The End of an Era

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jarid in Cedar
    CS Institutional Memory
    • Jun 2009
    • 13234

    #1

    The End of an Era

    These are pictures of the last time this car will be in our family. My dad rebuilt it 19 years ago and has logged 20,000 miles in that time. He is selling tomorrow


    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

    "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

    "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

    -Rick Majerus
  • wuapinmon
    Soul Plumber
    • Dec 2008
    • 30711

    #2
    Regarding photo #2....I'm disappointed you didn't flash any signs.


    I have no good photos of my experiences with the Boy Scouts in New Orleans......trying to get them to stop flashing signs in the photographs, and to get them to smile for the camera, was an impossible task---irrespective of race, I might add.
    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

    Comment

    • Jarid in Cedar
      CS Institutional Memory
      • Jun 2009
      • 13234

      #3
      Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
      Regarding photo #2....I'm disappointed you didn't flash any signs.


      I have no good photos of my experiences with the Boy Scouts in New Orleans......trying to get them to stop flashing signs in the photographs, and to get them to smile for the camera, was an impossible task---irrespective of race, I might add.
      nah. We are too "gringo" to be able to pull something off like that
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

      "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

      "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

      -Rick Majerus

      Comment

      • il Padrino Ute
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 19161

        #4
        That is a sweet ride.

        Did your Dad decide it was time to sell it for any particular reason?
        "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


        "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

        Comment

        • Jarid in Cedar
          CS Institutional Memory
          • Jun 2009
          • 13234

          #5
          Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
          That is a sweet ride.

          Did your Dad decide it was time to sell it for any particular reason?
          He is building a '71 convertible(I can't remember which model off the top of my head), which will become his new cruiser, and he decided that he didn't want to build a garage to store cars that he was not going to drive very much.
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

          "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

          "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

          -Rick Majerus

          Comment

          • il Padrino Ute
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 19161

            #6
            Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
            He is building a '71 convertible(I can't remember which model off the top of my head), which will become his new cruiser, and he decided that he didn't want to build a garage to store cars that he was not going to drive very much.
            That's a good reason for doing so.

            Still, it would be tough to give up that Chevy.
            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

            Comment

            • Jarid in Cedar
              CS Institutional Memory
              • Jun 2009
              • 13234

              #7
              Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
              That's a good reason for doing so.

              Still, it would be tough to give up that Chevy.
              I wish I had a picture of what it started out as, then you could see why my mom is almost in tears letting it go. He wanted the '55 because it was the year he was born.
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

              "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

              "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

              -Rick Majerus

              Comment

              • il Padrino Ute
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 19161

                #8
                Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                I wish I had a picture of what it started out as, then you could see why my mom is almost in tears letting it go. He wanted the '55 because it was the year he was born.
                If I was going to get a car that was built the year I was born, for a Chevy, it would be the '64 Impala; for a Ford, it would be a Falcon (unless I could go with the 64 1/2 Mustang) and for a Dodge, the Charger.

                How 'bout you?
                "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                Comment

                • Jarid in Cedar
                  CS Institutional Memory
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 13234

                  #9
                  Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                  If I was going to get a car that was built the year I was born, for a Chevy, it would be the '64 Impala; for a Ford, it would be a Falcon (unless I could go with the 64 1/2 Mustang) and for a Dodge, the Charger.

                  How 'bout you?
                  '73 Convertible Firebird or Mustang Fastback. I am not much of a Dodge fan, but a Charger would be great as well. I like your '64 1/2 mustang though and if you were born after june it would work
                  "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                  "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                  "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                  -Rick Majerus

                  Comment

                  • wuapinmon
                    Soul Plumber
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 30711

                    #10
                    Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                    If I was going to get a car that was built the year I was born, for a Chevy, it would be the '64 Impala; for a Ford, it would be a Falcon (unless I could go with the 64 1/2 Mustang) and for a Dodge, the Charger.

                    How 'bout you?
                    '73 Mustang....or VW Squareback.
                    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                    Comment

                    • il Padrino Ute
                      Junior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 19161

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                      '73 Convertible Firebird or Mustang Fastback. I am not much of a Dodge fan, but a Charger would be great as well. I like your '64 1/2 mustang though and if you were born after june it would work
                      Then I'll go with the Mustang.

                      Awesome!
                      "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                      "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                      Comment

                      • Jarid in Cedar
                        CS Institutional Memory
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 13234

                        #12
                        For anyone that is having problems viewing the photo's, they are in album on my user.
                        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                        "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                        "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                        -Rick Majerus

                        Comment

                        • BoylenOver
                          Junior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 9146

                          #13
                          Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                          If I was going to get a car that was built the year I was born, for a Chevy, it would be the '64 Impala; for a Ford, it would be a Falcon (unless I could go with the 64 1/2 Mustang) and for a Dodge, the Charger.

                          How 'bout you?
                          '86 Buick Century.



                          Classic.
                          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                          Comment

                          • wuapinmon
                            Soul Plumber
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 30711

                            #14
                            Jarid,

                            How long til the insomnia and aggression go away after taking Medrol?

                            I'm wired and any little thing just like pisses me off. Something fell of the counter onto the floor and I want to kill someone. I know these aren't anabolic, but damned if I'm not as irritable as a hospital receptionist.
                            "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                            The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                            Comment

                            • il Padrino Ute
                              Junior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 19161

                              #15
                              Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                              '86 Buick Century.



                              Classic.
                              Beauty.

                              I would have figured you for a Ferrari Testarossa kind of guy:

                              "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                              "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                              Comment

                              Working...