There are some claims that the PSN is coming back on-line. Has anyone been able to confirm this? It (netflix) still doesn't work for me even with the "o" hack mentioned above. I might have to go back to watching blu rays or even resort to buying a game for my PS3 so it will get used again.
PSN is down?
Collapse
X
-
"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
"Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
-
I've been using Netflix just fine for days even though I couldn't log into PSN.Originally posted by Uncle Ted View PostThere are some claims that the PSN is coming back on-line. Has anyone been able to confirm this? It (netflix) still doesn't work for me even with the "o" hack mentioned above. I might have to go back to watching blu rays or even resort to buying a game for my PS3 so it will get used again.
Comment
-
This still isn't fixed? PS3 players still can't play online?Fitter. Happier. More Productive.
sigpic
Comment
-
-
Supposedly this is a retaliation against Sony's handling of the people that finally hacked the PS3. It sets up a bit of a dangerous precedent -- go after hackers that have essentially ripped off your intellectual property and they'll come back and gain access to your customers' data and expose it.Originally posted by Surfah View PostThe day they announced it was fixed it was hacked again and taken offline.
Now, people think they DID gain access to CC information.
The 360 and Wii were hacked long before the PS3. Nintendo and MS didn't seem to go after anyone with the same vigor and it seems like Nintendo and MS weren't the targets that Sony is now.
The big question is whether Sony's safeguards were as solid as, say, MS's or Nintendo. As good or better than MS -- highly unlikely -- MS is a software company and the security of its network is in its wheelhouse. Nintendo still has never established much an online gaming network so the need was less. Sony is a hardware company first and a content company second -- software is a distant last. That's been the Achilles heal for the console with the best hardware and the better first party developers of the HD twins. They should have outsourced the production of its online aspects to someone like google or even Apple, though I doubt Apple would have wanted to deal with Sony.
Nintendo is coming out with its HD console a year from now. I think Sony has given it a huge opening.Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”
Comment
-
-
blu-ray still works. Some folks can actually get their netflix to work as well by canceling out of the PSN log in. It doesn't seem to work for me, however.Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Postlol.
Did any of this affect the blu-ray functionality? can people still watch DVDs?"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
"Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
Comment
-
So what are people doing with PSN down? Are they actually playing through the campaigns of the CoD games?Not that, sickos.
Comment
-
Mastering GH: MetallicaOriginally posted by thesaint258 View PostSo what are people doing with PSN down? Are they actually playing through the campaigns of the CoD games?
Comment
-
Playing outdoors, getting exercise, appreciating nature, etc.Originally posted by thesaint258 View PostSo what are people doing with PSN down? Are they actually playing through the campaigns of the CoD games?
Or maybe just watching TV?
"Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
"The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
"I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
"I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71
Comment
-

Comment