Cougarboard Foreskin

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • pellegrino
    miserere me
    • Jan 2009
    • 12100

    #16
    Originally posted by falafel View Post
    You might also want to spare the kid the embarrassment of being mocked his whole life. Adults can understand it, but kids are just mean.
    times are a changin' man. I know a lot of young parents (mormon and not) who have chosen to let their boys remain au naturale. I think I remember a stat that said in most states it was 60/40 in favor of circumcision or even 50/50. I think the national average is around 50/50. I don't think it will be like when we grew up and being uncircumcised was almost unheard of.

    Besides, I haven't made my mind up on the matter, and even if I had, the wife has a say in it and I get the feeling that she is on the snip snip bandwagon.
    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
    Alessandro Manzoni

    Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

    pelagius

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #17
      Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
      times are a changin' man. I know a lot of young parents (mormon and not) who have chosen to let their boys remain au naturale. I think I remember a stat that said in most states it was 60/40 in favor of circumcision or even 50/50. I think the national average is around 50/50. I don't think it will be like when we grew up and being uncircumcised was almost unheard of.

      Besides, I haven't made my mind up on the matter, and even if I had, the wife has a say in it and I get the feeling that she is on the snip snip bandwagon.
      when are kids engaging in full frontal nudity as "children?"

      The only time I can think of was HS sports.

      I hear the warning that kids will be made fun of their whole childhood, but that seems like a gross exaggeration. There seem to be limited few instances wherein kids will even be in a potential situation in the first place.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • RobinFinderson
        Banned
        • Nov 2008
        • 10548

        #18
        Originally posted by falafel View Post
        You might also want to spare the kid the embarrassment of being mocked his whole life. Adults can understand it, but kids are just mean.
        What Pelligino said. The only people I know who still consistently circumcise (more often than not) are Jews and Mormons, and even among these two groups I have observed (very small, personal sampling) more people choosing to leave their boys intact. I don't think it will be long before circumcision is considered to be weird, and it will be the 'helmet heads' rather than the 'elephant trunks' who are getting teased.

        Comment

        • Jarid in Cedar
          CS Institutional Memory
          • Jun 2009
          • 13234

          #19
          Do you get your foreskin back when you get into one of the 3 kingdoms?
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

          "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

          "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

          -Rick Majerus

          Comment

          • pellegrino
            miserere me
            • Jan 2009
            • 12100

            #20
            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            when are kids engaging in full frontal nudity as "children?"

            The only time I can think of was HS sports.

            I hear the warning that kids will be made fun of their whole childhood, but that seems like a gross exaggeration. There seem to be limited few instances wherein kids will even be in a potential situation in the first place.
            I agree, even in HS most guys aren't wild about jumping into the shower with a bunch of other guys. With homosexuals coming out at younger ages, I can't envision exhibitionism in the locker room becoming more common. I've always thought of that reason as a kind of scare tactic (sorry falafel, so you know I don't view you as a fearmonger).
            Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
            God forgives many things for an act of mercy
            Alessandro Manzoni

            Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

            pelagius

            Comment

            • pellegrino
              miserere me
              • Jan 2009
              • 12100

              #21
              Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
              Do you get your foreskin back when you get into one of the 3 kingdoms?
              where's a good high priest when you need one?
              Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
              God forgives many things for an act of mercy
              Alessandro Manzoni

              Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

              pelagius

              Comment

              • Pheidippides
                Liberal Feminazi
                • Nov 2008
                • 14759

                #22
                Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                What Pelligino said. The only people I know who still consistently circumcise (more often than not) are Jews and Mormons, and even among these two groups I have observed (very small, personal sampling) more people choosing to leave their boys intact. I don't think it will be long before circumcision is considered to be weird, and it will be the 'helmet heads' rather than the 'elephant trunks' who are getting teased.
                In Jersey - land of the Jews - the doc told me it was 60/40 or so when my son was born. This was three years ago.
                Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                Comment

                • doctorcoug
                  To Win is to Honor Him
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 2273

                  #23
                  Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                  What Pelligino said. The only people I know who still consistently circumcise (more often than not) are Jews and Mormons, and even among these two groups I have observed (very small, personal sampling) more people choosing to leave their boys intact. I don't think it will be long before circumcision is considered to be weird, and it will be the 'helmet heads' rather than the 'elephant trunks' who are getting teased.
                  Here in the Midwest most weenie wack.

