The HBO Original Programming Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post

Interesting. Station Eleven is one of my favorite novels of the last decade but the show didn't do it for me (I rarely like a show or movie based on a book I love though). That being said though, the source material is a game that is older than Station Eleven, so it's hard to accuse them of being unoriginal.
    It’s not really the story or plot that I’m referring to. More the tone and dialog and music.

Comment

• I’m up to speed. I like it. Mrs. NWC isn’t fond of zombie-type movies at all but she did like the third episode. That was very well done.

did anyone recognize what other movie used the same cello music from the third episode???
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• I got caught up. Good show. Agree that third episode was great. Looks like it's going to be a good series, but it's a shame they chose a zombie setting. There's no way the misses is going to go for another zombie show, and honestly I'm not sure I can do it either. I've hit my lifetime limit of scenes where a human is trying to escape from a zombie and then narrowly escapes or gets trapped and about to be bit and someone else saves them or gets bit and it's the saddest thing in the world to watch them die. Over it.

Comment

• SNL last night. Pretty funny.

Comment

• That’s awesome
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Interesting that the writer of Long Long Time also wrote Backstory for Mister Quest. Both great standalone episodes.
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Some interesting scenes from southern Alberta last episode.
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                  Interesting that the writer of Long Long Time also wrote Backstory for Mister Quest. Both great standalone episodes.
                  *Mythic Quest
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

*Mythic Quest
                    What's Mythic Quest?
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• OK, I am in a bit of a quandary here. We watched the first episode of The Last of Us last night. I was prepared to be blown away, but it just seems like yet another run-of-the-mill zombie/post-apocalyptic series. What am I missing?
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        OK, I am in a bit of a quandary here. We watched the first episode of The Last of Us last night. I was prepared to be blown away, but it just seems like yet another run-of-the-mill zombie/post-apocalyptic series. What am I missing?
                        probably episode 2.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

probably episode 2.
                          But episode 1 was supposed to be the highest rated S1E1 ever on IMDB. Video game fans driving that?

Do things get cooking in E2?
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

OK, I am in a bit of a quandary here. We watched the first episode of The Last of Us last night. I was prepared to be blown away, but it just seems like yet another run-of-the-mill zombie/post-apocalyptic series. What am I missing?
                            at least watch through ep 3
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post

at least watch through ep 3
                              I will keep watching.

Comment

But episode 1 was supposed to be the highest rated S1E1 ever on IMDB. Video game fans driving that?

Do things get cooking in E2?
                                I'm tucking this away for next time you beat us over the head with IMDB ratings. Of course everything I tuck away is quickly forgotten in this old man brain.

Comment

Working...
                                X