Swampfrog's Oregon Photography Tour

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • swampfrog
    replied














    Leave a comment:


  • Katy Lied
    replied
    My thought exactly: Did Cowboy allow you to camp out in his sheep cabin that he owns but is not allowed to use long term?
    All your pix are gorgeous but the birds-- they are NatGeo level.

    Leave a comment:


  • swampfrog
    replied
















    Leave a comment:


  • swampfrog
    replied
    Originally posted by happyone View Post
    I am in awe!
    Thanks!

    Originally posted by cowboy View Post
    This thread is a CS hall of famer. Maybe the best ever, from my pov. I would love for you to come along with me sometime and take some photos. I live in a stunningly beautiful area, and my pictures don't do it justice.
    Capturing places where people have attached significant meaning is very satisfying. The tour leader had grown up in the state of Oregon doing wildlife studies and other projects from his teen years (in Eastern Oregon especially). Much of capturing a mood/feeling isn't just in the capturing, it's in the post capture manipulation. It's at that point that the photographer is inserting a bit of themselves into the final image. There are many beautiful places in the world. I wish I had the time and resources to see and capture more of them.

    Leave a comment:


  • snowcat
    replied
    Man, I need to get out the freaking office.

    Leave a comment:


  • cowboy
    replied
    This thread is a CS hall of famer. Maybe the best ever, from my pov. I would love for you to come along with me sometime and take some photos. I live in a stunningly beautiful area, and my pictures don't do it justice.

    Leave a comment:


  • happyone
    replied
    I am in awe!

    Leave a comment:


  • swampfrog
    replied


















    Leave a comment:


  • swampfrog
    replied
    Originally posted by happyone View Post
    I really like the pictures of the horses - esp the mother and foal

    Was that Cowboy working with the cattle?
    More horses to come...

    Not unless he moved to Eastern Oregon. This guy did come up to our group and pointed out where there might be some bighorn sheep lambing to photograph, but we never found them.

    Leave a comment:


  • happyone
    replied
    I really like the pictures of the horses - esp the mother and foal

    Was that Cowboy working with the cattle?

    Leave a comment:


  • swampfrog
    replied
















    Leave a comment:


  • swampfrog
    replied
















    Leave a comment:


  • swampfrog
    replied














    Leave a comment:


  • swampfrog
    replied
















    Leave a comment:


  • swampfrog
    replied
    Originally posted by happyone View Post
    Fantastic as usual, Mr. Swamp!
    Thanks.

    Leave a comment:

Working...