Apple gets $1B

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Moliere
    One man.....one pie
    • Oct 2009
    • 27893

    #106
    Originally posted by creekster View Post
    I think you will find they have done very well with iTunes, both as a matter of revenue and as part of their vertical integration strategy. I think many of us hate iTunes becasue there is no easy way to avoid it.
    I don't like iTunes, however my wife loves it because it's simple


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

    Comment

    • falafel
      loves to talk on things
      • Mar 2009
      • 37996

      #107
      Originally posted by creekster View Post
      I think you will find they have done very well with iTunes, both as a matter of revenue and as part of their vertical integration strategy. I think many of us hate iTunes becasue there is no easy way to avoid it.
      They were first to market (virtually) with that product, and for a long time it was the only game in town. I agree they made some nice coin on it, but I doubt that it represents the majority of their revenue. But I could be wrong.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

      Dig your own grave, and save!

      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • Uncle Ted
        The Big 12 money shot.
        • Apr 2010
        • 28853

        #108
        Originally posted by creekster View Post
        If iTunes is so bad (and I am no fan) how did Apple manage to get a cash hoard of 250B?

        2/3rds of Apple's revenue comes from iPhones.

        As for iTunes who uses that anymore?
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69735

          #109
          Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          2/3rds of Apple's revenue comes from iPhones.

          As for iTunes who uses that anymore?
          Haha.

          I knew Uncle Dongle could spin this somehow.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • Joe Public
            8.1 YPC
            • Apr 2011
            • 8532

            #110
            Is there a better way than iTunes to back one's phone up on one's laptop?
            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

            "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

            Comment

            • Moliere
              One man.....one pie
              • Oct 2009
              • 27893

              #111
              If anyone is interested, Apples quarterly earnings call is today at 4 CDT


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

              Comment

              • Uncle Ted
                The Big 12 money shot.
                • Apr 2010
                • 28853

                #112
                Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                If anyone is interested, Apples quarterly earnings call is today at 4 CDT
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • old_gregg
                  scaly man fish
                  • Nov 2009
                  • 16915

                  #113
                  Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                  Is there a better way than iTunes to back one's phone up on one's laptop?
                  icloud my dude
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                  Comment

                  • Walter Sobchak
                    Adventurer
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 3815

                    #114
                    Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                    Is there a better way than iTunes to back one's phone up on one's laptop?
                    Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                    icloud my dude
                    Joe, you got the 5GB iPhone right? Should backup just fine on the iCloud!

                    Or you could switch to Android and just backup your phone to your SD card.
                    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

                    Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

                    Comment

                    • old_gregg
                      scaly man fish
                      • Nov 2009
                      • 16915

                      #115
                      Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                      Joe, you got the 5GB iPhone right? Should backup just fine on the iCloud!

                      Or you could switch to Android and just backup your phone to your SD card.
                      right, because if you lose your phone with the sd card, your backup on the sd card is going to be particularly helpful
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                      Comment

                      • Joe Public
                        8.1 YPC
                        • Apr 2011
                        • 8532

                        #116
                        The discussion was about why someone would use iTunes. I am wondering whether someone who backs data on a laptop has a better alternative for performing that task. Whether there are alternatives to backing phone data onto a laptop (without cloud storage) is irrelevant for purposes of that discussion IMO.
                        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                        "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                        Comment

                        • Walter Sobchak
                          Adventurer
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 3815

                          #117
                          Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                          right, because if you lose your phone with the sd card, your backup on the sd card is going to be particularly helpful
                          sd cards are removable bro.
                          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

                          Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

                          Comment

                          • smokymountainrain
                            Impressive Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 22593

                            #118
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

                            Comment

                            • old_gregg
                              scaly man fish
                              • Nov 2009
                              • 16915

                              #119
                              Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                              sd cards are removable bro.
                              yes, a drawer full of sd cards is clearly the most elegant solution
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                              Comment

                              • Walter Sobchak
                                Adventurer
                                • Oct 2009
                                • 3815

                                #120
                                Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                                yes, a drawer full of sd cards is clearly the most elegant solution
                                I wear my tux when I do my backups, I'm not a farmer.
                                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

                                Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

                                Comment

                                Working...