No announcement yet.

The "last movie I saw" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How was Daniel Bruhl in that movie? I adore him.

Comment

• Wild - About what I expected. Kind of long and boring with no real climax. Probably not the genre of movies that work for me right now. It did make me want to go hiking and I think the PCT would be a fun one to do at some point in my life. I'm sure MJ would be up for it if we ever got the opportunity.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• The "last movie I saw" thread

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
        How was Daniel Bruhl in that movie? I adore him.
        I had to look the name up to figure out who he was.

He was good but his character was a little too pure. He was such a nice and good guy that I kept expecting some interesting twist involving his character but it never came.

And I got the name wrong before. It is woman in gold, not lady in gold.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          Wild - About what I expected. Kind of long and boring with no real climax. Probably not the genre of movies that work for me right now. It did make me want to go hiking and I think the PCT would be a fun one to do at some point in my life. I'm sure MJ would be up for it if we ever got the opportunity.
          I so wanted the main character to die, she was so obnoxious. I am not separating the book from the movie here.

That is cool that your your wife would be up for that, I just got permits last night for my wife to do the JMT. She couldn't get permits from Yosemite or Whitney, so we are adding on 25 miles and starting a bit further south. Wish I was going along instead of just being the food resupply guy.

Comment

• Furious 7 - smh
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Furious 7 - smh
              Its almost like you've never seen or even heard of the first 6 movies.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                Or that the 7 in Furious 7 means its... part 7 of a series. smh
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I haven't seen it, and wouldn't go on pain of death, but despite receiving a 0% (not sure I've seen that before) Rotten Tomatoes rating, Paul Blart Mall Cop 2 took in nearly $25 Million over the weekend. Regretfully, I've seen the trailer multiple times and it's hard to imagine someone saying, "Oooh, that looks good; I'm there...."

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                    I haven't seen it, and wouldn't go on pain of death, but despite receiving a 0% (not sure I've seen that before) Rotten Tomatoes rating, Paul Blart Mall Cop 2 took in nearly $25 Million over the weekend. Regretfully, I've seen the trailer multiple times and it's hard to imagine someone saying, "Oooh, that looks good; I'm there...."
                    Yep I've been keeping tabs on that 0% rating too and waiting for a couple of positive reviews to trickle in.

I've gotta admit that if it stays at 0% then I will watch it eventually just out of curiosity and to say I saw pretty much the all-time worst movie ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      I've seen half of them. Maybe the experience was screwed up because MJ was sitting next to me and she couldn't control her laughing.

Comment

• 0% is impressive. We have the "Meet the Mormons" rule at my house. It's like the Mendoza line. if a movie's rating falls below meet the mormons' (which was at 11% last time I checked) we do not go to that movie.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I've seen half of them. Maybe the experience was screwed up because MJ was sitting next to me and she couldn't control her laughing.
                          And they are laughing all the way to the bank...

This weekend, it was threepeat time for the action juggernaut Furious 7 which came into the weekend smashing the $1 billion global mark and still ruling multiplexes worldwide. Gravity-defying in terms of both stunts and box office, the Vin Diesel-Paul Walker pic grossed an estimated $29M domestically, falling by an understandable 51% in its third round, and vaulted its cume to a staggering $294.4M. Universal should find its way to $350M or more from North America.

Overseas is where Furious 7 is truly demolishing records. This weekend saw an eye-popping $167.9M of sales including $93.3M from its first full weekend in China. The international total soared to $858.3M putting the worldwide haul at an unbelievable $1.15 billion with much more to go. It is the highest-grossing film in the studio's history. China has reached a stunning $250.5M in only eight days of play and is on course to beat Transformers: Age of Extinction by next weekend to become the top-grossing American film ever in that market.

Furious 7 now sits at number 7 on the list of all-time global blockbusters and will quickly speed past Iron Man 3, Frozen, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, and The Avengers to rank third behind just Avatar and Titanic. This was never expected to be possible, showing once again how unpredictable moviegoing can be. The only challenger Furious 7 will face in the weeks ahead will be the much-anticipated Avengers: Age of Ultron, which opens in many international markets this Wednesday, hoping to eventually reach or exceed the heights of its 2012 predecessor. The Marvel superheroes do not invade China until May 12 so the speed racers still have a clear road ahead there for three full weeks.
                          [...]
                          http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/furi...top_1_billion/
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• How did the Paul Walker CGI look?

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                              I haven't seen it, and wouldn't go on pain of death, but despite receiving a 0% (not sure I've seen that before) Rotten Tomatoes rating, Paul Blart Mall Cop 2 took in nearly $25 Million over the weekend. Regretfully, I've seen the trailer multiple times and it's hard to imagine someone saying, "Oooh, that looks good; I'm there...."
                              I can't picture a scenario that would have me seeing this movie. I told a friend that I wouldn't go to it for $100.
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                                I can't picture a scenario that would have me seeing this movie. I told a friend that I wouldn't go to it for $100.
                                How about $200, all in two-dollar bills?
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X