Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
    I watched episode 1 of the Grand Tour last night. As expected, it's pretty similar to Top Gear, which I think is a good thing. I though the traveling studio format will be cool.
    Originally posted by Shaka View Post
    I've been catching up on this. It's pretty awesome. I couldn't stop laughing at the third episode.
    Shaka - after your Phuket adventure, you should consider the European road trip from The Grand Tour, Season 1, Episode 12, "[censored] to [censored]".

https://www.amazon.com/The-Grand-Tou...rds=grand+tour
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
      Shaka - after your Phuket adventure, you should consider the European road trip from The Grand Tour, Season 1, Episode 12, "[censored] to [censored]".

https://www.amazon.com/The-Grand-Tou...rds=grand+tour
      HAHAHAHAHA! I actually thought about it when I watched the episode.

Comment

• Season 2 of Hands of God:

Moving the storyline forward but not enough as I had hoped. Still watched all the episodes but hopefully they will pick it up more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Patriot: Show is growing on me. Find it's humor to be dark to my liking..

"His name isn't Eugene, Big step back for you Stephen". LOL..

Comment

• Finally finished Sneaky Pete. I stalled after episode 5 because it just got a little too ridiculous. I'm not sure it ever changed in that regard, but I am running low on watching material, and the last four episodes were fairly entertaining.
            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
              Finally finished Sneaky Pete. I stalled after episode 5 because it just got a little too ridiculous. I'm not sure it ever changed in that regard, but I am running low on watching material, and the last four episodes were fairly entertaining.
              I had mostly enjoyed it until the ending. Forcing a season 2 possibility out of nothing was really annoying.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                I had mostly enjoyed it until the ending. Forcing a season 2 possibility out of nothing was really annoying.
                I agree, it would have been better off as a one and done.

Comment

• The Hornet's Nest - documentary about a father-son team of journalists embedded with the military in Afghanistan circa 2011. Includes battle footage and such. Pretty interesting, though it does get hung up on the father-son dynamic a bit too much imho.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I'm 3 episodes into Amazon's "Patriot", which focuses on a N.O.C. (non-official cover) agent who is trying to prevent Iran from completing their nuclear program. Since he's a N.O.C. agent, he is employed by a real contractor who does business in Europe and Iran so that he can travel there officially without raising eyebrows and accomplish his agent work. His employer (a Milwaukee industrial piping contractor) does not know about his intelligence work.

Having said that, this "spy drama" is totally different in that is focuses on the unsexy side of intelligence work. The guy hates his job, would rather get high, and writes folk songs about the missions he's on to deal with the stress. The songs are really pretty good, and they are sung and performed by the actual actor. The agent works for his Dad (Terry O'Quinn - Locke from Lost), who is in charge of State Dept. Intelligence. The agent's brother is an overweight congressman who loves the Beastie Boys and has an illegitimate child with a black woman. In order to spend time with his son, he has the mother enroll him in a Big Brothers-type program and then volunteers to be his mentor.

Its a little slow, but I'm really enjoying it. The music is really good and the production values are very high. It has a sort of Wes Anderson quality to it, but its a little more grounded than that. Recommended.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      I'm 3 episodes into Amazon's "Patriot", which focuses on a N.O.C. (non-official cover) agent who is trying to prevent Iran from completing their nuclear program. Since he's a N.O.C. agent, he is employed by a real contractor who does business in Europe and Iran so that he can travel there officially without raising eyebrows and accomplish his agent work. His employer (a Milwaukee industrial piping contractor) does not know about his intelligence work.

Having said that, this "spy drama" is totally different in that is focuses on the unsexy side of intelligence work. The guy hates his job, would rather get high, and writes folk songs about the missions he's on to deal with the stress. The songs are really pretty good, and they are sung and performed by the actual actor. The agent works for his Dad (Terry O'Quinn - Locke from Lost), who is in charge of State Dept. Intelligence. The agent's brother is an overweight congressman who loves the Beastie Boys and has an illegitimate child with a black woman. In order to spend time with his son, he has the mother enroll him in a Big Brothers-type program and then volunteers to be his mentor.

Its a little slow, but I'm really enjoying it. The music is really good and the production values are very high. It has a sort of Wes Anderson quality to it, but its a little more grounded than that. Recommended.
                      I enjoyed it. Posted about a while ago. Found it to be pretty funny..

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                        I enjoyed it. Posted about a while ago. Found it to be pretty funny..

Yeah, there are several laugh out loud moments in each episode. Almost more of a dramedy.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yeah, there are several laugh out loud moments in each episode. Almost more of a dramedy.
                          I am not sure if you are there yet, but this one-liner cracked me up..

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                            I am not sure if you are there yet, but this one-liner cracked me up..

Yeah, saw that last night! Hilarious. The Steven scenes are funny. Like the BIG piano scene reenactment.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yeah, saw that last night! Hilarious. The Steven scenes are funny. Like the BIG piano scene reenactment.
                              LOL. The way he just messes with him cracks me up, but I feel a little guilty..

Comment

I'm 3 episodes into Amazon's "Patriot", which focuses on a N.O.C. (non-official cover) agent who is trying to prevent Iran from completing their nuclear program. Since he's a N.O.C. agent, he is employed by a real contractor who does business in Europe and Iran so that he can travel there officially without raising eyebrows and accomplish his agent work. His employer (a Milwaukee industrial piping contractor) does not know about his intelligence work.

I thought this one was the best of the pilots they previewed a couple years back. I finally got around to starting it, and have loved every episode (I'm also 3 episodes in) but just haven't been able to binge it yet. It'd help if I could get my wife into it.

Comment

Working...
                                X