Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wuapinmon
    Soul Plumber
    • Dec 2008
    • 30711

    #91
    I wish I got letters in the mail more often, something worthy of all the awesome letter openers I've inherited lately.
    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

    Comment

    • I.J. Reilly
      Nobody's Fool
      • Apr 2009
      • 2949

      #92
      When I got home from my mission one of my greatest disappointments and surprises was that many of my weekly letters home were sitting on the counter or in a trash bin right next to the counter unopened.

      Comment

      • wuapinmon
        Soul Plumber
        • Dec 2008
        • 30711

        #93
        Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
        When I got home from my mission one of my greatest disappointments and surprises was that many of my weekly letters home were sitting on the counter or in a trash bin right next to the counter unopened.
        Maybe they didn't have any cool letter openers, at least nothing worthy of fine missives like yours (sorry, man, that really sucks).
        "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
        The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

        Comment

        • YOhio
          Hipster Mode
          • Nov 2008
          • 26165

          #94
          In the movies the stereotypical Russian regularly prefaces things by saying, "In my country..."

          Comment

          • Tim
            Not Banned
            • Nov 2008
            • 4390

            #95
            These Cheezits are fantastic!
            Visca Catalunya Lliure

            Comment

            • Pheidippides
              Liberal Feminazi
              • Nov 2008
              • 14759

              #96
              [YOUTUBE]4S3C4AC908w[/YOUTUBE]
              Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

              Comment

              • Indy Coug
                Heartless Bastard
                • Dec 2008
                • 18747

                #97
                How much money does my company really save by turning off the air conditioning over the weekend, only to sweat out their employees each Monday morning?
                Everything in life is an approximation.

                http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                Comment

                • Jeff Lebowski
                  Corporate lackey for Jesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 69687

                  #98
                  Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
                  When I got home from my mission one of my greatest disappointments and surprises was that many of my weekly letters home were sitting on the counter or in a trash bin right next to the counter unopened.
                  ?? I hope you are joking.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment

                  • Katy Lied
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 9435

                    #99
                    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    ?? I hope you are joking.
                    I know; I was a little horrified by this as well.

                    Comment

                    • I.J. Reilly
                      Nobody's Fool
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 2949

                      #100
                      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      ?? I hope you are joking.
                      Nope, not a joke. And it wasn't the most surprising thing I discovered when I returned home. I think I can safely place it in the top 5.

                      Comment

                      • wuapinmon
                        Soul Plumber
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 30711

                        #101
                        Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
                        Nope, not a joke. And it wasn't the most surprising thing I discovered when I returned home. I think I can safely place it in the top 5.

                        Well now you have to share......come on.
                        "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                        The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                        Comment

                        • falafel
                          loves to talk on things
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 37975

                          #102
                          Agreed. Out with it! We'll help you put it all behind you.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                          Dig your own grave, and save!

                          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                          Comment

                          • I.J. Reilly
                            Nobody's Fool
                            • Apr 2009
                            • 2949

                            #103
                            Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Agreed. Out with it! We'll help you put it all behind you.
                            Thanks for the offer. It's all pretty much in the rear view mirror, and I don't really worry about it now. None of it is nearly as comically sad as the letters; it's all just more in the straight up sad realm. It is on this basis that I will keep the info to myself, plus, I don't want to make this thread about me. If anyone really wants to know more about it I would be open to telling a little more in a boardmail.

                            wuap's random thought about wanting to get letters just made me think of the last handwritten letters I did which led me to remember about that. Perhaps that will be one of the things I forget when I get old and have Alzhimers.

                            Comment

                            • falafel
                              loves to talk on things
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 37975

                              #104
                              Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
                              Thanks for the offer. It's all pretty much in the rear view mirror, and I don't really worry about it now. None of it is nearly as comically sad as the letters; it's all just more in the straight up sad realm. It is on this basis that I will keep the info to myself, plus, I don't want to make this thread about me. If anyone really wants to know more about it I would be open to telling a little more in a boardmail.

                              wuap's random thought about wanting to get letters just made me think of the last handwritten letters I did which led me to remember about that. Perhaps that will be one of the things I forget when I get old and have Alzhimers.
                              Okay, I was a bit to eager. Sorry to hear that you had to experience those things, whatever they were.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                              Dig your own grave, and save!

                              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • I.J. Reilly
                                Nobody's Fool
                                • Apr 2009
                                • 2949

                                #105
                                Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                Okay, I was a bit to eager. Sorry to hear that you had to experience those things, whatever they were.
                                Your offer was appreciated. If it was still close it would definitely be helpful to talk it out. As it is, it's been a few years now and things are on the up and up.

                                Now, a new random thought: I can't help but chew on the caps of Bic pens.

                                Comment

                                Working...