No announcement yet.

Thanks Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      It’s a classic. We bust that baby out at our house occasionally.
      Same. Used to know the entire song. One of my kids learned it in school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
        Yes but we all know that’s because you’re hedging.
        I know you have your hopes up, but it isn't happening. SJBH
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Utah pulling the powerhouse city hat trick!

https://www.axios.com/top-performing...8984656fa.html

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            Utah pulling the powerhouse city hat trick!

https://www.axios.com/top-performing...8984656fa.html
            That is very impressive. What a great state.

Provo is number one!
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Folks in Utah know how to party...

Without Utah we wouldn't have Essential Oils!
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I was heartened to hear Arrow 103.5 is still around and still playing classic rock. And the arrow hitting a target sound is still being played! We basically listened to that the entire 4 days we were in Utah. Very nostalgic.

but also, what the hell, Arrow 103.5?!? U2 and Phil Collins is not classic rock!
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                  I was heartened to hear Arrow 103.5 is still around and still playing classic rock. And the arrow hitting a target sound is still being played! We basically listened to that the entire 4 days we were in Utah. Very nostalgic.

but also, what the hell, Arrow 103.5?!? U2 and Phil Collins is not classic rock!
                  I was having this discussion the other day. What defines classic rock. When I was listening in the late 80's early 90's it was the stuff from the late 60's and early 70's. So really anything that was about 20-25 years old and maybe older.

I had on the local classic rock station the other day and they played Sweet Child o Mine. To me it fits that criteria of 20+ years old. The next song was CCR, also classic rock.

Comment

I was heartened to hear Arrow 103.5 is still around and still playing classic rock. And the arrow hitting a target sound is still being played! We basically listened to that the entire 4 days we were in Utah. Very nostalgic.

When I was growing up, it was Rock 103. They played classic and contemporary rock music. Weight lifting in the basement under the school, and the radio was always on Rock 103. Billy Squire, Zeppelin, The Who, Yes, Rush, Ozzy, ACDC, Van Halen, Boston, Journey, Loverboy, Def Leppard, Deep Purple, Stones, Queen, Floyd, Foreigner, Scorps, and a ton of other bands. Genesis was as close to Phil Collins as you'd get. I can't remember if U2 ever made it there. Some of their older music like Sunday Bloody Sunday might have qualified, but their Joshua Tree album was definitely played on the other stations.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

I was having this discussion the other day. What defines classic rock. When I was listening in the late 80's early 90's it was the stuff from the late 60's and early 70's. So really anything that was about 20-25 years old and maybe older.

I had on the local classic rock station the other day and they played Sweet Child o Mine. To me it fits that criteria of 20+ years old. The next song was CCR, also classic rock.
                      Yeah, the 80's officially qualifies as classic rock. I'm not happy about it though. When I was listening to the Arrow in the 90's the playlist was solidly in the 70's.

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

When I was growing up, it was Rock 103. They played classic and contemporary rock music. Weight lifting in the basement under the school, and the radio was always on Rock 103. Billy Squire, Zeppelin, The Who, Yes, Rush, Ozzy, ACDC, Van Halen, Boston, Journey, Loverboy, Def Leppard, Deep Purple, Stones, Queen, Floyd, Foreigner, Scorps, and a ton of other bands. Genesis was as close to Phil Collins as you'd get. I can't remember if U2 ever made it there. Some of their older music like Sunday Bloody Sunday might have qualified, but their Joshua Tree album was definitely played on the other stations.
                      I heard basically every band you included in 4 days, even a couple of Rush songs!

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

• I must be getting old because I'm actually disappointed in the redefinition of "classic rock." "Oldies" as a category hasn't changed. It was a distinct phase and genre of music that was categorized after the fact as pop music evolved. Classic rock is similarly defined by the groups of the 60s and 70s. This genre isn't necessarily defined only by time period though. The sift rock of the 70s isn't classic rock. There has to be a different category that encompasses 80s and beyond.

You know what, this is just a dumb radio station and I can't believe I spent 3 minutes writing this out...

Comment

• I remember when I got married 94.1 KODJ was playing “oldies” music from the 50s and 60s. I didn’t tune in to it for a while but turned it on once and noticed it was now the 70s and 80s. Now 20 years on they are playing the 70s, 80s and starting to play the 90s. It seems odd that they are playing music that seems so recent, but in reality they have maintained the same time buffer the whole time.

Comment

If you're a fan of 103.5 the Arrow, then you've got to be a fan of Jon Carter too. Flipping stations and I ran across him doing the morning show one 100.7. Still playing some classic rock, but like you found with 103.5, there's other music mixed in. It's not quite the same as the old Jon and Dan in the Morning - but Jon Carter is still Jon Carter.

Comment

• BTW, 103.5 has always been a little squishy in regards to what it plays. Even in the mid 90s they were playing a lot of 80s New Wave (Ah Ha, quarterflash, the pretenders, etc.). The Wasatch Front's real classic rock station, Z-93, was off the air by 1995. Z-93 would play some deep cuts that 103.5 wouldn't (8 min plus Pink Floyd Songs, Black Sabbath, Uriah Heep).

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                                BTW, 103.5 has always been a little squishy in regards to what it plays. Even in the mid 90s they were playing a lot of 80s New Wave (Ah Ha, quarterflash, the pretenders, etc.). The Wasatch Front's real classic rock station, Z-93, was off the air by 1995. Z-93 would play some deep cuts that 103.5 wouldn't (8 min plus Pink Floyd Songs, Black Sabbath, Uriah Heep).
                                Uriah Heep is one of the greatest characters of Dickens. I have never heard of the band.

Comment

Working...
                                X