The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    70 video game deaths in 3 minutes set to an 8-but remix of Mad World.

Brings back a lot of memories. What was the name of that car driving game in the video...the couple crashes the red car and they both go flying out of it?

[YOUTUBE]gJ6APKIjFQY[/YOUTUBE]
    Cool. Have to admit that there's a few that looked only vaguely familiar, and a few that I didn't recognize at all.

Also, I've got the song stuck in my head now.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

I loved paperboy. Right up there with 720º as where I spent most of my money in the Starcade in Tomorrowland (back when they used both stories for games. Man I loved that place.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        Space Harrier.
        Nice. You know your vids.

Here is one that is possibly the most realistic video game of all time

[YOUTUBE]SEVU-YLpM8A[/YOUTUBE]
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
          I loved paperboy. Right up there with 720º as where I spent most of my money in the Starcade in Tomorrowland (back when they used both stories for games. Man I loved that place.
          I played Paperboy on my phone the other night through a NES emulator I have. Nothing beats the handlebar controllers though at the arcade. 720˚ was awesome but I wasted a lot of quarters trying to figure out that damn joystick. I also loved Skate or Die when that hit NES.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Space Ghost
            I do some console gaming with the kids, but mostly kids stuff (Lego series, PSN titles, Rock Band, etc).

cheers.
            Kids stuff?

Rock Band is KIDS STUFF?

A duel, sir, a DUEL!
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Ghost

Did any of you see the trailer for "Dead Island", which was released in early March (the trailer... not the game):

Spoiler for Dead Island game trailer... not for the faint of heart:
              [YOUTUBE]lZqrG1bdGtg[/YOUTUBE]

(FYI... the music is original and was composed specifically for the Dead Island trailer.)

About the game itself... from the blurb on the Dead Island website:
              That trailer bummed me out.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                Kids stuff?

Rock Band is KIDS STUFF?

A duel, sir, a DUEL!
                May I be your second? It would be an honor.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  May I be your second? It would be an honor.
                  I accept your offer with pleasure. May we soon root out this scandalous thinking from the rascal Space Ghost.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    70 video game deaths in 3 minutes set to an 8-but remix of Mad World.

Brings back a lot of memories. What was the name of that car driving game in the video...the couple crashes the red car and they both go flying out of it?

[YOUTUBE]gJ6APKIjFQY[/YOUTUBE]
                    Pole Position by Atari. Great game.
                    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Ghost

Creek... before I respond, you must answer (truthfully) this one question...

When not in use, do your Rock Band guitars function as wall art?

cheers.
                      Hah. Actually, and this is truthful, I turned my family room wet bar into a guitar storage closet. I keep the rock band guitars in there. I have my Washburn and Alvarez classical on the wall for a combination of wall art and E-Z access.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Battlefield 3 graphics look incredible. Who knows if the multiplayer platform has improved, but if it has, holy cow!

OH YEAH, LOTS OF NSFANYWHERE LANGUAGE. SORRY!!!

[YOUTUBE]2zw8SmsovJc?hd=1[/YOUTUBE]
                        Last edited by Coach McGuirk; 04-16-2011, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                          Battlefield 3 graphics look incredible. Who knows if the multiplayer platform has improved, but if it has, holy cow!

[YOUTUBE]2zw8SmsovJc?hd=1[/YOUTUBE]
                          That looks incredible.
                          I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Anyone else pick up Portal 2? I got it off steam last night but am only through the tutorial levels. So far it looks good good voice acting and still funny in a portal sort of way.

[YOUTUBE]wX9Sc88qreg[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                              Anyone else pick up Portal 2? I got it off steam last night but am only through the tutorial levels. So far it looks good good voice acting and still funny in a portal sort of way.

[YOUTUBE]wX9Sc88qreg[/YOUTUBE]
                              I really want it. Still debating whether to get it for PC or Xbox. The co-op with my son on the xbox would be really fun and supposed to be better than the single player campaign.

Comment

• We bought Wii Lego Batman for my daughter for Easter. I guess she played it recently at a birthday party and has been talking about it ever since. I'll admit, I think I'm as excited as she is to play it.

Are any of the other Lego games fun? I noticed Star Wars and Indiana Jones 1 and 2 are both available for pretty cheap. The Star Wars looks to be a different one than I've played with my nephews on GameCube a few times.
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X