Free Movie Screenings!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Green Lantern
    Has overcome great fear
    • Aug 2009
    • 2289

    #16
    If anyone's interested in seeing Little Fockers, there's a pretty simple contest going for free passes to a screening happening on Thursday in Salt Lake.
    Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

    None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

    I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

    --Portland Ute

    Comment

    • Commando
      Explosivo
      • Feb 2009
      • 20748

      #17
      I'm in the house for the Fighter.... roll call!
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

      Comment

      • Green Lantern
        Has overcome great fear
        • Aug 2009
        • 2289

        #18
        Originally posted by Commando View Post
        I'm in the house for the Fighter.... roll call!
        I was there! Enjoyed it quite a bit. You know what cracks me up? When those studio rep idiots who give all the big warnings about using your cell phone actually answer text messages during the film. What a douche.
        Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

        None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

        I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

        --Portland Ute

        Comment

        • Commando
          Explosivo
          • Feb 2009
          • 20748

          #19
          Originally posted by Green Lantern View Post
          I was there! Enjoyed it quite a bit. You know what cracks me up? When those studio rep idiots who give all the big warnings about using your cell phone actually answer text messages during the film. What a douche.
          Yeah. that bugged. Also, I almost elbow dropped that lady who brought her infant to the movie that started crying. Are you kidding me?
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

          Comment

          • Green Lantern
            Has overcome great fear
            • Aug 2009
            • 2289

            #20
            Originally posted by Commando View Post
            Yeah. that bugged. Also, I almost elbow dropped that lady who brought her infant to the movie that started crying. Are you kidding me?
            Yeah, I was right behind her. Come on people!
            Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

            None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

            I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

            --Portland Ute

            Comment

            • USUC
              Chronic Poseur
              • Apr 2010
              • 8806

              #21
              The wife and I saw Black Swan tonight. I was tense the whole movie (It didn't help that the theater was hot as hell). Its loosely based on the ballet Swan Lake... or so my wife tells me.

              There was a girl texting on her iPhone throughout the movie and they never kicked her out. Hollow threats.

              Comment

              • USUC
                Chronic Poseur
                • Apr 2010
                • 8806

                #22
                Saw True Grit at Jordan Commons tonight. It was great. I never tire of the dialogue in Coen bros movies. Thanks again GL for tipping us off on this.

                Comment

                • Katy Lied
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 9435

                  #23
                  Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                  Saw True Grit at Jordan Commons tonight. It was great. I never tire of the dialogue in Coen bros movies. Thanks again GL for tipping us off on this.
                  Did you notice that the Studio Suits really had night vision binoculars? I thought they were kidding.

                  Comment

                  • LiveCoug
                    LA Ute loves me
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 18489

                    #24
                    So, when you say they are "usually good for two tickets", what do you mean? Could you feasibly show up with a printed ticket and your wife and your wife get denied admission? I'm going to give this a whirl at sometime, so does it really work pretty smoothly?

                    Comment

                    • Green Lantern
                      Has overcome great fear
                      • Aug 2009
                      • 2289

                      #25
                      Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                      So, when you say they are "usually good for two tickets", what do you mean? Could you feasibly show up with a printed ticket and your wife and your wife get denied admission? I'm going to give this a whirl at sometime, so does it really work pretty smoothly?
                      The passes vary, but they are always clear about how many tickets they are good for. Some passes say something like "Universal Studios invites you and a guest to a screening of [fill in movie]." On the other hand, the passes you print off from www.gofobo.com are good for one person each. You generally designate on the site if you want one or two passes and then you print off each one.
                      Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

                      None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

                      I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

                      --Portland Ute

                      Comment

                      • Green Lantern
                        Has overcome great fear
                        • Aug 2009
                        • 2289

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                        Did you notice that the Studio Suits really had night vision binoculars? I thought they were kidding.
                        It seems like they are always extra strict at the Larry Miller theaters. I've been patted down and told to take my phone to my car in the past. (As soon as someone gets a little authority...) At a screening of The Hangover last summer, the night vision guys kicked 6 people out of the theater during the movie for using cell phones. One of them was right behind me and his date stayed until the end.
                        Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

                        None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

                        I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

                        --Portland Ute

                        Comment

                        • USUC
                          Chronic Poseur
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 8806

                          #27
                          Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                          Did you notice that the Studio Suits really had night vision binoculars? I thought they were kidding.
                          So did I. There was quite a mix up with seating arrangements for the first little bit. I was told at the ticket office that there was no assigned seating. So we just got our tickets and found the best seats we could. The younger Studio Suit told me the same. Then people starting coming in all agitated about other people sitting in their "assigned" seats. I apparently inconvenienced the hell out of an older couple whose seats we were apparently sitting in. Its a free screening folks, lighten up.

                          Great movie though.

                          Comment

                          • MarkGrace
                            Grooveshark dick tease
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 31546

                            #28
                            Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                            The wife and I saw Black Swan tonight. I was tense the whole movie (It didn't help that the theater was hot as hell). Its loosely based on the ballet Swan Lake... or so my wife tells me.

                            There was a girl texting on her iPhone throughout the movie and they never kicked her out. Hollow threats.
                            Your wife told you? Were you not watching the movie?

                            I don't know anything about Swan Lake, but they explained enough of it upfront for me to get that they were doing a story within a story.
                            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                            Comment

                            • USUC
                              Chronic Poseur
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 8806

                              #29
                              Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                              Your wife told you? Were you not watching the movie?

                              I don't know anything about Swan Lake, but they explained enough of it upfront for me to get that they were doing a story within a story.
                              I guess I wasn't paying enough attention.
                              Spoiler for Spoiler:
                              I figured that she would probably kill herself after the bar scene where she explains the plot of Swan Lake to the guy.

                              But I didn't pick up on much more. For some reason I was a lot more tense than I usually am during these psychological thrillers. Maybe just a spillover from a generally stressful day.

                              Comment

                              • Green Lantern
                                Has overcome great fear
                                • Aug 2009
                                • 2289

                                #30
                                I'm a bit late on this one so I don't know if they're still giving out passes but here you can win passes to see a screening of Green Hornet next Tuesday, the 21st. I believe the answer is 'Black Beauty.'
                                Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

                                None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

                                I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

                                --Portland Ute

                                Comment

                                Working...