No announcement yet.

The Killing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone watch? My buddy recorded it for me last night and I'll be waching sometime this week.

A few deets about our female lead in the show:

Mireille Enos was born to an American father and French mother who met while her father was serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She is the fourth of five children and grew up in Houston, Texas, where, following in her older siblings footsteps, she attended The High School for the Performing and Visual Arts. She then went to Brigham Young University. She spent ten years living in New York City during which time she was nominated for a Tony Award for her portrayal of Honey in Edward Albee's Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf. She is now married to actor Alan Ruck.
    Her husband is of course Cameron from Ferris Beuller.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

I have it on the DVR. I will watch it this evening.

Comment

Will it replay? I was out of town and forgot to set my DVR.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          Will it replay? I was out of town and forgot to set my DVR.
          Thursday night... couple showings.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
            Thursday night... couple showings.
            Nice. Thanks.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
              Anyone watch? My buddy recorded it for me last night and I'll be waching sometime this week.

A few deets about our female lead in the show:

Her husband is of course Cameron from Ferris Beuller.
              I watched the pilot last night and I felt like the series has been grossly overrated. A few good dramatic moments, but slow pacing and little suspense. I will give it another week or two and see if things pick up.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Watched both premier episodes and really liked it. AMC appears to be bringing the hotness yet again. Maybe I'm just easily impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  I watched the pilot last night and I felt like the series has been grossly overrated. A few good dramatic moments, but slow pacing and little suspense. I will give it another week or two and see if things pick up.
                  Agreed. I don't think I can give it another week.

Comment

It was a pretty slow two episodes. With that said, I liked how they built up the characters. We have gotten to know the parents, the detectives, the friends. Not much 'excitement' happened...but I think they have set it up pretty nicely. I will be curious if the next few episodes are all set ups as well or if it starts picking up. I like it quite a bit, but I can see others want 'more' of things.

Comment

Two episodes? I thought the pilot was just this past sunday... was there another episode?

Comment

Just finished the first two episodes. I really liked it. I enjoyed the pacing and the emotional build-up. The end of the first episode really worked for me. I am really looking forward to the rest of the series.

I really liked Walking Dead and so far I enjoy The Killing more. This opinion is subject to change based on how the rest of the series goes.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                          Two episodes? I thought the pilot was just this past sunday... was there another episode?
                          Yeah, the first two episodes aired on Sunday.
                          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Hardtospell View Post
                            Just finished the first two episodes. I really liked it. I enjoyed the pacing and the emotional build-up. The end of the first episode really worked for me. I am really looking forward to the rest of the series.

I really liked Walking Dead and so far I enjoy The Killing more. This opinion is subject to change based on how the rest of the series goes.
                            I thought the first episode the Walking Dead was fabulous.

As for The Killing, sometimes a good series takes a while to develop the characters and build up the plot. It certainly has potential.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I thought the first episode the Walking Dead was fabulous.

As for The Killing, sometimes a good series takes a while to develop the characters and build up the plot. It certainly has potential.
                              I agree. I hope they can continue to develop the characters and build the suspense/curiosity. The cage piece of the plot really piqued my curiosity.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                                Yeah, the first two episodes aired on Sunday.

Ok.. I am recording the pilot on Thursday night. It's 2 hours in length. So it's really actually broken into two episodes?

Comment

Working...
                                X