Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • venkman
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 2199

    #1

    Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

    I have no idea if this will be any good, but could there possibly be be a more awesome movie concept? Answer: no.
    "Remember to double tap"
  • MarkGrace
    Grooveshark dick tease
    • Dec 2008
    • 31546

    #2
    Totally seeing this.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #3
      have you guys read the book? I think you are getting way too amped about this movie. The book was fun reading, would hardly get excited about it.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • venkman
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 2199

        #4
        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        have you guys read the book? I think you are getting way too amped about this movie. The book was fun reading, would hardly get excited about it.
        I didn't even know there was a book. The whole idea of Honest Abe killing vampires I presume with his axe is new to me, I guess that's why I'm excited.
        "Remember to double tap"

        Comment

        • oxcoug
          Dolphins Rape Hipsters
          • Dec 2009
          • 5309

          #5
          Coming attractions in the franchise:

          Thomas Jefferson: Ghost Buster
          Ben Franklin: Werewolf Bane
          Paul Revere: Demon Slayer
          Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

          It can't all be wedding cake.

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #6
            Originally posted by venkman View Post
            I didn't even know there was a book. The whole idea of Honest Abe killing vampires I presume with his axe is new to me, I guess that's why I'm excited.
            It is a couple of years old. an easy read and enjoyable. I would suggest reading it. From the same genre as Pride Prejudice Zombies, Android Karenina, Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters.

            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • RobinFinderson
              Banned
              • Nov 2008
              • 10548

              #7
              I am so excited to not see this!

              Comment

              • Indy Coug
                Heartless Bastard
                • Dec 2008
                • 18747

                #8
                Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                I am so excited to not see this!
                Robin Finderson: Joy Killer
                Everything in life is an approximation.

                http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                Comment

                • RobinFinderson
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 10548

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                  Robin Finderson: Joy Killer
                  What are you talking about? I'm absolutely thrilled that I won't be seeing this. Can't we all enjoy the film in our own way?

                  Comment

                  • lambdacoug
                    Junior Member
                    • Oct 2011
                    • 3981

                    #10
                    Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
                    Coming attractions in the franchise:

                    Thomas Jefferson: Ghost Buster
                    Ben Franklin: Werewolf Bane
                    Paul Revere: Demon Slayer
                    Very apt...
                    Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                    - Howard Aiken

                    Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                    - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69706

                      #11
                      This sounds so awful that it just might end up being good.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • PaloAltoCougar
                        Semper infra dignitatem
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 16936

                        #12
                        When I saw the trailer in the theater, I imagined how Abe would react if somehow he were able to see the movie, without any advance explanation. Thinking about his reaction is probably the only thing that would make me find the movie appealing. He would probably be surprised by his apparent legacy.

                        Comment

                        • Commando
                          Explosivo
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 20748

                          #13
                          I think Abe would be tickled. He might find the profanity and violence abhorrent, though. I won't. I think I like the concept enough to throw down and see it.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                          Comment

                          • Northwestcoug
                            Cocked and Loaded
                            • May 2011
                            • 18027

                            #14
                            Count me in!
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

                            Comment

                            • TalkyTina
                              Killer doll
                              • May 2012
                              • 202

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Commando View Post
                              I think Abe would be tickled. He might find the profanity and violence abhorrent, though. I won't. I think I like the concept enough to throw down and see it.
                              My thoughts too.

                              Comment

                              Working...