If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
I agree wholeheartedly. My sister in law gave us some Thomas Kinkade prints (including a "hand highlighted" canvas) when she moved to Hawaii, and we tried to sell them on ebay, but nobody wants them.
If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.
"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.
"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn
Well I'll try to steer clear of the personal stuff (smarmy Born Again who says "God is my agent," deadbeat who bilked investors out of millions, etc) and focus on the epic suckitude of his paintings, which are just garishly sentimental and manipulative. I hate them.
But I can accept that some people don't feel this way.
If by lashing you mean gently placing colorful floral arrangements all around him, as he sits on a peaceful park bench watching waterfowl and cumulus clouds float by, then yes I agree with you.
If by lashing you mean gently placing colorful floral arrangements all around him, as he sits on a peaceful park bench, with a noose around his neck watching waterfowl and cumulus clouds float by, then yes I agree with you.
...
"The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."
"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."
"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."
'Art' is in the eye of the beholder. You won't get any quarrell from me about that. However he has those studios EVERYWHERE and sells uncountable numbers of his paintings.
I personally don't like his style either but I greatly admire his ability to place his product!
Oh his art - but the fact that he's also a born again huckster out there monetizing God helps make it easier.
Apropos of not much....
"Again we agree. What kind of work you do, Big Dan?
----Sales, Mr McGill, sales! What do I sell?
The truth, every blessed word of it.
From Genesis down to Revelations.
Yes, the word of God, which, let me say,
there's damn good money in during these times of woe and want.
People want answers, and Big Dan sells the only book that's got 'em.
And what do you do, you and your, uh, tongue-tied friend?"
Monetizing God is all too common, but his horrible art makes me angry! Grab the pitchforks and let's rush the castle, or the quaintly lighted cottage, as the case may be!
Oh his art - but the fact that he's also a born again huckster out there monetizing God helps make it easier.
I used to laugh out loud when I would see an Amy Grant CD for sale at the church bookstore. Same exact issue. She used to be pretty outspoken with her anti-Mormon views..
Mormons probably shouldn't complain too hard about monetizing God. We do it all over the place too.
Comment