what song would you be embarrassed to be playing and would even turn it off even though if you were alone you would play it loud and perhaps sing along. Mine would be "Ordinary World" by Duran Duran.
                              For some reason, I envision you and creekster driving down the road singing "Don't You Remember You Told Me You Loved Me Baby" at the top of your lungs.
                              sigpic
                              "Outlined against a blue, gray
                              October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                              Grantland Rice, 1924

                              Comment

                              • creekster
                                It is NOT a monkey!
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 22661

                                #30
                                Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                                For some reason, I envision you and creekster driving down the road singing "Don't You Remember You Told Me You Loved Me Baby" at the top of your lungs.
                                If you mean SUperstar and the Leon Russell version, that's OK with me.
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                                Comment

                                Working...