Regrets

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RC Vikings
    Known Heterosexual
    • Nov 2008
    • 8789

    #1

    Regrets

    While going to school in Boise one of my friends tried to get me to see a band that was coming through town on their way to Portland. I guess the band had an extra day and they wanted to play somewhere so they decided to stop in Boise and play at a bar that held a couple of hundred people. I turned him down. The band was REM.
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #2
    conversely, when I was in undergrad, a friend of mine talked me into making the drive from Provo to see a band that was coming through, but playing at some bizarre location in Ogden or thereabouts. I wasn't planning on going because I didn't have a lot of extra cash, but since I liked the band, I decided to make the trek.

    The band was Nirvana.

    Nirvana wound up playing around 10 more US concert dates after that Utah date. Kurt took his life a few months later.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69718

      #3
      TD wins.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • Pheidippides
        Liberal Feminazi
        • Nov 2008
        • 14759

        #4
        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        TD wins.
        I saw Paula Abdul live in concert. I was 11 or so. I went with my dad and my aunt.

        I'm pretty sure you can't have a bigger regret than that. I have been so traumatized that I have literally never been to another live large concert.
        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

        Comment

        • landpoke
          Never once baby snatched
          • Nov 2008
          • 4183

          #5
          I have a few, but the biggest involve being a gentleman when, in retrospect, being a gentleman was neither required nor desired by the object of my chilvary
          There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

          Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

          Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
          Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
          …
          Tomorrow is Saturday
          And Sunday comes afterwards

          Comment

          • MarkGrace
            Grooveshark dick tease
            • Dec 2008
            • 31546

            #6
            How does DDD win? This thread is about regrets!
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

            Comment

            • Pheidippides
              Liberal Feminazi
              • Nov 2008
              • 14759

              #7
              On a more serious note, I don't have any now. I have learned to let things go. If I had not have learned that, I would have driven myself crazy by now.
              Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69718

                #8
                Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                How does DDD win? This thread is about regrets!
                Oops. You are right. I didn't read his post carefully.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • Color Me Badd Fan
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 12519

                  #9
                  Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                  While going to school in Boise one of my friends tried to get me to see a band that was coming through town on their way to Portland. I guess the band had an extra day and they wanted to play somewhere so they decided to stop in Boise and play at a bar that held a couple of hundred people. I turned him down. The band was REM.
                  While going to school in Provo, one of my friends tried to get me to see a band that seemed to always be in town and on their way to nowhere. I guess the band had an extra day or a hundred and they wanted to play somewhere so they went to Liberty Chode and decided to play in the center quad that held a few dozen people. I turned him down. The band was Jericho Road.
                  Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                  Comment

                  • falafel
                    loves to talk on things
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 37988

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                    While going to school in Provo, one of my friends tried to get me to see a band that seemed to always be in town and on their way to nowhere. I guess the band had an extra day or a hundred and they wanted to play somewhere so they went to Liberty Chode and decided to play in the center quad that held a few dozen people. I turned him down. The band was Jericho Road.
                    Awesome, you posted this in the regrets thread.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                    Dig your own grave, and save!

                    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • MarkGrace
                      Grooveshark dick tease
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 31546

                      #11
                      I think Nik is winning so far.
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #12
                        Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                        How does DDD win? This thread is about regrets!
                        relax. If you want me to talk about regrets, I can: I've had a few. but then again, too few to mention.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • landpoke
                          Never once baby snatched
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 4183

                          #13
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          relax. If you want me to talk about regrets, I can: I've had a few. but then again, too few to mention.
                          <Cough cough> hack <cough cough>
                          There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

                          Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

                          Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
                          Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
                          …
                          Tomorrow is Saturday
                          And Sunday comes afterwards

                          Comment

                          • il Padrino Ute
                            Junior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 19161

                            #14
                            [YOUTUBE]-bYA6ZXjkow[/YOUTUBE]
                            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                            Comment

                            • RC Vikings
                              Known Heterosexual
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 8789

                              #15
                              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              conversely, when I was in undergrad, a friend of mine talked me into making the drive from Provo to see a band that was coming through, but playing at some bizarre location in Ogden or thereabouts. I wasn't planning on going because I didn't have a lot of extra cash, but since I liked the band, I decided to make the trek.

                              The band was Nirvana.

                              Nirvana wound up playing around 10 more US concert dates after that Utah date. Kurt took his life a few months later.
                              If you're going to make fun of me I'm going to go see what Waters and Arch are doing on CG.

                              Comment

                              Working...