No announcement yet.

Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guy looks as gooberish as I do, but he's got some mad skillz. Love watch fingerstyle guitar covers.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

This guy looks as gooberish as I do, but he's got some mad skillz. Love watch fingerstyle guitar covers.
      I watched it all. That’s pretty cool.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Karl Denson's Tiny Universe Seven Nation Army

As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Peter Gabriel's version of "Heroes" is a revelation. The dissonant strings throughout the song are beautiful. I can't get it out of my head:

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
            Peter Gabriel's version of "Heroes" is a revelation. The dissonant strings throughout the song are beautiful. I can't get it out of my head:
            I’m late seeing this. The dissonant string remind me of bagpipes.

Here is a cover of Peter Gabriel’s Sledgehammer by Harry Styles on the Howard Stern show. Very faithful to the original. Also, his pants a kind of disturbing. Are baggy pleated pants making a comeback? It’s been about 20 years, so. . .

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
              Also, his pants a kind of disturbing. Are baggy pleated pants making a comeback? It’s been about 20 years, so. . .

Pleats are working their way back, though pants that baggy and with double pleats are pretty fashion forward at this point. But I’ve seen lots of slim fit suits now offering pants with a single pleat. It will be a few years before they are fully back, and by then baggy will start to work it’s way back squarely into the picture as well.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• But how long until doily collars and pearls are back in for men?
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  But how long until doily collars and pearls are back in for men?
                  Too long.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    But how long until doily collars and pearls are back in for men?
                    Yeah - I was just thinking he stole that look from my grandma's closet.

Comment

• Two covers of Talking Heads' "This Must Be The Place". Not sure which I like better. Probably Sure Sure's, but maybe that's just because I heard that one first.

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• But then I listen to Kishi Bashi's and I think that one's the best.

Last edited by falafel; 09-01-2020, 10:37 AM.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Disturbed's Hello Darkness blows Simon and Garfunkel out of the water

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4
                          “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                            Disturbed's Hello Darkness blows Simon and Garfunkel out of the water

Disagree.

Comment

Also disagree.

Comment

FIFY!
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X