Handicapped Parking

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • old_gregg
    scaly man fish
    • Nov 2009
    • 16915

    #16
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Good grief. Is this really a thing? We can't say handicap now?
    who was it on here awhile ago that was talking about the orientals? santos?
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69714

      #17
      Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      who was it on here awhile ago that was talking about the orientals? santos?
      Probably those Koreans in Orem.

      https://www.yelp.com/biz/1st-oriental-market-orem
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • jay santos
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 13652

        #18
        Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
        who was it on here awhile ago that was talking about the orientals? santos?
        lol, sure blame it on me.

        Speaking of handicapped parking. My friend's daughter went through cancer, and had a leg amputated. Pretty inspiring story, actually. Well she has a handicapped parking sticker. And she was living with him and sharing a car for a while, so now he has a handicapped parking sticker. Which he abuses about as bad as you possibly can. They both came to my daughter's homecoming and were at my house talking. She was ripping on him because she came late and there were no spots close to the church, including the handicapped spots, where her dad had parked. These are the kinds of bad examples I have in my life.

        Comment

        • Scott R Nelson
          UofU/BYU mixed marriage
          • Apr 2010
          • 1508

          #19
          Looks like I need to go straighten out a few local government agencies in my town. Just now I took the following photos:

          At the local office of the Department of Motor Vehicles for the State of California:
          Handicapped1.jpg

          At the parking area for the commuter train that comes through here on its daily runs between Stockton and San Jose:
          Handicapped2.jpg

          Comment

          • Bo Diddley
            Senior
            • Jul 2012
            • 18800

            #20
            A couple of years ago, after having knee surgery, I overdid it at the Vegas bowl, and probably set back my recovery. I needed to get a placard to hang in my car instead of walking as far as I did.

            So last year when I got the other knee done, I got a temporary placard. I never used it. BYU handicap parking was full hours before the UCLA game, and my brother had to let me out on the street a block away in my wheelchair. The next week I overdid it at the Michigan State game and the Steelers game that same weekend. Sure I looked healthy and all, but I was only supposed to walk so far. Thank goodness for opioids!

            Comment

            • Walter Sobchak
              Adventurer
              • Oct 2009
              • 3815

              #21
              Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
              [If this topic has been covered before, I sure couldn't find it in a search.]
              Did you check your nextdoor.com postings?

              If you didn't because you aren't a member, then you should join. You will find a community there that will welcome another busybody like yourself.
              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

              Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

              Comment

              • wuapinmon
                Soul Plumber
                • Dec 2008
                • 30711

                #22
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Good grief. Is this really a thing? We can't say handicap now?
                Sure we can, I just liked to avail myself of any chance to poke CMBF's cage. However, I think that you wouldn't describe a person as "handicapped" to the person who is. This is all reminiscent of Steven Pinker's Euphemism Treadmill.
                "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                Comment

                Working...