Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      I was a huge Far Side fan back in the day, but I think I missed this one long ago that popped up on my FB feed today. Love it.
      I'm not sure I get it.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

I'm not sure I get it.
        You would have to be a Far Side fan...

I own "The Complete Far Side", a two volume set that weighs about 25 pounds. Plus "The PreHistory of the Far Side", that explains how it all started and some of the problems that Gary Larson ran into while doing the comic. It's probably time to dig those out and go through the whole thing again. But some people just don't get the Far Side and probably shouldn't even try. The above Rhino piece is pretty much standard Far Side humor.

Comment

• I laughed!
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
            You would have to be a Far Side fan...

I own "The Complete Far Side", a two volume set that weighs about 25 pounds. Plus "The PreHistory of the Far Side", that explains how it all started and some of the problems that Gary Larson ran into while doing the comic. It's probably time to dig those out and go through the whole thing again. But some people just don't get the Far Side and probably shouldn't even try. The above Rhino piece is pretty much standard Far Side humor.
            I think my parents owned the Complete Far Side as well. I spent plenty of time reading and laughing at the comics. This one just doesn't really strike my funny bone.

This one, on the other hand:

5d60c2e8e60da606c613cb21c097ed94--far-side-cartoons-dog-cartoons.jpg

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I won't argue whether The Far Side is funny--it either appeals or it doesn't and the worst and unfunniest thing one can do is to try to defend why anything is funny. I wonder if The Far Side is simply funnier for the older generations. Testing whether a rhino had cat-like moves and instincts struck me as funny, along with the scientists and clipboards--especially since it was one I hadn't seen before. But there I go explaining--I'm the worst and unfunny.

Comment

I won't argue whether The Far Side is funny--it either appeals or it doesn't and the worst and unfunniest thing one can do is to try to defend why anything is funny. I wonder if The Far Side is simply funnier for the older generations. Testing whether a rhino had cat-like moves and instincts struck me as funny, along with the scientists and clipboards--especially since it was one I hadn't seen before. But there I go explaining--I'm the worst and unfunny.
                I, at least, appreciate the effort. At least I didn't miss the joke on this one.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I won't argue whether The Far Side is funny--it either appeals or it doesn't and the worst and unfunniest thing one can do is to try to defend why anything is funny. I wonder if The Far Side is simply funnier for the older generations. Testing whether a rhino had cat-like moves and instincts struck me as funny, along with the scientists and clipboards--especially since it was one I hadn't seen before. But there I go explaining--I'm the worst and unfunny.
                  I thought it was funny. But then my mind also goes to the place where I wonder how the rope will let go of all 4 legs at the same time. Then comes the self-loathing.

Comment

Good grief you don't need to explain it. Lol @ falafel for not getting it.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post

I thought it was funny. But then my mind also goes to the place where I wonder how the rope will let go of all 4 legs at the same time. Then comes the self-loathing.
                      Is it bad that I found the bolded part funny?
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

I think my parents owned the Complete Far Side as well. I spent plenty of time reading and laughing at the comics. This one just doesn't really strike my funny bone.

This one, on the other hand:

5d60c2e8e60da606c613cb21c097ed94--far-side-cartoons-dog-cartoons.jpg
                        pac got plenty of support for his post (which i also thought was funny), and you deserve applause for this - i agree that it is a classic and very funny.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

• I look great on Microsoft Teams, terrible on Webex or Zoom.
                          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                            I look great on Microsoft Teams, terrible on Webex or Zoom.
                            i've never seen you not look amazing. just being honest. #nohomo
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post

i've never seen you not look amazing. just being honest. #nohomo

Comment

• Exactly what our IP help desk guy said when I stated this observation.
                                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Working...
                                X