Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
    This image accurately conveys my BYU fandom at the moment
    If this is your way of telling everyone that you now cheer for the Utes, sorry, the bandwagon is full.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
      Here's the same scene but just a single capture. In a single capture, I have to capture the scene as darker than actual because otherwise the sun blows out everything. Still can make for a dramatic photograph. The HDR above is a blend of 5 images and therefore better matches the original scene. The single capture is sharper since the HDR image is a blend of 5 images captured hand-held.

As a reminder, a full screen browser will allow these images to be seen at their best, otherwise you've got in browser resizing going on which is always messy.
      Shouldnt we see 5 solar flares? I only count 2, but since you're looking directly into the sun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
        If this is your way of telling everyone that you now cheer for the Utes, sorry, the bandwagon is full.
        I know you wish it so so bad, but no smackjack, I am still a diehard BYU fan, it's just I'm a little burned out in my enthusiasm at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
          Shouldnt we see 5 solar flares? I only count 2, but since you're looking directly into the sun...
          Not sure exactly what that question means? The number of flares in the HDR composite versus the single frame?

Comment

• Was out at Steigerwald Lake refuge with #3 who will enter some photos from there in a contest for 12 to 18 year olds. A few from that shoot.

Comment

Was out at Steigerwald Lake refuge with #3 who will enter some photos from there in a contest for 12 to 18 year olds. A few from that shoot.

Really like the last one. It has an impressionist painters feel to it: lovely

Comment

• One more from the refuge, though this is 400mm shooting into Oregon across the river.

Comment

• Spring has finally arrived here. Went up north for the day and got some good shots:

Comment

• I don't often do flowers, but the Camas lilies are out, so I took the short hike. (though some of these are not lilies) (and I haven't looked through all of them yet)

Comment

• #3 wanted a few spring shots to add to the Senior portfolio

Comment

• Finally got around to ordering a print; look what arrived today:

printarrived.jpg

Comment

Finally got around to ordering a print; look what arrived today:

[ATTACH]8791[/ATTACH]
                          Hopefully you pulled the full resolution option from my website. I still haven't printed this one, though I keep wanting to. Where did you have it printed?

Comment

Hopefully you pulled the full resolution option from my website. I still haven't printed this one, though I keep wanting to. Where did you have it printed?
                            I ordered it from your site via SmugMug. I assume you received a portion of the payment: artists should be paid for their art. I'm looking forward to framing it (will likely do it myself) and hanging it somewhere in my home.

Comment

I ordered it from your site via SmugMug. I assume you received a portion of the payment: artists should be paid for their art. I'm looking forward to framing it (will likely do it myself) and hanging it somewhere in my home.
                              I don't have an account there that makes me a recipient of shared receipts, that's the next tier I believe. I've offered here before to provide high resolution copies upon request, nothing has changed. This is a hobby for me. I do shoot occasional portraits or events, and I may expand that in the future. I'm hesitant to make a change to monetizing a hobby. I'm honored that you chose something I produced.

Comment

• A couple more of #3.

Comment

Working...
                                X