Next Gen Console Wars: The official xBox One v. PS4 Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #16
    Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
    PS4 comes out in November, right? What about XBox1?

    My little kids like Kinect, but I don't want to wait for months to play Ghosts. I haven't played any CoD in like 6 months and I'm starting to feel it again. (My wife thinks I've quit for good. )
    Im already playing Ghosts

    xbox 1 comes out Nov 22.

    You dont have to wait to play Ghosts, btw. While it launches for PS4 a week before it launches for xb1, it launches for both PS3 and xbox 360 on the same day and before either of the two new consoles. First week of November.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • San Juan Sun
      Kicked to the curb
      • Dec 2009
      • 9214

      #17
      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      Im already playing Ghosts

      xbox 1 comes out Nov 22.

      You dont have to wait to play Ghosts, btw. While it launches for PS4 a week before it launches for xb1, it launches for both PS3 and xbox 360 on the same day and before either of the two new consoles. First week of November.
      How do you like it?
      "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

      - Ty Cobb

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #18
        Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
        How do you like it?
        better than black ops 2 by far.

        has more of a Fallout 3 vibe, actually. And you can play as a dog, which is obviously a wonderful development.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • San Juan Sun
          Kicked to the curb
          • Dec 2009
          • 9214

          #19
          In the ongoing prerelease war between Sony's PS4 and Microsoft's Xbox One, the PS4 continually appears to be the clear victor, from Sony's E3 showing and Microsoft's DRM and indie game debacle, to the PS4's superior hardware and the Xbox One's higher price. Now, a mysterious insider that has leaked correct Microsoft info in the past, is claiming that the Xbox One can't output in 1080p, and tops out at a mere 900p.
          "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

          - Ty Cobb

          Comment

          • Uncle Ted
            The Big 12 money shot.
            • Apr 2010
            • 28853

            #20
            Don't buy your PS4 in Brazil...

            [ATTACH=CONFIG]3258[/ATTACH]

            Sony's new PlayStation 4 won't be on store shelves until next month, but the gaming console has already raised eyebrows in Brazil, after reports that it would cost 3,999 Brazilian real — or about $1,845 at today's exchange rate.


            The company says the steep cost isn't a case of price gouging, but instead a sign of Brazil's heavy taxes and fees on imported electronics.


            The game system will be released in the United States on Nov. 15 and in countries including Brazil later that month. Large retailers in the U.S. will offer the PS4 at a base price of around $400.
            [...]
            The steep cost isn't a case of price-gouging, the company says, but a sign of Brazil's heavy taxes and fees on imported electronics. Prospective customers say it could be cheaper to fly to the U.S. to buy the game console.


            But if you flying to Brazil, you might want to take one in your carry on... You know, so you have something to play while on vacation.
            Attached Files
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • DapperDan
              Whut?
              • Mar 2010
              • 1132

              #21
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              ive heard this term thrown around in the media quite a bit but I dont see much "next gen" about PS4. graphics and processing speed are constantly improving, but not enough to change how games are designed. the xbox1 integrates new features into the gaming experience that are fully immersive and simply not possible with the ps console in its current form. there is a reason PS dropped the price. if it were the same price there would be very little reason to buy it.

              look at the PS arc over the past 10 years. it missed every step of the way. Online P2P, motion cap technology, handheld market vs online distribution proliferation, and now interactive gaming. PS has missed on each one of these.

              For now, if the main goal is simply to play the sports games or Ghosts, there is basically zero difference between the two except one is cheaper and the other has a far superior online experience.
              "Next gen" has always referred to the increase in graphics and processing power and these new consoles are a big step in that direction.

              I don't expect the extra capabilities of the Xbone to have much impact this generation baring some amazing new use that has not been demoed yet. You'll primarily see first party titles use these features, and if Nintendo is any guide they'll often be shoehorned in in ways that don't benefit the gameplay. The bulk of titles will be multi-platform and therefore not be designed from the ground up with these new features in mind. A few titles will probably have some stuff bolted on to them as their ported to the Xbone, but they'll be cosmetic changes as the game literally must be playable without them.

