Arrested Development resurfacing!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Pheidippides
    Liberal Feminazi
    • Nov 2008
    • 14759

    #46
    Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
    What did Portia do to her face?!
    Had the same question. I thought it was calista flockheart.
    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

    Comment

    • Commando
      Explosivo
      • Feb 2009
      • 20748

      #47
      I'm about 10 episodes in.... Gob's episode cracked me up. So did Lindsay's- Terry Crews is amazing as Herman Cain. :rockon2:
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

      Comment

      • Pheidippides
        Liberal Feminazi
        • Nov 2008
        • 14759

        #48
        Originally posted by Commando View Post
        I'm about 10 episodes in.... Gob's episode cracked me up. So did Lindsay's- Terry Crews is amazing as Herman Cain. :rockon2:
        It's such an obvious Herman Cain that it cracks me up. I'm watching the 11th episode now - these are going to have a high rewatch value.
        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

        Comment

        • Commando
          Explosivo
          • Feb 2009
          • 20748

          #49
          What about Steve Holt?
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

          Comment

          • Pheidippides
            Liberal Feminazi
            • Nov 2008
            • 14759

            #50
            Originally posted by Commando View Post
            What about Steve Holt?
            Tony Wonder. Lol. And
            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

            Comment

            • SCcoug
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 7625

              #51
              Just watched episode one. I hope they get better.

              Comment

              • MarkGrace
                Grooveshark dick tease
                • Dec 2008
                • 31546

                #52
                I love the way this show tells jokes that you don't even know are jokes yet. At the end of the first episode Michael enters the apartment and almost gets run over by an ostrich and yells out "Lindsay!" And then you see the 3rd episode and find out about the ostrich. lol.

                I've seen four now, and the fourth was definitely my favorite. The two Michael-centered episodes have been much better than the other two (George and Lindsay). Lindsay's not a good enough character to carry a full episode.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                Comment

                • ewth8tr
                  Reverend of Irreverence
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 2347

                  #53
                  I hurt my ankle at work, so I stayed home from church and watched all 15 episodes. I enjoyed the season, though I don't think it was as good as the previous 3. They certainly set it up for a movie at the end.
                  "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

                  Comment

                  • The_Douger
                    Athletic Supporter
                    • Jun 2012
                    • 5413

                    #54
                    I've only seen the first three. I've been laughing pretty good so far.

                    I didn't like season three, and from what I've seen I like this one better.

                    I do miss the continuity of having all of the characters around at once.
                    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                    Comment

                    • All-American
                      Right, as Usual
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 15665

                      #55
                      Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                      I've only seen the first three. I've been laughing pretty good so far.

                      I didn't like season three, and from what I've seen I like this one better.

                      I do miss the continuity of having all of the characters around at once.
                      It's going to be the major knock on season 4. Whether it's because they had to in order to manage costs, or because they are exploring the freedom which the new Netflix medium provides, they are weaving some pretty intricate webs, setting up jokes in one episode that they don't pull off until three or four episodes later. Some will say it's brilliant, and others will say it's asking too much of the average viewer's attention span.

                      Basically, they're planning on everybody watching this season in the next two days.
                      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                      Comment

                      • Commando
                        Explosivo
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 20748

                        #56
                        Originally posted by All-American View Post
                        It's going to be the major knock on season 4. Whether it's because they had to in order to manage costs, or because they are exploring the freedom which the new Netflix medium provides, they are weaving some pretty intricate webs, setting up jokes in one episode that they don't pull off until three or four episodes later. Some will say it's brilliant, and others will say it's asking too much of the average viewer's attention span.

                        Basically, they're planning on everybody watching this season in the next two days.

                        Absolutely. However, Arrested Development has always set up jokes that didn't pay off until much later- sometimes seasons later. That's part of what made it so re-watchable. I like how they are kind of Tarantino-ing the various plot arcs.

                        Also, Buster's episode.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                        Comment

                        • MarkGrace
                          Grooveshark dick tease
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 31546

                          #57
                          Originally posted by All-American View Post
                          It's going to be the major knock on season 4. Whether it's because they had to in order to manage costs, or because they are exploring the freedom which the new Netflix medium provides, they are weaving some pretty intricate webs, setting up jokes in one episode that they don't pull off until three or four episodes later. Some will say it's brilliant, and others will say it's asking too much of the average viewer's attention span.

                          Basically, they're planning on everybody watching this season in the next two days.
                          They had to. Schedule and costs.
                          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                          Comment

                          • MarkGrace
                            Grooveshark dick tease
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 31546

                            #58
                            Anustart

                            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                            Comment

                            • The_Douger
                              Athletic Supporter
                              • Jun 2012
                              • 5413

                              #59
                              Originally posted by All-American View Post
                              It's going to be the major knock on season 4. Whether it's because they had to in order to manage costs, or because they are exploring the freedom which the new Netflix medium provides, they are weaving some pretty intricate webs, setting up jokes in one episode that they don't pull off until three or four episodes later. Some will say it's brilliant, and others will say it's asking too much of the average viewer's attention span.

                              Basically, they're planning on everybody watching this season in the next two days.
                              We'll probably watch it three or four times, so it won't matter for us. It's by far our favorite show.
                              Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                              Comment

                              • All-American
                                Right, as Usual
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 15665

                                #60
                                Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                                They had to. Schedule and costs.
                                So I have heard, but it seems like less of a concession and more of a nudge in the direction in which they already wanted to go. I think they're trying to see what they can do without the old twenty-two minute constraints.
                                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                                Comment

                                Working...