Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FMCoug
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 6825

    #1201
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    My wife purchased three padded envelopes yesterday at the grocery store. They were marked $1.00, $1.25, $1.25.

    teller: That will be $9.
    wife: Uh... That can't be right.
    teller: Oh sorry. It is $6.
    wife: Um... I could be wrong, but when I do it in my head, I get $3.50.
    teller: Oops. Yeah, that's right.
    wife: (hands her a $10 bill)
    teller: (hands my wife back $2 in change)
    wife: OK, I gave you a $10 bill. That is not the correct change.
    teller: (fumbles around and finally gives correct change)

    I paid fit something at a convenience store the other day as follows:

    Total: 3.17

    I didn't have singles or exact coinage but didn't want that much change. So I gave her a $5 bill and a quarter. The confusion and consultation with the other employee as I tried to explain was hilarious.



    Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

    Comment

    • Northwestcoug
      Cocked and Loaded
      • May 2011
      • 18021

      #1202
      I have snow tires mounted on a set of cheap wheels. I just changed them out for my regular tires and wheels. Why does it make me feel like a kid, all giddy like, to get my better-looking wheels back?
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

      Comment

      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
        Time to camp
        • Nov 2008
        • 26082

        #1203
        Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
        I have snow tires mounted on a set of cheap wheels. I just changed them out for my regular tires and wheels. Why does it make me feel like a kid, all giddy like, to get my better-looking wheels back?
        It is more about the ride than the wheels IMO. The first week or so that I have the regular tires on I always really enjoy driving either of our vehicles.

        Also NWC just taking his snowtires off? Baller move, only about 9 weeks after the deadline. Driving around central Oregon giving cops the finger.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

        Comment

        • LA Ute
          Receiver of Memory
          • Nov 2008
          • 19512

          #1204
          I'm enjoying a Diet Barq's root beer right now. I prefer A&W, but this is kind of a nice change.
          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
          ― W.H. Auden


          "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
          -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


          "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
          --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

          Comment

          • Northwestcoug
            Cocked and Loaded
            • May 2011
            • 18021

            #1205
            Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            It is more about the ride than the wheels IMO. The first week or so that I have the regular tires on I always really enjoy driving either of our vehicles.

            Also NWC just taking his snowtires off? Baller move, only about 9 weeks after the deadline. Driving around central Oregon giving cops the finger.
            Lol! I'm not badass enough to drive studded tires past the deadline. Just regular snow tires. I'm not going over the pass enough to justify the studs.

            Yeah, I notice a better ride also. But it actually makes my ride a little noisier, as my regular tires are low profile. It's mostly the look for me.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

            Comment

            • clackamascoug
              Banned
              • Dec 2009
              • 9709

              #1206
              I wonder if I'm a little cooler today because my aunt Sandy went to Pierce Brosnans 59th birthday party, and ended up talking to Barbara Streisand for 30 minutes in Kelli Brosnans walk in closet.

              Nah... I was already cool.

              Comment

              • Indy Coug
                Heartless Bastard
                • Dec 2008
                • 18747

                #1207
                Solvency II really sucks.
                Everything in life is an approximation.

                http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                Comment

                • clackamascoug
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 9709

                  #1208
                  Random Utah Musings.

                  1. - OK... So I've been in Provo for 6 hours, and have seen a dozen people with blue tooth ear pieces. In Oregon, I haven't seen a blue tooth head set for over a year. Is Zion ahead of the curve, or 5 years behind?

                  2. - I find it delightful to hear a full on -Utah Mormon Accent. Brings me back to me youth.

                  3. - I only come to Utah every 3 or 4 years, but when are they going to finish the freeway projects around here? Seems like it's been going on forever.

                  Comment

                  • Jeff Lebowski
                    Corporate lackey for Jesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 69689

                    #1209
                    Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                    Random Utah Musings.

                    1. - OK... So I've been in Provo for 6 hours, and have seen a dozen people with blue tooth ear pieces. In Oregon, I haven't seen a blue tooth head set for over a year. Is Zion ahead of the curve, or 5 years behind?
                    I haven't seen one in ages. They aren't that common.

                    Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                    2. - I find it delightful to hear a full on -Utah Mormon Accent. Brings me back to me youth.

                    3. - I only come to Utah every 3 or 4 years, but when are they going to finish the freeway projects around here? Seems like it's been going on forever.
                    From Orem northward will be finished this year and Orem southward will be finished in 2013. God willing. I am sick of orange barrels.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69689

                      #1210
                      I just did some calculations and I will be home a total of nine days over the next five weeks. What on earth was I thinking?
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • The_Tick
                        Made something of myself
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 7292

                        #1211
                        Don't every volunteer to work on a golf tournament committee.

                        And don't ever allowed most of the stuff to be dumped in your lap with 3 weeks to go. People will be mean to you, and efforts will be unappreciated.

                        Lesson learned.

                        Comment

                        • Utah ma'am am I
                          Junior Member
                          • Jan 2012
                          • 69

                          #1212
                          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          I just did some calculations and I will be home a total of nine days over the next five weeks. What on earth was I thinking?
                          Will this be more of a burden for you or your family? From what I get out of your post, you will have a tougher time.

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69689

                            #1213
                            Originally posted by Utah ma'am am I View Post
                            Will this be more of a burden for you or your family? From what I get out of your post, you will have a tougher time.
                            Combination of work and vacation.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • thesaint258
                              aka Benito Hazard
                              • Jan 2009
                              • 3005

                              #1214
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post



                              From Orem northward will be finished this year and Orem southward will be finished in 2013. God willing. I am sick of orange barrels.
                              They'll just find something new to tear up and greatly inconvenience people.
                              Not that, sickos.

                              Comment

                              • clackamascoug
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2009
                                • 9709

                                #1215
                                It's one am - wife and daughters kicked me out of the room. I talked to the desk clerk and he comped me my own room after hearing the funny story. Well, at least I thought it was funny.

                                Teeing off at 7 am - better get some sleep.

                                Comment

                                Working...