Did you break the honor code at BYU/Ricks

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • The_Douger
    Athletic Supporter
    • Jun 2012
    • 5413

    #16
    I was able to work through issues with an understanding bishop, who was faculty at the university.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

    Comment

    • UteStar
      Sexiest Poster in Town
      • Nov 2008
      • 2419

      #17
      I was so wild that I would have even broken the wild University of Utah honor code (which they don't have, but if they did, it would be REALLY forgiving because Utah is a bastion of iniquity) without even trying. BYU's honor code would not have been able to contain me.

      Comment

      • clackamascoug
        Banned
        • Dec 2009
        • 9709

        #18
        Now this is a funny poll question.

        It was the fall/winter semesters of 1980, a young missionary comes home to raging hormones and plenty of eager hormonettes. For all I know, me and a couple of little missy's invented zipper sparking, 'cepting that 4 button 501's were all the rage at the time, as were forward hooking bras. Can one get kicked out of school for kissing for two straight hours and not always on the lips? I would say that since I never hit a in the park home run, I would be clear of expulsion, but if the Bishop knew the desires of my heart, I would have ended up in Eugene and inactive today.

        Comment

        • RC Vikings
          Known Heterosexual
          • Nov 2008
          • 8789

          #19
          Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post
          Don't forget that awesome picture of RC. After that I'm not sure how he graduated.

          Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
          I didn't graduate from the Y, I had to take my talents to Boise to finish up. My experience in Provo was closer to Otter's experience at Faber College than the typical BYU experience.

          Comment

          • jay santos
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 13652

            #20
            AV, looks like everyone shizzed all over your poll, but what were you looking for here?

            Comment

            • Jacob
              Junior Member
              • Oct 2009
              • 6801

              #21
              Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
              Not sure if much has changed (I hope so) but I was suprised at the amount of inaction that was taken in response to cheating at BYU. Most of it involved the testing center where information was shared from someone who had taken the test with others who had not. In one instance, an entire test was smuggled out and being used as a "study guide" for others in the class who had yet to take it. Another instance was a student in a CS class who hired someone to do all his programming assignments for him.

              The only time action was taken by the HCO for cheating was when a student in one of my classes was caught red handed with a copy of the test as he was ready to take the same test. But that's not what got him expelled. He broke into the testing center to steal his file before it could be reviewed and forwarded to the professor and was caught by university police for B&E.
              This is interesting. I was oblivious to any cheating or plagiarism.

              Comment

              • byu71
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 22070

                #22
                I got married before transferring to BYU, that eliiminated any opportunities to break the honor code.

                Our intramural softball team actually won the championship and we went to Hobble Creek to play golf. I guess I was pretty naive about BYU because at least half the team were drinking beers on the course. I really couldn't have cared less and so didn't report them. That is the only thing I can think of where I may have broken the honor code by not snitching them out, but that isn't an offense you can get expelled for is it? Of course back then maybe it was.

                Back then it was against the HC to wear levi's on campus and the girls had to wear dresses. I liked that rule when I was a teaching assistant.


                Edit: I note a similar poll is going on over on CB. I was surprised to see the percentage of retrobates is about the same as here. I thought that was a more rule abiding crowd.
                Last edited by byu71; 09-27-2013, 09:39 AM.

                Comment

                • New Mexican Disaster
                  Suomalainen
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 4549

                  #23
                  Did I break the honor code? As often as I could.

                  Comment

                  • TripletDaddy
                    sweet triple
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 58186

                    #24
                    Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                    I got married before transferring to BYU, that eliiminated any opportunities to break the honor code.
                    Huh?
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • Uncle Ted
                      The Big 12 money shot.
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 28853

                      #25
                      Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                      I got married before transferring to BYU, that eliiminated any opportunities to break the honor code.
                      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      Huh?
                      What D^3 is trying say say is we all thought it was your first marriage that drove you to drink. Of course, maybe that was when not drinking was more of a recommendation in the honor code.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      Working...