Arrested Development resurfacing!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SandYFan
    Junior Member
    • May 2013
    • 754

    #61
    I'm five episodes in and am pretty underwhelmed. The timing and speed feel really off somehow. Conversations drag on. Somehow Tambor's Oscar isn't recognizable. Wiig as young Lucille is terrible and Rogen as young George Sr. is sacrilege. Maebe has had about 15 minutes of screen time and done almost nothing with it.

    Comment

    • The_Douger
      Athletic Supporter
      • Jun 2012
      • 5413

      #62
      I think Wing has young Lucille down pat.
      Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

      Comment

      • ERCougar
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 10978

        #63
        I like young Lucille. I don't like young George Sr.
        I'm two episodes in. Meh. Had to make myself finish the second episode. For me, this show had a fantastic first season, a really good second, an ok third, and this one feels like a little step up from the third, but not much.
        At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
        -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

        Comment

        • SandYFan
          Junior Member
          • May 2013
          • 754

          #64
          Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
          I think Wing has young Lucille down pat.
          Wigg relies on her crazy eyes way, way too much. It's really annoying.

          Comment

          • MarkGrace
            Grooveshark dick tease
            • Dec 2008
            • 31546

            #65
            Originally posted by SandYFan View Post
            The timing and speed feel really off somehow. Conversations drag on.
            I wouldn't disagree with that. I think it is due to the focus on one character and the running length of these new episodes. The strength of the show was always the ensemble playing off each other, and now not only do you have basically one character trying to carry a full episode, but that episode is anywhere from 6-10 minutes longer than what you'd get in the past. That's a lot of ground to make up. But I'm still really enjoying it. My expectations were already very, very low going into it, so I'm satisfied with it.
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

            Comment

            • MarkGrace
              Grooveshark dick tease
              • Dec 2008
              • 31546

              #66
              Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
              I think Wing has young Lucille down pat.
              I think she's been great. Rogen not so much.
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

              Comment

              • Pheidippides
                Liberal Feminazi
                • Nov 2008
                • 14759

                #67
                Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                I wouldn't disagree with that. I think it is due to the focus on one character and the running length of these new episodes. The strength of the show was always the ensemble playing off each other, and now not only do you have basically one character trying to carry a full episode, but that episode is anywhere from 6-10 minutes longer than what you'd get in the past. That's a lot of ground to make up. But I'm still really enjoying it. My expectations were already very, very low going into it, so I'm satisfied with it.
                Same. I loved this season, but (spoiler) you are left hanging on a lot of stuff. Setting up for a movie, as they said.

                Wiig is great as young Lucille, Rogan not so much. I'm still cracking up over the Tony Wonder bit too. Not as good as 1 and 2, but I found myself laughing pretty hard a number of times.
                Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                Comment

                • SandYFan
                  Junior Member
                  • May 2013
                  • 754

                  #68
                  I'm through GOB's episode. His and Tobias' are pretty fantastic. GOB considering whether to take the $120,000/yr job over trying to make it as an actor was hilarious.

                  I also figured out another problem I have with the season. Original series, Michael is the straight man that all his family's crazy can bounce off of. Now that he's a wreck, where does the crazy go?

                  Comment

                  • Pheidippides
                    Liberal Feminazi
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 14759

                    #69
                    Originally posted by SandYFan View Post
                    I'm through GOB's episode. His and Tobias' are pretty fantastic. GOB considering whether to take the $120,000/yr job over trying to make it as an actor was hilarious.

                    I also figured out another problem I have with the season. Original series, Michael is the straight man that all his family's crazy can bounce off of. Now that he's a wreck, where does the crazy go?
                    George Michael, of course. Even in the earlier seasons, Michael had some crazies, just minor ones in comparison. I see a lot of the same in George Michael.

                    I am watching them through a second time and am already picking up on all sorts of hilarious things I missed.
                    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                    Comment

                    • Sullyute
                      a day late/a dollar short
                      • Jul 2010
                      • 3308

                      #70
                      We are only thru the third episode but did lindsey have some plastic surgery done? She looks different than she used to and it is not just an age thing?
                      "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

                      Comment

                      • Pheidippides
                        Liberal Feminazi
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 14759

                        #71
                        Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                        We are only thru the third episode but did lindsey have some plastic surgery done? She looks different than she used to and it is not just an age thing?
                        I think she's a lot thinner, and that's some of it, but I tend to think she had something done, yes.
                        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                        Comment

                        • Indy Coug
                          Heartless Bastard
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 18747

                          #72
                          Wall Street isn't impressed with AD

                          Everything in life is an approximation.

                          http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                          Comment

                          • All-American
                            Right, as Usual
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 15666

                            #73
                            Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                            Wall Street isn't impressed with AD

                            http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/28/tech...html?hpt=hp_t1
                            The headline is quite a bit more negative than the rest of the article, which included the following:

                            On one DSL network, 36% of devices watching Netflix on Sunday watched at least part of one episode of "Arrested Development" -- "a staggering number that indicated a huge success" for the release, Procera said. On a separate cable network, Netflix peak traffic jumped 10% in volume on Sunday over the previous Sunday.
                            But investors appear bullish on Netflix's original series strategy, even with Tuesday's decline. The stock hit a 52-week high earlier this month, and it's up an astounding 213% in the past year.
                            All in all, I'm very bullish on Netflix. I think Arrested Development probably pushed a little too far on what the new medium can do, but Netflix has the potential to seriously disrupt the way we get our entertainment. CBS, Comcast, and Disney ought to be concerned.
                            Last edited by All-American; 05-28-2013, 04:44 PM.
                            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                            Comment

                            • Lost Student
                              BAND!
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 4324

                              #74
                              I started watching “Arrested Development Season 4 Remix: Fateful Consequences" last night and I liked it. It feels more like seasons 1-3.

                              This was seen driving around NYC:




                              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

                              Comment

                              • Commando
                                Explosivo
                                • Feb 2009
                                • 20748

                                #75
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                                Comment

                                Working...