Birding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
    Nice. Looking forward to more. And I apologize for any contribution I have made to people not posting in the photography thread. It's original intent seems to have been lost if the OP feels uncomfortable sharing. I will refrain from posting as many images as in the past.
    Don't pay attention to PAC its just him being fake humble...you know he wanted to show off his pics. post more not less
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Good grief. Crazy talk. Post more, not less.
      Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
      Don't pay attention to PAC its just him being fake humble...you know he wanted to show off his pics. post more not less
      It wasn't just PAC, Dwight Schr-ute also posted in the thread about "tapping out", if it becomes uncomfortable to post, no one learns anything. I like sharing what I've learned since I took this up a few years ago, but PAC's original post alluded to a hope of people learning together. I've learned a lot from many different training forums and online tutorials, but I learned the most by joining a photography site for birds (birdphotographers.net) and posting a few images and receiving critiques. I look back and see improvement in images, but taking a quick look through Flickr, 500px, or other sites just leaves me shaking my head as to how much more there is to learn. As is common among many artists, sharing one's efforts is always an emotional risk. I want people to feel comfortable, it shouldn't feel in any way that something doesn't measure up.

Comment

It wasn't just PAC, Dwight Schr-ute also posted in the thread about "tapping out", if it becomes uncomfortable to post, no one learns anything. I like sharing what I've learned since I took this up a few years ago, but PAC's original post alluded to a hope of people learning together. I've learned a lot from many different training forums and online tutorials, but I learned the most by joining a photography site for birds (birdphotographers.net) and posting a few images and receiving critiques. I look back and see improvement in images, but taking a quick look through Flickr, 500px, or other sites just leaves me shaking my head as to how much more there is to learn. As is common among many artists, sharing one's efforts is always an emotional risk. I want people to feel comfortable, it shouldn't feel in any way that something doesn't measure up.
        For some reason, I though PAC had started the photography thread, turn out it's AV , still the original post conveyed a wish to provide an open thread to receive feedback and 2 individuals expressed a possible reluctance. I'm shooting something at least once a week. Last week it was a concert of a small scream-o band that my oldest child follows (friends with the lead singer), and my 3rd child's senior photos. Trying to find different looks in the post processing of both.

Comment

For some reason, I though PAC had started the photography thread, turn out it's AV , still the original post conveyed a wish to provide an open thread to receive feedback and 2 individuals expressed a possible reluctance. I'm shooting something at least once a week. Last week it was a concert of a small scream-o band that my oldest child follows (friends with the lead singer), and my 3rd child's senior photos. Trying to find different looks in the post processing of both.
          That's because they are wussies with low self-esteem. Ignore them.

Comment

I may be wrong, but I have a hunch you misunderstood what DS was saying.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              I may be wrong, but I have a hunch you misunderstood what DS was saying.
              Plus, DS is a Ute so there's no reason to listen to him anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                That's because they are wussies with low self-esteem. Ignore them.
                Exactly. DS is an ass. Don't let him get under your skin. Besides, it was just a weird way to compliment your skills. And another reminder that I need to up my post production skills.

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                  Ravens are cool. They have them 100 miles from here, yet they never come this way....you go to any parking lot west of Vegas, and they are like pigeons. I love birds.
                  I don't think there are nearly as many ravens here as you think there are. Just the really small ravens of the grackle variety.

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                    I don't think there are nearly as many ravens here as you think there are. Just the really small ravens of the grackle variety.

There are a lot of ravens. There are also a lot of zanates (Great-tailed grackles), more of them than ravens, but compared to the 1 or 2 ravens I'd see up in Asheville at my grandparents, the 70+ I see in Washington County on occasion, or the 20 or so hanging out in Nevada parking lots seem like pigeons to me.
                    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                      There are a lot of ravens. There are also a lot of zanates (Great-tailed grackles), more of them than ravens, but compared to the 1 or 2 ravens I'd see up in Asheville at my grandparents, the 70+ I see in Washington County on occasion, or the 20 or so hanging out in Nevada parking lots seem like pigeons to me.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Hey guys not a birder here but we have a bunch of what I call crows here is socal. I am assuming they are not ravens. Huge birds and they wake me up on the weekends. Super annoying.
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          indeed. interesting tone to take in discussing biology of a certain region with a biologist in that region.
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                            Hey guys not a birder here but we have a bunch of what I call crows here is socal. I am assuming they are not ravens. Huge birds and they wake me up on the weekends. Super annoying.
                            you should probably move away from the landfill and/or place with lots of roadkill

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                              indeed. interesting tone to take in discussing biology of a certain region with a biologist in that region.
                              Hey, that's DOCTOR Tone to you, buddy.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                                Hey, that's DOCTOR Tone to you, buddy.
                                apologies. mr. doctor fish biologist, esq. in that region.

Comment

Working...
                                X