Originally posted by swampfrog
View Post
Swampfrog's Oregon Photography Tour
Collapse
X
-
I like your edits. I often push mine too far towards the cool side, and do a little too much sharpening. Of course all of my images once posted on this site have now vanished; I did not like the changes made to flickr and deleted my account. I should find another method of posting images ... maybe this week.
-
Well, don't let me change your artistic vision; I'm but a single voice. However, I do spend a LOT of time in nature, far more than the average person, so maybe I get sensitivity from that. My mother and daughter are artists, so that kind of thing runs in the family, though I've never possessed any creative skill with physical objects. The height of my powers are brightly-colored Day of the Dead altars for the my dead loved ones. My photography skills are not good, and I tend to edit things so much that they look like Mimi from The Drew Carey Show after a shift at Sherwyn-Williams and her latest tanning session.Originally posted by swampfrog View PostInteresting. Most people will prefer the warmer version of most photos. I'll typically go slightly on the warm side for most subjects. You've nailed the adjustments spot on so far.
Leave a comment:
-
Interesting. Most people will prefer the warmer version of most photos. I'll typically go slightly on the warm side for most subjects. You've nailed the adjustments spot on so far.Originally posted by wuapinmon View PostI think I am sensitive to tones. I tend to favor natural-looking work in photography. Which is odd because my favorite art period are the Fauvists, the exact opposite of what I was criticizing in your photos. Some of your choices remind me of Maurice de Vlaminck's work.
Leave a comment:
-
I have to admit that my first thought was to suggest you lower your chroma settings on your monitor.
Leave a comment:
-
I think I am sensitive to tones. I tend to favor natural-looking work in photography. Which is odd because my favorite art period are the Fauvists, the exact opposite of what I was criticizing in your photos. Some of your choices remind me of Maurice de Vlaminck's work.

.jpg)
Leave a comment:
-
Yeah, I added a bit of yellow/orange to some of them. Which is consistent with what I remember from that evening, it was getting towards sunset when we got up to the location we wanted. I added it globally, it might be a bit better just added to the highlights (like the clouds) and leave the shadow areas alone. The dirt ended up a little on the "orange-y" side.
Are you normally this sensitive to tones? Many people would not catch the relatively subtle shifts, especially on uncalibrated screens.
Leave a comment:
-
The lark sparrow shot (the first of the new batch) is my favorite. I felt like some of the light was a little too golden for my liking in the later ones. Like I prefer this one:

to this one:
Leave a comment:
-
-
I think fenced in where these were taken, but IIRC there are some wild groups in the area. I'm the wrong guy to ask, the tour leader probably mentioned it in passing during the tour, but may not have always been paying attention--or just overwhelmed with information. He's a walking encyclopedia.Originally posted by mtnbiker View PostAll nice pics, thanks. Wild horses? Or fenced in?
Leave a comment:














































Leave a comment: