No announcement yet.

VidAngel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gladiator is so good. And it shouldn't be filtered.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
      Published 3 days ago and already hitting 5000 views!

Nonetheless, I laughed... at least a couple of times. Thanks for sharing.

Have not used the service. Tried to convince the wife that my 14-yo son was old enough to watch Gladiator with me on Netflix the other weekend; she vetoed that idea outright.

Maybe VidAngel is how I get around "the law" in these parts.
      You asked first? Forgiveness, not permission.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Have not used the service. Tried to convince the wife that my 14-yo son was old enough to watch Gladiator with me on Netflix the other weekend; she vetoed that idea outright.

ah, that was my first R.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
          ah, that was my first R.
          Shampoo with Goldie Hawn and Warren Beatty was my first R. As an unsuspecting youth, my eyes were opened.
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

ah, that was my first R.
            Shampoo with Goldie Hawn and Warren Beatty was my first R. As an unsuspecting youth, my eyes were opened.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              While I still think they are going to lose this battle, I'm always pretty impressed/amused with Vidangel's informational videos. I'm happy to support them until they are gone.
              VidAngel should just make a video player that applies their editing to a movie one gets from bit torrent... then don't have to worry about having to go to the trouble of decrypting the movie and all that DMCA crap.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                VidAngel should just make a video player that applies their editing to a movie one gets from bit torrent... then don't have to worry about having to go to the trouble of decrypting the movie and all that DMCA crap.
                You aren't thinking with your wallet.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  While I still think they are going to lose this battle, I'm always pretty impressed/amused with Vidangel's informational videos. I'm happy to support them until they are gone.
                  That was good but seems like they are way off on the fair use argument. I think VidAngel's activities fail on all criteria for fair use.
                  "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                  "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                  This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                  "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                  "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

ah, that was my first R.
                    It was my last.

Edit: My first was Gorky Park, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                      It was my last.
                      Dang. That was back in 2000. You've missed a lot of great movies.
                      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

I just watch Gladiator two weeks ago with my 13 year old daughter. Matrix was her first R movie, which we watched a few months ago.
                        "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                          It was my last.

Edit: My first was Gorky Park, I believe.
                          So you don't watch a lot of movies, I take it.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                            I just watch Gladiator two weeks ago with my 13 year old daughter. Matrix was her first R movie, which we watched a few months ago.
                            Hey, I just watched the Matrix with my 13 year old son for his first R about 2 months ago too. I guess its time to throw Gladiator in? What do we watch after that?
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              Hey, I just watched the Matrix with my 13 year old son for his first R about 2 months ago too. I guess its time to throw Gladiator in? What do we watch after that?
                              I am trying to convince her to watch Unforgiven, but she isn't into westerns.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
                              "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                First Blood.
                                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Working...
                                X