Fall TV schedule

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • beefytee
    Board eye candy
    • Mar 2009
    • 7542

    #31
    Another note is that Vandelay Industries was featured in the Chuck premier Monday night.

    Comment

    • BigPiney
      Huge Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 12368

      #32
      Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
      "The League" starts up again tonight. I really enjoyed S1.
      The league was week was great.

      Comment

      • CJF
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 8497

        #33
        Originally posted by beefytee View Post
        Another note is that Vandelay Industries was featured in the Chuck premier Monday night.
        I noticed that as well. Made me chuckle.
        A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

        Comment

        • LiveCoug
          LA Ute loves me
          • Nov 2008
          • 18488

          #34
          Originally posted by CJF View Post
          I noticed that as well. Made me chuckle.
          FIFY

          Comment

          • UteStar
            Sexiest Poster in Town
            • Nov 2008
            • 2419

            #35
            Originally posted by beefytee View Post
            Another note is that Vandelay Industries was featured in the Chuck premier Monday night.

            Chuck was a letdown this week. The story was bad, the situations were too silly. Chuck is usually terrific at staying right on the line of silly, intense and interesting...but it was too silly this week. They also ruined a great chance with Dolph Lundgren. How on earth they squandered Dolph, I have no idea. Who wants to see Dolph just shoot a gun a couple of times and get knocked out by a kick? Ridiculous.

            Huge Chuck fan, but I am hoping that this is not a sign of things to come this year.

            Comment

            • OhioBlue
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 1129

              #36
              Originally posted by UteStar View Post
              Chuck was a letdown this week. The story was bad, the situations were too silly. Chuck is usually terrific at staying right on the line of silly, intense and interesting...but it was too silly this week. They also ruined a great chance with Dolph Lundgren. How on earth they squandered Dolph, I have no idea. Who wants to see Dolph just shoot a gun a couple of times and get knocked out by a kick? Ridiculous.

              Huge Chuck fan, but I am hoping that this is not a sign of things to come this year.
              Totally agree. Hope they pick it up soon, cuz that was disappointing on many levels.

              Anyone else watch the pilot for Raising Hope? I didn't intend to, but sort of started watching after Glee just to see what it was all about. And I then I just sort of couldn't stop watching. And then the diaper scene happened and I was hooked. Don't know if it will maintain or not, but it was pretty funny, potentially some good characters.

              Then we started watching Running Wilde and got incredibly bored fast.

              Comment

              • Jacob
                Junior Member
                • Oct 2009
                • 6801

                #37
                Originally posted by UteStar View Post
                Chuck was a letdown this week. The story was bad, the situations were too silly. Chuck is usually terrific at staying right on the line of silly, intense and interesting...but it was too silly this week. They also ruined a great chance with Dolph Lundgren. How on earth they squandered Dolph, I have no idea. Who wants to see Dolph just shoot a gun a couple of times and get knocked out by a kick? Ridiculous.

                Huge Chuck fan, but I am hoping that this is not a sign of things to come this year.
                Dolph got knocked out by Sara with a single punch in his first scene. That really bugged me.

                Comment

                • OhioBlue
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 1129

                  #38
                  Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                  Dolph got knocked out by Sara with a single punch in his first scene. That really bugged me.
                  Loved the 'I must break you' though from Dolph. That got an out-loud laugh.

                  Comment

                  • cougjunkie
                    *Banned*
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 23223

                    #39
                    The League started off solid.

                    Hawaii Five-0 was pretty good, exactly what you would expect a little cheesy, lots of action, total man show. Reminds me of the new A-team movie.
                    *Banned*

                    Comment

                    • SoCalCoug
                      Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 5214

                      #40
                      My thoughts so far:

                      Pleasantly surprised by The Event. This was my most anticipated new show anyway, and I thought it was really good. I think it definitely has potential. My wife hates the lady on it (the one who had the crutches on ER), but I like Blair Underwood (who's on my "If I Were Gay" list).

                      Started to watch Chase but could only last 15 minutes. I thought the writing was horrible and the acting was cheesy.

                      I wasn't going to watch Lone Star, because the previews looked stupid to me. But after the recommendations here, I convinced my wife to watch it on On Demand, and I actually thought it was pretty good. It looks like a very good cast (I told my wife Jon Voight would scare the crap out of me in real life), and although I don't know how they can build an entire series on the premise, I'm planning on giving it a few more episodes.

                      I loved the Chuck season premiere, in all its cheesiness. It is what it is, and that's why I love it. I hope Olivia Munn at least gets a recurring role, and it could have used more of Sarah in less clothes, but Dolph Lungren's "I must break you" made the show for me.

                      I missed Running Wilde. I'll have to catch it on On Demand. I love Will Arnett, but my wife doesn't like Arrested Development or 30 Rock, so my chances of getting her interested in another comedy with Will Arnett seem to be pretty slim.

                      I record Two and a Half Men and watched it last night. Several laugh out loud moments for me. It's great that Charlie Sheen gets to play himself on a show.

                      That's all I watched so far.
                      If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

                      "Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

                      "Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

                      Comment

                      • Green Lantern
                        Has overcome great fear
                        • Aug 2009
                        • 2289

                        #41
                        Originally posted by OhioBlue View Post
                        Anyone else watch the pilot for Raising Hope? I didn't intend to, but sort of started watching after Glee just to see what it was all about. And I then I just sort of couldn't stop watching. And then the diaper scene happened and I was hooked. Don't know if it will maintain or not, but it was pretty funny, potentially some good characters. .
                        Not sure about this one. I like Garret Dillahunt, who played the dad, but the whole thing had a "look at these rubes" vibe, like it was making fun of its characters too much. I'm willing to give it another shot to see if it actually wants us to laugh with these people, rather than at them, but I'm a little skeptical.
                        Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

                        None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

                        I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

                        --Portland Ute

                        Comment

                        • MarkGrace
                          Grooveshark dick tease
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 31546

                          #42
                          I wasn't going to watch Lone Star, because the previews looked stupid to me. But after the recommendations here, I convinced my wife to watch it on On Demand, and I actually thought it was pretty good. It looks like a very good cast (I told my wife Jon Voight would scare the crap out of me in real life), and although I don't know how they can build an entire series on the premise, I'm planning on giving it a few more episodes.
                          This is pretty much what everyone who saw the pilot said.
                          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                          Comment

                          • CJF
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 8497

                            #43
                            When and where is Running Wilde on? I need to get it programmed the DVR.
                            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

                            Comment

                            • UtahDan
                              *
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 14496

                              #44
                              So far I have watched The Event and Hawaii Five-0 and surprisingly really liked both. Also saw the season premier of Glee which I liked. Still really like Sons of Anarchy as well.

                              Comment

                              • LiveCoug
                                LA Ute loves me
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 18488

                                #45
                                While the Event seemed to blatantly rip off the style of Lost and Flash Forward, I quite enjoyed it. I hope it will stick around.

                                Comment

                                Working...