The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
    Phantom of the Opera 25th anniversary performance at Royal Albert Hall. Can't get a better seat or a much cheaper ticket. My 6 yo daughter is becoming obsessed with it.
    We watched it when it was on PBS nonstop. I love the end when they brought out all the Val Jeans. I think Alfie is my favorite, but there is something haunting about Colm's voice.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      We watched it when it was on PBS nonstop. I love the end when they brought out all the Val Jeans. I think Alfie is my favorite, but there is something haunting about Colm's voice.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        Reading error. I thought he meant the Les Mis 25th at RAH. I haven't seen the Phantom one. I'll have to check it out. Did they bring Michael Crawford and Benson back for it?
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

• Sometimes I question why you're my best friend
          I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
            Reading error. I thought he meant the Les Mis 25th at RAH. I haven't seen the Phantom one. I'll have to check it out. Did they bring Michael Crawford and Benson back for it?
            After the play is over, and the curtain calls are done, what remains of Andrew Lloyd Webber's face comes on stage and he introduces all if the old Phantoms for a couple numbers. Colm is one of them.

Comment

• Niro Dreams of Sushi = Awesome. Makes me hungry.
              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                Niro Dreams of Sushi = Awesome. Makes me hungry.
                The one where Robert De Niro becomes a master sushi chef. Loved it as well.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                  The one where Robert De Niro becomes a master sushi chef. Loved it as well.
                  Haha not quite but check it out.

Comment

• Jiro...Niro. My bad

Comment

• Deadwood. Not on Netflix but streaming on HBO GO.

Didn't watch any of it when it was on and seems it must have been canceled for dumb reasons as the series was fantastic. The ending was certainly mangled with some characters not behaving true to form and story lines tied up messily or not at all, but great nonetheless. Really wish there was more than 3 seasons.

Comment

• Just started watching Fringe on Netflix. Never caught it on broadcast TV. Have really enjoyed it so far.
                        Tell Graham to see. And tell Merrill to swing away.

Comment

• Originally posted by VirginiaCougar View Post
                          Just started watching Fringe on Netflix. Never caught it on broadcast TV. Have really enjoyed it so far.

I was going to insert a Summon Utestar! image here, but it does not appear he was popular enough to have a summons card made for him. That's a true shame.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Meet the Fokkens. About two twin 70 year old prostitutes in Amsterdam's Red Light District who have been supporting themselves as working prostitutes for over 40 years. One retired two years ago, but one is still working, claiming that she cannot live on just her pension. But you see that she has really nice, expensive things, so does she really need the work? There are pictures of the twins, at an earlier age, driving mercedes benzes and spending lots of money.

The working girl sits there in her window, directly across from some young eastern european working girls, and aggressively taps the glass to attract the attention of male tourists, mostly in their twenties, it seems. The tourists, (especially the american looking men) take one look at her and burst into laughter, then make jokes. You can tell the mocking bothers her, and she defensively says that potential clients like all types, even the "older" girls.

I'm very interested in the psychology of the twins. After a half century of debasement in the demi monde, it is curious that they seem to take such pride in their regular customers, that they receive affirmation from every john that they service. They find no mystery in love or in romance, just business and trade for cash. Despite both having children, they seem so alone, with no support except their periodic welfare checks from the state. They both remember ex-husbands, one fondly and one with a vitriol that seems unasuaged over the years. They seem to spend a lot of money in trade expenses, with nice boots and shoes and a red satin g-strings and black fishnet lingerie.

The movie is unrated but has a handful of scenes with clients. Definitely not a sexual movie. You do not see the twins naked, just in what is typically thought to be alluring clothing.

9D36F4352A6C57510BC8B3E9A545_h316_w628_m5_cBnRLooom.jpg

Comment

• There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.
                              Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

• The Imposter.

Fascinating story and a very well done documentary.

Comment

Working...
                                X