No announcement yet.

So, PS3 worth it if you have a Xbox360?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, PS3 worth it if you have a Xbox360?

So I am looking at getting a PS3, those with it, are there enough good games that are exclusive to PS3 that makes it worth getting it.

http://kotaku.com/5559983/should-you...-playstation-3

I remember seeing this article a few days ago, figured it might help with your decision.

Comment

I had an Xbox and it died. Got a PS3 and am hooked on MLB the Show.
      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

I guess it may depend on what you are planning to use it for...

My kids have Xbox 360 that they paid for with their own money. (Of course, I play on it when they are not around.) I bought a PS3 because at the time it was the best blu-ray player on the market. I also use it for video streaming, etc. I still don't own any games for it, however.

I am wondering are there any must have games for the PS3 (only) that my kids haven't blown their hard earned, life guarding money on already to buy for their xbox 360?
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
          I had an Xbox and it died. Got a PS3 and am hooked on MLB the Show.
          Ditto on MLB. That game, plus the Blu-Ray functionality makes the PS3 easily worth it for me.
          Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

If you want a blu-ray player get the PS3, but if you are looking to get a console for the use of gaming and more specifically online multiplayer games get the Xbox 360. Gaming on the PSN is difficult in the fields that its hard to connect to a game, hard to get a party together in a game, cross-game chating is difficult and then the competition online does not compare on the PSN to the Xbox.
            I own a 360 and have for years. My sister-in-law owns a PS3 and I have put hours into gaming on that console as well and prefer the 360.

Comment

Originally posted by FlynHawaiian30 View Post
              If you want a blu-ray player get the PS3, but if you are looking to get a console for the use of gaming and more specifically online multiplayer games get the Xbox 360. Gaming on the PSN is difficult in the fields that its hard to connect to a game, hard to get a party together in a game, cross-game chating is difficult and then the competition online does not compare on the PSN to the Xbox.
              I own a 360 and have for years. My sister-in-law owns a PS3 and I have put hours into gaming on that console as well and prefer the 360.
              He's got an xbox already. This is a supplemental purchase.

I bought a PS3 from someone on craigslist for $180. For me that was worth it. I use it mainly for the blu-ray and for streaming video from my pc, but I've started playing some games on it too. I hate the controller, but that's probably just a personal issue.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post

I bought a PS3 from someone on craigslist for $180. For me that was worth it. I use it mainly for the blu-ray and for streaming video from my pc, but I've started playing some games on it too. I hate the controller, but that's probably just a personal issue.
                Is the video streaming in any way superior to that of the xbox?

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post

If he already owns a blu-rayer player and has an xbox then the PS3 is not needed. Stick with the xbox. If you do not have a blu-ray player there are plenty players better than the PS3 for the same price just shop around.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                    Is the video streaming in any way superior to that of the xbox?
                    Yes, I think it is. It seems to support more formats (I've tried streaming the same videos on both consoles, and not all of them work on the xbox). I also think the interface is also superior to the xbox. Its easier to get to your videos and get them started.

I'm not sure about the "quality" of the streamed videos though. I can't say whether the PS3's quality is superior to the xbox's.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Anyone used the move?

I know kinect is coming out for xbox but the move will have blu ray games which looks to be unbelievable.
                      Last edited by Mormon Red Death; 09-16-2010, 01:03 PM.
                      "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                        Anyone used the move?

I know kinect is coming out for xbox but the move will have blu ray games which looks to be unbelievable.
                        A certain poster found a few move controllers when he was helping to move a sister in his ward.
                        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Anyone used the move?

I hadn't previously heard of this.
                          "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
                          —Abraham Maslow

Comment

Email I received yesterday.

Good news! You no longer need the instant streaming disc.

Dear Mormon Red Death,

You no longer need the instant streaming disc to instantly watch with your PS3™ system.
                            PS3 and TV
                            To watch instantly via your PS3 without the disc:

1) Go to the PlayStation® Network section of the main menu.
                            2) Simply install Netflix from the "What's New" area.

That's it. There's no need to send the disc back to Netflix.

Enjoy!

–Your friends at Netflix
                            "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Email I received yesterday.
                              Not only do you not need the disc, the app is WAY better. Much easier navigation, surround sound and 1080p. When I got my 360 I was really impressed with the netflix app, but with the new one for ps3 I doubt I'll ever use netflix for 360 ever again.

Comment

Working...
                              X