Logic games

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • swampfrog
    Social Distance Warrior
    • Feb 2011
    • 2267

    #436
    4 today.

    Spoiler for tries:
    STARE
    SCALE
    SHAME
    SHAKE

    Comment

    • Northwestcoug
      Cocked and Loaded
      • May 2011
      • 18013

      #437
      3 today:

      Spoiler for guesses:

      SPRUE
      STYLE
      SHAKE
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

      Comment

      • beefytee
        Board eye candy
        • Mar 2009
        • 7542

        #438
        I got it in five today. Today’s word is one of those that you could totally lose on with hard mode because of all the possible common words even if you have 4 of the five letters early.

        Spoiler for Answer:
        cloud
        feast
        spake
        snake
        shake

        Comment

        • Clark Addison
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 10303

          #439
          Yeah, I think today's word is a poor choice.

          Spoiler for Spoiler:
          HEART
          SHAPE
          SHAME
          SHADE
          SHAKE

          I still had Shale and Shave as possibilities, so could well have had my first miss ever after having 4 green squares in my second guess

          damn Libs

          Comment

          • Flystripper
            Degenerate Gambler
            • Nov 2008
            • 14089

            #440
            First L. Horseshit word

            Spoiler for
            BS
            :

            TRAIN
            SHALE
            SHAPE
            SHAME
            SHAVE
            SHADE

            Shale was such a lucky guess and then I got unlucky the rest of the way. Hard mode...
            Last edited by Flystripper; 02-17-2022, 11:00 AM.
            Dyslexics are teople poo...

            Comment

            • falafel
              loves to talk on things
              • Mar 2009
              • 37973

              #441
              Bogey.

              Spoiler for guesses:
              Had __AKE after 3 guesses. Wasted one on QUAKE.

              IRATE
              CLAME
              POAKE
              QUAKE
              SHAKE
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

              Dig your own grave, and save!

              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • chrisrenrut
                Strikes and Gutters
                • Jul 2009
                • 2295

                #442
                Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                First L. Horseshit word

                Spoiler for
                BS
                :

                TRAIN
                SHALE
                SHAPE
                SHAME
                SHAVE
                SHADE

                Shale was such a lucky guess and then I got unlucky the rest of the way. Hard mode...
                This person agrees:

                Comment

                • swampfrog
                  Social Distance Warrior
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 2267

                  #443
                  If played with the two goals, 1 = guess the word in 6 or less guesses, and 2 = always play hard mode, there will be words where strict obedience to goal 2 will necessitate significant risk to goal 1. If goal number 1 is important then religious dedication to goal 2 is "looking beyond the mark". Choose wisely.

                  Comment

                  • PaloAltoCougar
                    Semper infra dignitatem
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 16935

                    #444
                    Belaboring the golf references, I was four under par for the week, but dubbed today's drive. Shots 2-5 were pretty weak, and I had to drop a thirty-foot putt to finish with a double bogey 6, only my second ever. Thought I was going to have to pick up.


                    Spoiler for my scorecard:
                    FLARE
                    STONE
                    COUPE
                    WOWEE
                    MOVIE
                    DODGE

                    Yeah, shanked my fourth shot
                    :
                    Last edited by PaloAltoCougar; 02-18-2022, 08:32 AM.

                    Comment

                    • Bo Diddley
                      Senior
                      • Jul 2012
                      • 18786

                      #445
                      i guess it was par? Some words probably have a higher par than others.

                      Spoiler for PAR:
                      IRATE
                      SCONE
                      YODLE
                      DODGE​​

                      Comment

                      • Northwestcoug
                        Cocked and Loaded
                        • May 2011
                        • 18013

                        #446
                        4 is par right? Par for me:

                        Spoiler for guesses:

                        ADIEU
                        DROVE
                        DOLCE (probably could have thought this guess better)
                        DODGE
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

                        Comment

                        • swampfrog
                          Social Distance Warrior
                          • Feb 2011
                          • 2267

                          #447
                          Thought I had it in three, took me forever between guess 3 and 4.

                          Spoiler for tries:
                          STARE
                          CLONE
                          MOVIE
                          DODGE

                          Comment

                          • Moliere
                            One man.....one pie
                            • Oct 2009
                            • 27876

                            #448
                            4/6

                            Spoiler for Answers :
                            crate
                            louse
                            homie
                            dodge
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                            Comment

                            • Joe Public
                              8.1 YPC
                              • Apr 2011
                              • 8524

                              #449
                              Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
                              Thought I had it in three, took me forever between guess 3 and 4.

                              Spoiler for tries:
                              STARE
                              CLONE
                              MOVIE
                              DODGE
                              Ha! We had almost the same guesses today:

                              Spoiler for My guesses:
                              STARE
                              CLONE
                              PODGE
                              DODGE

                              I like your third guess better than mine from a solving standpoint, but I was already thinking DODGE but hedged on guessing two Ds.
                              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                              "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                              Comment

                              • Jeff Lebowski
                                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 69676

                                #450
                                So my good luck yesterday didn't carry over to today. Got a rare bogey.

                                Spoiler for deets:
                                LEARN
                                SPITE
                                BUDGE
                                HEDGE
                                DODGE

                                I had a ton options once I locked in to _ _ DGE. Guessed wrong. Oof.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                                Comment

                                Working...