The HBO Original Programming Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • UVACoug
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

    Yeah, no Season 3.


    It sounds like the characters will continue and have storylines in other series and there could be a Checkmate spin off.

    Season 1 was a lot of fun. Season 2 had an emotional weight to it and brilliant storytelling in a way that Season 1 didn't even compare. Season 2 was significantly better.
    I’d love to see a Vigilante spin off. There was way too little of him in this last season.

    Leave a comment:


  • YOhio
    replied
    Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post

    First of all, agreed, it was a fantastic season 2 and superior to the first season by a significant margin. This is the show people don't know they need to watch because it looks so stupid. Second, what???? I thought Season 3 was already a go. You have ruined my day.
    Peacemaker was fantastic. I agree with the take about season 2 and I really enjoyed Season 1. I rewatched several episodes like a day or two after the first watch just to enjoy it again. The music was so perfect.

    Leave a comment:


  • dabrockster
    replied
    IT: Welcome to Derry is insane!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyFunkhouser
    replied
    Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post

    First of all, agreed, it was a fantastic season 2 and superior to the first season by a significant margin. This is the show people don't know they need to watch because it looks so stupid. Second, what???? I thought Season 3 was already a go. You have ruined my day.
    Yeah, no Season 3.


    It sounds like the characters will continue and have storylines in other series and there could be a Checkmate spin off.

    Season 1 was a lot of fun. Season 2 had an emotional weight to it and brilliant storytelling in a way that Season 1 didn't even compare. Season 2 was significantly better.

    Leave a comment:


  • SteelBlue
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    I finished up this season of Peacemaker. I really enjoyed it. It is too bad that there isn't likely to be a third season.
    First of all, agreed, it was a fantastic season 2 and superior to the first season by a significant margin. This is the show people don't know they need to watch because it looks so stupid. Second, what???? I thought Season 3 was already a go. You have ruined my day.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyFunkhouser
    replied
    I finished up this season of Peacemaker. I really enjoyed it. It is too bad that there isn't likely to be a third season.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyFunkhouser
    replied
    Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
    Peacemaker is shockingly good. I'm not a superhero guy and put off watching this for quite a while but finally caved. Season 1 is good, Season 2 is excellent. I know there are things I don't understand about the backstory because I haven't seen Suicide Squad but they aren't really necessary. John Cena has become a solid actor and you can even sense growth in Season 2. I feel confident in stating almost everyone here would enjoy it. Might take a couple episodes to get into it but it's worth it.
    Peacemaker is great

    Leave a comment:


  • SteelBlue
    replied
    Peacemaker is shockingly good. I'm not a superhero guy and put off watching this for quite a while but finally caved. Season 1 is good, Season 2 is excellent. I know there are things I don't understand about the backstory because I haven't seen Suicide Squad but they aren't really necessary. John Cena has become a solid actor and you can even sense growth in Season 2. I feel confident in stating almost everyone here would enjoy it. Might take a couple episodes to get into it but it's worth it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Northwestcoug
    replied
    "And So it Goes", the documentary about Billy Joel is interesting to watch. I had forgotten just how long of a solid run he had in the mid 70's to 80's, and then flashes of genius here and there through the 90's. Lots of interviews, including from past wives, so it's not a hagiography. It's a two-part series, about 4 hours in total. You could watch worse.

    Leave a comment:


  • UVACoug
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

    We have finished the series. What an amazing season. The finale blew my mind.
    It was so funny. You should check out his post-season CNN interview if you haven't already:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIFdbd6dmKg

    Leave a comment:


  • Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
    Is anyone else watching The Rehearsal? If you are into Nathan Fielder's brand of humor at all, you need to check it out. Tonight's episode was absolutely nuts. Don't want to spoil it, but it may be the funniest thing I've seen ... maybe ever.
    We have finished the series. What an amazing season. The finale blew my mind.

    Leave a comment:


  • RC Vikings
    replied
    Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    LOL. For some reason this struck me as really, really funny this morning. I picture RCV so desperate to share this information--to be the one who introduces this board to Mobland in all of its c-worded glory, that he just has to find a thread--any thread!-- to post it in. And once he posts, he immediately realizes he has posted in the wrong thread, and despite knowing there is a correct thread, is just like, "Sorry, wrong place, IDGAF" and goes back to shipping starchy root vegetables.

    Love you, RCV.
    You couldn't have been more correct, eat potatoes, it's healthy for you.

    Leave a comment:


  • falafel
    replied
    Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
    Mobland, I like it but it's brutal. Also they throw around the c word often, just a FYI. Sorry this is on Paramount, I'm just going to leave it here.
    I like Mobland a lot. If you don't like it, you're probably just a whiny c*#t.

    Leave a comment:


  • Donuthole
    replied
    Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
    Mobland, I like it but it's brutal. Also they throw around the c word often, just a FYI. Sorry this is on Paramount, I'm just going to leave it here.
    LOL. For some reason this struck me as really, really funny this morning. I picture RCV so desperate to share this information--to be the one who introduces this board to Mobland in all of its c-worded glory, that he just has to find a thread--any thread!-- to post it in. And once he posts, he immediately realizes he has posted in the wrong thread, and despite knowing there is a correct thread, is just like, "Sorry, wrong place, IDGAF" and goes back to shipping starchy root vegetables.

    Love you, RCV.

    Leave a comment:


  • RC Vikings
    replied
    Mobland, I like it but it's brutal. Also they throw around the c word often, just a FYI. Sorry this is on Paramount, I'm just going to leave it here.

    Leave a comment:

Working...