The End of an Era

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jarid in Cedar
    CS Institutional Memory
    • Jun 2009
    • 13234

    #16
    Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    Jarid,

    How long til the insomnia and aggression go away after taking Medrol?

    I'm wired and any little thing just like pisses me off. Something fell of the counter onto the floor and I want to kill someone. I know these aren't anabolic, but damned if I'm not as irritable as a hospital receptionist.
    about 36-48 hours tops. Anything beyond that is just you
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

    "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

    "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

    -Rick Majerus

    Comment

    • Jarid in Cedar
      CS Institutional Memory
      • Jun 2009
      • 13234

      #17
      Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
      He is building a '71 convertible(I can't remember which model off the top of my head), which will become his new cruiser, and he decided that he didn't want to build a garage to store cars that he was not going to drive very much.
      I asked him today, the new car will be a '71 Olds Cutlass convertible with a 454.
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

      "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

      "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

      -Rick Majerus

      Comment

      • Donuthole
        Official Outgayer
        • Nov 2008
        • 25273

        #18
        Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
        '86 Buick Century.



        Classic.
        My first car was a 1980 Buick Century. Much boxier, much longer, and much, much cooler.

        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

        There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

        Comment

        • il Padrino Ute
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 19161

          #19
          Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
          I asked him today, the new car will be a '71 Olds Cutlass convertible with a 454.
          Nice.

          Be sure to post before and after pics.
          "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


          "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

          Comment

          • Jarid in Cedar
            CS Institutional Memory
            • Jun 2009
            • 13234

            #20
            Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
            Nice.

            Be sure to post before and after pics.
            Will do.
            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

            "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

            "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

            -Rick Majerus

            Comment

            • wuapinmon
              Soul Plumber
              • Dec 2008
              • 30711

              #21
              My first car was a 1984 Fort Escort GT DIESEL.

              51 mpg....top speed, 60 mpg downhill with a tailwind. It was, however, a demon in first and second gears. Gutless wonder by the time I got to fourth. The air conditioner would get so cold, it would spit ice. My family didn't drive it once while I was gone on the mission--not once! I came home and the entire inside had molded. Not mad now, but at the time, I was very resentful.

              "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
              The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

              Comment

              • Brian
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 2164

                #22
                Mom got a new car, I got this. I could haul a lot of guys to the Frisco Bay in this gem.



                In the rear side window I cut up this poster to fit the window outline.

                I intend to live forever.
                So far, so good.
                --Steven Wright

                Comment

                • venkman
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 2199

                  #23
                  Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                  If I was going to get a car that was built the year I was born, for a Chevy, it would be the '64 Impala; for a Ford, it would be a Falcon (unless I could go with the 64 1/2 Mustang) and for a Dodge, the Charger.

                  How 'bout you?
                  I was informed by one of my employees, a redneck chick from Rock Springs, Wyoming, that the 64 1/2 Mustang is a "chick car". She told me guys must go with a '67 or later. I like the '67 best anyway, so that works for me.
                  "Remember to double tap"

                  Comment

                  • venkman
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 2199

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                    These are pictures of the last time this car will be in our family. My dad rebuilt it 19 years ago and has logged 20,000 miles in that time. He is selling tomorrow


                    Jarid, that car is porn for me. Too bad your old man's gotta let it go.
                    "Remember to double tap"

                    Comment

                    • il Padrino Ute
                      Junior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 19161

                      #25
                      Originally posted by venkman View Post
                      I was informed by one of my employees, a redneck chick from Rock Springs, Wyoming, that the 64 1/2 Mustang is a "chick car". She told me guys must go with a '67 or later. I like the '67 best anyway, so that works for me.
                      Tell your employee she knows not what she's saying. A chick Mustang would be a '76 Mustang II.
                      "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                      "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #26
                        My first car was a blue 66 Mustang. I loved it. I had it my Senior year of high school. I thought it was a really cool car. My friends and I installed a kenwood tape deck one Saturday and I thought I was set for the rest of my life.

                        The car looked almost exactly like this:



                        Although I didn't know any better at the time, the car had one interesting aspect to it....a standard transmission that was 3 gears plus reverse. Of course there was no tach (or any other gauge besides Fuel), but iirc, you could easily go about 25 mph in first gear without the engine making much of a peep at all. Also, the construction of gear mount was such that if you removed the cloth casing around the base of the stick shift itself, you could actually see through the bottom of the car and down onto the road below you.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • Babs
                          Not a Lawyer
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 17128

                          #27
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          My first car was a blue 66 Mustang.
                          My brother's first car was a black one. It was gorgeous.

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #28
                            Originally posted by Babs View Post
                            My brother's first car was a black one. It was gorgeous.
                            I thought so, too. In fact, I would love to have a nice restored Mustang today. I would prefer a restored 66 over a brand new 09, without hesitation.

                            venkman said he liked the 67. It is interesting how Mustang folks are very specific about the year and style they prefer. For example, I was NEVER a fastback guy. I always preferred coupe. Yet I know several enthusiasts that wouldn't even consider a coupe over a fastback.

                            Also, one of the things I loved about the 65/66.....that 3-pronged metal thing on the side door panel. I don't even know what to call it, but I thought it was really cool looking. In 67, they switched from that shiny metal thing to a 2-duct air vent. I didn't like the look as much, although others preferred it.

                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • Babs
                              Not a Lawyer
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 17128

                              #29
                              I'd love to have a classic Z:



                              Comment

                              • Jarid in Cedar
                                CS Institutional Memory
                                • Jun 2009
                                • 13234

                                #30
                                Originally posted by venkman View Post
                                Jarid, that car is porn for me. Too bad your old man's gotta let it go.
                                Yeah, He shed a little tear today when he was telling me about watching the guy drive it away. I can probably count on both hands the number of times I have seen him cry.
                                Last edited by Jarid in Cedar; 06-27-2009, 09:12 PM.
                                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                                "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                                "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                                -Rick Majerus

                                Comment

                                Working...