              Comment

              • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                Time to camp
                • Nov 2008
                • 26082

                #22
                Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                A quick search didn't yield any official threads, so I figured why not start one.

                I've found my gaming time to have declined fairly steadily over the last two years. Essentially now, it's NCAA 14 (RIP) and likely to be Madden for me, maybe NBA 2K14 and more for the kiddos. We have a Kinect, but play it maybe 15% of the total gaming time (and even that is probably estimating high).

                So, what's the word on the street. Anybody else pre-ordering? What console? Why?
                When I was angrily cleaning our bonus room and threatening to throw away our Xbox, I realized that I have not played even a full game of NCAA 14 and 1 full game of Madden. I don't know where my time goes, but I seem to not have it for this anymore.

                That said right now we are signed up for a XB1 that Amazon still says is Dec 31. I have always liked playing on a PS better, but like fly my kids don't want to be the one with a PS when it seems everyone else is team XB.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

                Comment

                • San Juan Sun
                  Kicked to the curb
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 9214

                  #23
                  I am still debating which way I'm going. I'm just not seeing the Xbox1 justifying the extra $100. But the kids love the Kinect, so maybe that's probably where we'll end up.

                  I'm probably going to buy Ghosts and Madden. Too bad MLB The Show is a PS title.
                  "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                  - Ty Cobb

                  Comment

                  • The_Tick
                    Made something of myself
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 7291

                    #24
                    Already pre-ordered my XBOX One. Opening Day.

                    Thanks Best Buy!

                    Comment

                    • San Juan Sun
                      Kicked to the curb
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 9214

                      #25
                      Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                      Already pre-ordered my XBOX One. Opening Day.

                      Thanks Best Buy!


                      On 2nd thought, should Grandpas be playing video games?
                      "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                      - Ty Cobb

                      Comment

                      • Flystripper
                        Degenerate Gambler
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 14089

                        #26
                        Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                        "Next gen" has always referred to the increase in graphics and processing power and these new consoles are a big step in that direction.

                        I don't expect the extra capabilities of the Xbone to have much impact this generation baring some amazing new use that has not been demoed yet. You'll primarily see first party titles use these features, and if Nintendo is any guide they'll often be shoehorned in in ways that don't benefit the gameplay. The bulk of titles will be multi-platform and therefore not be designed from the ground up with these new features in mind. A few titles will probably have some stuff bolted on to them as their ported to the Xbone, but they'll be cosmetic changes as the game literally must be playable without them.
                        I have never heard of the xbone. If this system does what it sounds like it does then this is truly next gen.
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

                        Comment

                        • thesaint258
                          aka Benito Hazard
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 3005

                          #27
                          Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                          Already pre-ordered my XBOX One. Opening Day.

                          Thanks Best Buy!
                          I pre-ordered, too. I saw that Best Buy was doing additional pre-orders, convinced the wife that we should buy one (it helped that I've been hinting that I want a helmet signed by both Steve Young and Jim McMahon that's kind of pricey), and ordered one. Now I need to figure out how that Activision deal works when you buy a game for the 360 then want it for the Xbox one three weeks later.
                          Not that, sickos.

                          Comment

                          • DapperDan
                            Whut?
                            • Mar 2010
                            • 1132

                            #28
                            Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                            I have never heard of the xbone. If this system does what it sounds like it does then this is truly next gen.
                            It's hard to believe they didn't see it. And yet Microsoft's Phil Spencer says he didn't anticipate that their new console, the Xbox One, would

                            Comment

                            • Commando
                              Explosivo
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 20748

                              #29
                              I am firmly in Camp Xbox. I don't know when I'm gonna throw down for it, but we'll see... I may need to upgrade my TV first to get the benefit of the standard hdmi stuff. I'm in no rush- partially b/c I am good w the Wii U for now-- NBA2k13 is pretty damn fun still, and I am going through the upgraded Zelda Windwaker game.
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                              Comment

                              • Walter Sobchak
                                Adventurer
                                • Oct 2009
                                • 3815

                                #30
                                And is more better.
                                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

                                Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

                                Comment

                                Working...