Facebook Dilemma:

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sleeping in EQ
    Philosopher of Men
    • Nov 2008
    • 4188

    #1

    Facebook Dilemma:

    Do you have a policy about adding old girlfriends/boyfriends to your Facebook?

    A girlfriend from 20 years ago has "found" me.
    We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
  • Babs
    Not a Lawyer
    • Nov 2008
    • 17128

    #2
    This is why I don't have an account. I know that's super presumptuous and egocentric of me, but that shouldn't surprise anyone.

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #3
      Originally posted by Babs View Post
      This is why I don't have an account. I know that's super presumptuous and egocentric of me, but that shouldn't surprise anyone.
      ditto. my facebook policy: don't use it. It is on an inevitable trip to the myspace graveyard, anyway.

      pretty soon people are going to wake up, look at their lists of long-lost contacts and old HS acquaintances and ask themselves, "why the hell do I care what some of these people are doing at any given time in the day?"
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • New Mexican Disaster
        Suomalainen
        • Nov 2008
        • 4549

        #4
        They are all my friends. They can see how fat and bald I have gotten, to go along with my unappealing personality. So, I guess the idea of a spark kindling doesn't really come up.

        Comment

        • Slim
          Straight Out the Trailer
          • Jul 2009
          • 1007

          #5
          Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
          Do you have a policy about adding old girlfriends/boyfriends to your Facebook?

          A girlfriend from 20 years ago has "found" me.
          I've got a few of my Xs on there. They are all moms and live in different states. Also my wife has access to all my online logins and frequents my posts and stuff all the time (I never log out and so that stuff is going to be on the screen when she sits down anyway even if she didn't know my passwords which she does).

          Comment

          • Surfah
            Where's Wallace?
            • Nov 2008
            • 33726

            #6
            I haven't added any of mine. Gidget had all of hers (that had Facebook accounts) until one in particular started posting some inappropriate things like "if things don't workout you can move here." And trust me that was the most benign thing he said. After that she deleted all of hers.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

            Comment

            • Pheidippides
              Liberal Feminazi
              • Nov 2008
              • 14759

              #7
              As I'm pretty sure I'm on the short list for approval when polygamy comes back, I have been sure to add all of mine.
              Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

              Comment

              • falafel
                loves to talk on things
                • Mar 2009
                • 37974

                #8
                I haven't added any old girlfriends. I haven't really added anyone, actually. I just wait for people to add me. I was added my one of my old girlfriend's husbands, who I was never really friends with. Strange.

                EDIT: her husband - she only has one.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                Dig your own grave, and save!

                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • cougjunkie
                  *Banned*
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 23223

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  I haven't added any of mine. Gidget had all of hers (that had Facebook accounts) until one in particular started posting some inappropriate things like "if things don't workout you can move here." And trust me that was the most benign thing he said. After that she deleted all of hers.
                  My wife added one who she had not seen in 10 years. Everytime she would post something he would comment, it was completely excessive, also everytime she would log in he would start chatting with her. We were waiting for an email from her sister one day, so I jumped in my wifes yahoo account and he had sent her an email with his phone number asking if she wanted to go to lunch. This concerned me a bit but I obviously turst my wife, about a week later he sent her a private message on facebook asking questions that you dont ask someone who is married. She deleted him after that, and he sent her a private message saying he was sorry and almost begging for her to re-add him, he said that what he said was taken out of context (which is bullshit).

                  I copied the message he sent her and sent it to his girlfriend of 5 years. He has not sent my wife anything since.
                  *Banned*

                  Comment

                  • wuapinmon
                    Soul Plumber
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 30711

                    #10
                    I got Mrs. wuapinmon's approval for one of them. The other one is my optometrist and Mrs. wuapinmon likes her.
                    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                    Comment

                    • falafel
                      loves to talk on things
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 37974

                      #11
                      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      My wife added one who she had not seen in 10 years. Everytime she would post something he would comment, it was completely excessive, also everytime she would log in he would start chatting with her. We were waiting for an email from her sister one day, so I jumped in my wifes yahoo account and he had sent her an email with his phone number asking if she wanted to go to lunch. This concerned me a bit but I obviously turst my wife, about a week later he sent her a private message on facebook asking questions that you dont ask someone who is married. She deleted him after that, and he sent her a private message saying he was sorry and almost begging for her to re-add him, he said that what he said was taken out of context (which is bullshit).

                      I copied the message he sent her and sent it to his girlfriend of 5 years. He has not sent my wife anything since.
                      That's awesome. Unfortunately, there are a lot of these types of stories.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                      Dig your own grave, and save!

                      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • pellegrino
                        miserere me
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 12100

                        #12
                        It was always extremes with me. I was either really good friends with girls I dated and we hung out in group settings afterward or when it ended it was clear neither of us would ever see each other again. So far those two extremes have held up.

                        My wife knows the only woman besides her that I was ever serious with and they like each other (at least my wife likes her, I'm not so sure the ex reciprocates). She lives in Italy and we communicate through snail mail because she has no interest in the internet. I think I'm safe.
                        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                        Alessandro Manzoni

                        Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                        pelagius

                        Comment

                        • Surfah
                          Where's Wallace?
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 33726

                          #13
                          Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                          I copied the message he sent her and sent it to his girlfriend of 5 years. He has not sent my wife anything since.
                          Awesome. Yeah this guy had something fierce for Gidget still IMO. Gidget said he had a girlfriend though. But he would call Gidget babe in every message and chat. Then he posted this Ne-Yo song:

                          [YOUTUBE]e4MDv5qrTkg[/YOUTUBE]

                          Opening verse lyrics:

                          Maybe this decision was a mistake.
                          You probably don't care what I have to say.
                          But it's been heavy on my mind for months now.
                          Guess I'm trying to clear some mental space.
                          I would love to talk to you in person.
                          But I understand why that can't be.
                          I'll leave you alone for good I promise.
                          If you answer this one question for me.

                          I just wonder,
                          Do you ever,
                          Think of me,
                          Anymore, do you?



                          That's when I said he had to go.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • cougjunkie
                            *Banned*
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 23223

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                            Awesome. Yeah this guy had something fierce for Gidget still IMO. Gidget said he had a girlfriend though. But he would call Gidget babe in every message and chat. Then he posted this Ne-Yo song:

                            [YOUTUBE]e4MDv5qrTkg[/YOUTUBE]

                            Opening verse lyrics:

                            Maybe this decision was a mistake.
                            You probably don't care what I have to say.
                            But it's been heavy on my mind for months now.
                            Guess I'm trying to clear some mental space.
                            I would love to talk to you in person.
                            But I understand why that can't be.
                            I'll leave you alone for good I promise.
                            If you answer this one question for me.

                            I just wonder,
                            Do you ever,
                            Think of me,
                            Anymore, do you?



                            That's when I said he had to go.
                            Wow I would have done the same thing. This kid was chatting with my wife one day, and he made a comment about when they used to date, and she said well "cougjunkie" is the lucky one now. Or something like that talking about me. 3 weeks later he sends her a message that asking about hooking up 10 years ago and what his chances were and then says "because the other day we were kind of talking about sex and stuff". I read the messages and there was nothing about sex, hooking up, etc. Total tool bag trying to see what he could get away with and feel her out.

                            I guess he lives in Lehi too, I have a feeling if I ever run in to him I will have a hard time not beating his ass.
                            *Banned*

                            Comment

                            • il Padrino Ute
                              Junior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 19161

                              #15
                              The only ex-girlfriend that I ever cared about is now my wife's visiting teaching partner.
                              "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                              "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                              Comment

                              Working...