No announcement yet.

Official Photography Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like the yellow bird with the blue hat.

He is staring into my soul.

Comment

• 20240511_001236.jpg 20240511_002230.jpg 20240511_001216.jpg

Great northern lights last night. Heard that wouldn't be visible this far south, so went towards Malad. Didn't see anything there so went to the first exit after the pass and got treated to a show.

I found out this morning that people saw them down in Utah Valley. It was still a fun trip with a couple of the kids.
      “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post
        20240511_001236.jpg 20240511_002230.jpg 20240511_001216.jpg

Great northern lights last night. Heard that wouldn't be visible this far south, so went towards Malad. Didn't see anything there so went to the first exit after the pass and got treated to a show.

I found out this morning that people saw them down in Utah Valley. It was still a fun trip with a couple of the kids.
        Awesome. I was asleep, I'll be kicking myself for a while that I was paying attention.

Comment

• I went out Saturday night away from light pollution, but it didn't reach far enough south.

I was reminded that there are a *lot* of stars.

Comment

• I miss the stars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
              I miss the stars.
              I have lots of stars. See the milky way every night from my front lawn.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

I have lots of stars. See the milky way every night from my front lawn.
                Yeah, and I'm totally jealous.

I have fond memories as a kid in the summertime at Yosemite, laying on the granite rocks at Tamarack Flat and looking at the stars. The granite soaked up the heat from the sun all day. Laying on warm rock in the cool evening air was pleasant.

Comment

• Seems like there's a lot more light and other pollution in the Treasure Valley than there was here when I was growing up. Can't see nearly as many stars at night.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                  X