                  Jarid is correct about medical necessity. However, therecontinues to be an influx of research correlating circs with lower incidence of STDs in the at risk population. So a blanket "no benefit" is not entirely accurate, though here in the states it probably is.

                  My MIL commented on the large size of my newbies phalus. So, it didn't come from my wife's side. I'll let you decide what that means in terms of the penile sufficiency of the Viking family.
                  "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

                  "So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

                  Comment

                  • BlueHair
                    Boom Bitches!!!
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 2894

                    #24
                    Originally posted by doctorcoug View Post
                    Here in the Midwest most weenie wack.

                    Jarid is correct about medical necessity. However, therecontinues to be an influx of research correlating circs with lower incidence of STDs in the at risk population. So a blanket "no benefit" is not entirely accurate, though here in the states it probably is.

                    My MIL commented on the large size of my newbies phalus. So, it didn't come from my wife's side. I'll let you decide what that means in terms of the penile sufficiency of the Viking family.
                    Keep your MIL away from your child.
                    Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

                    Comment

                    • pellegrino
                      miserere me
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 12100

                      #25
                      Originally posted by doctorcoug View Post
                      Here in the Midwest most weenie wack.

                      Jarid is correct about medical necessity. However, therecontinues to be an influx of research correlating circs with lower incidence of STDs in the at risk population. So a blanket "no benefit" is not entirely accurate, though here in the states it probably is.

                      My MIL commented on the large size of my newbies phalus. So, it didn't come from my wife's side. I'll let you decide what that means in terms of the penile sufficiency of the Viking family.
                      Aren't there easier, less painful ways to prevent STDs? I don't know, maybe abstinence or a condom?

                      Congratulations on the birth of your son and the size of his penis. You should erect an obelisk in his (or your) honor in your back yard.
                      Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                      God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                      Alessandro Manzoni

                      Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                      pelagius

                      Comment

                      • RobinFinderson
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 10548

                        #26
                        No one had addressed what I consider to be a pretty decent argument in favor of leaving the unit alone. The head of the penis is supposed to be sensitive. You dry that part out, and subject it to a life of chafing, and it is going to perform differently than the protected version. The glans on a circumcised person has been 'toughened up.'

                        You may see the additional sensitivity as either a good or bad thing. A pro or a con, but it is a real consequence that no one else seems to address.

                        Comment

                        • TripletDaddy
                          sweet triple
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 58186

                          #27
                          Originally posted by doctorcoug View Post
                          Here in the Midwest most weenie wack.

                          Jarid is correct about medical necessity. However, therecontinues to be an influx of research correlating circs with lower incidence of STDs in the at risk population. So a blanket "no benefit" is not entirely accurate, though here in the states it probably is.

                          My MIL commented on the large size of my newbies phalus. So, it didn't come from my wife's side. I'll let you decide what that means in terms of the penile sufficiency of the Viking family.
                          Your MIL was probably surprised after hearing complaints from your wife.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • doctorcoug
                            To Win is to Honor Him
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 2273

                            #28
                            Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                            No one had addressed what I consider to be a pretty decent argument in favor of leaving the unit alone. The head of the penis is supposed to be sensitive. You dry that part out, and subject it to a life of chafing, and it is going to perform differently than the protected version. The glans on a circumcised person has been 'toughened up.'

                            You may see the additional sensitivity as either a good or bad thing. A pro or a con, but it is a real consequence that no one else seems to address.
                            As a student I saw a patient that I thought had a penile lesion. The attending examined and then smiled at the nurse. I guess i was pretty naive to the masturbation chafe. I didn't know that happened.
                            "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

                            "So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

                            Comment

                            • doctorcoug
                              To Win is to Honor Him
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 2273

                              #29
                              Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                              Aren't there easier, less painful ways to prevent STDs? I don't know, maybe abstinence or a condom?

                              Congratulations on the birth of your son and the size of his penis. You should erect an obelisk in his (or your) honor in your back yard.
                              Said methods aren't working in Africa.
                              "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

                              "So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

                              Comment

                              • pellegrino
                                miserere me
                                • Jan 2009
                                • 12100

                                #30
                                Originally posted by doctorcoug View Post
                                Said methods aren't working in Africa.
                                yet another reason I'm glad to live in America. you should make that obelisk out of sandstone, it resembles skin tones more so that marble.
                                Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                                God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                                Alessandro Manzoni

                                Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                                pelagius

                                Comment

                                Working...