The Black Keys

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MarkGrace
    Grooveshark dick tease
    • Dec 2008
    • 31546

    #16
    Originally posted by falafel View Post
    I'm excited for the new release. The five teaser songs have all been very good. For me there are always a few throw-aways on a Black Keys album. I'll be interested to see if they tighten it up a little on this release.
    As awesome as Brothers is/was, 14 songs is always going to be too many for me. Even if all the songs are good (and I don't even know what I cut from Bros), I'd still rather see 10-11 songs.

    With that in mind, I really love the new album for that reason exactly. This thing just flies by. I could see myself listening to it a lot more than Brothers, just because it's a quicker experience. And Sister absolutely kicks ass! I've been keeping my eye on youtube the last couple days so I could post it here, but it keeps getting taken down as soon as it goes up.

    But great record. If it was released early in the year, I think it easily hits my top 5.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

    Comment

    • Donuthole
      Official Outgayer
      • Nov 2008
      • 25266

      #17
      How long before this thing is up on Spotify?
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

      There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

      Comment

      • falafel
        loves to talk on things
        • Mar 2009
        • 37974

        #18
        Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        How long before this thing is up on Spotify?
        Album is not officially released until the 6th, I think. You can listen to 5 of the songs on their website.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

        Dig your own grave, and save!

        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • MarkGrace
          Grooveshark dick tease
          • Dec 2008
          • 31546

          #19
          Lonely boy and gold on the ceiling. Enjoyed both.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

          Comment

          • Parrot Head
            Operation Hot Mother
            • Nov 2008
            • 2322

            #20
            I thought about posting this in the "wuap knocked..." thread but I'll post it here for him:

            Black Keys Add Charlotte to their US Tour

            March 24th at the Bojangles!
            I have nothing else to say at this time.

            Comment

            • falafel
              loves to talk on things
              • Mar 2009
              • 37974

              #21
              Originally posted by falafel View Post
              I'm excited for the new release. The five teaser songs have all been very good. For me there are always a few throw-aways on a Black Keys album. I'll be interested to see if they tighten it up a little on this release.
              Best Keys album yet.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

              Dig your own grave, and save!

              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • falafel
                loves to talk on things
                • Mar 2009
                • 37974

                #22
                Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                Holy shit. Little black submarines. Ha.

                Maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake, but this song has got to be a zeppelin homage, doesn't it? I haven't listened closely to the lyrics, so I don't know if there's anything there.

                Also, the part where the electric comes in is lifted from Tom Petty.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                Dig your own grave, and save!

                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • wuapinmon
                  Soul Plumber
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 30711

                  #23
                  Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  Maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake, but this song has got to be a zeppelin homage, doesn't it? I haven't listened closely to the lyrics, so I don't know if there's anything there.

                  Also, the part where the electric comes in is lifted from Tom Petty.
                  I feeel you on both of those. The ending reminds me of some Pearl Jam song I can't quite place.
                  "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                  The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                  Comment

                  • MarkGrace
                    Grooveshark dick tease
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 31546

                    #24
                    Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    Maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake, but this song has got to be a zeppelin homage, doesn't it? I haven't listened closely to the lyrics, so I don't know if there's anything there.

                    Also, the part where the electric comes in is lifted from Tom Petty.
                    It's the riff from Last Dance with Mary Jane.
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                    Comment

                    • MarkGrace
                      Grooveshark dick tease
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 31546

                      #25
                      Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                      It's the riff from Last Dance with Mary Jane.
                      By the way, I don't think that song is among the best, that last half was just so unexpected after the first half that it just made me go

                      But yeah, not the first time they've done the Zep thing. To me this is basically a Zep song as well.

                      [YOUTUBE]T5SHOX6eomk[/YOUTUBE]
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                      Comment

                      • Donuthole
                        Official Outgayer
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 25266

                        #26
                        Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Best Keys album yet.
                        Still not available on Spotify . . .
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                        There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                        Comment

                        • MarkGrace
                          Grooveshark dick tease
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 31546

                          #27
                          This is still my running favorite.

                          [YOUTUBE]8kC6Rl3HXaA[/YOUTUBE]
                          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                          Comment

                          • falafel
                            loves to talk on things
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 37974

                            #28
                            Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            How long before this thing is up on Spotify?
                            Dammit, looks like TBK are refusing to license El Camino to spotify and other streaming services at the moment.

                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                            Dig your own grave, and save!

                            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • Flystripper
                              Degenerate Gambler
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 14089

                              #29
                              Bought it. Just listened all the way through. Wow
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

                              Comment

                              • falafel
                                loves to talk on things
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 37974

                                #30
                                Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                                It's the riff from Last Dance with Mary Jane.
                                Yes, I agree. Straight lifted from that song.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                                Dig your own grave, and save!

                                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                                Comment

                                Working...