Bigfoot: I want to believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
    So, you're saying that there's no possibility that Bigfoot exists?
    Or unicorns?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
      That was how I interpreted his comment.

I do think some of them are sincere.

Comment

• At the end of the day it's all about manners.

A society of people encompasses all types of personalities. Some people think big and consider all things as possible. Some people are more focused on day to day activities. Some people throw rocks and complain while huddled in the middle of a circle they never wish to eclipse. Some people dress funny, some people love cats and dogs. Some people like guns. Some people wish guns were never invented. Some people consider the edges of science, and push to go farther. Some want tomorrow to be the same as yesterday. Whatever you are, it's OK, but being a name caller is ironic.

Simply stating that one considers the reality of Bigfoot is not idiotic. Pondering the testimony of the native people of America, who accept Sasquatch/Bigfoot as a real personage is reasonable. Considering the testimony of several thousand people who claim to have seen Bigfoot, is also reasonable. Considering the vast amount of physical evidence is reasonable. Calling people idiots for hoping that Bigfoot exists, is not reasonable.

In light of the ongoing conversation, I'm asking the Big Lebowski to confirm that I lived up to my end of the above bargain and sent him $50 for the above terms.
        Last edited by clackamascoug; 12-29-2012, 05:17 PM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          Or unicorns?
          Can you show me any sites which have collected thousands of statements of unicorn witnesses? Or hundreds of pictures (as blurred as they are)? Or scientists at mainstream universities who study them and the evidence of them?

If you can't see the difference between bigfoot and unicorns, or elves, or leprechauns, then you're letting your skepticism get the best of you.

Many (if not most) indigenous American people have histories which include beings very similar to our understanding of bigfoot. There are also quite a number of otherwise intelligent and educated people who have now thrown their hats in with the bigfooters.

I used to be where you are in my belief. But there is a distinct difference in the number of witnesses and amount of evidence between bigfoot and any other cryptid. At some point you have to believe either there's something there, or it's the most elaborate hoax/mass hallucination you've ever heard of.

There are some serious studies/investigations going on right now, on a far different scope than has ever been done. Real scientists are putting themselves on the line on this. I think it's really interesting to see what comes of these efforts.
          If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

• SoCal if this turns out to be real you will get to say the biggest "I told you so" of all time on CUF.

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
              SoCal if this turns out to be real you will get to say the biggest "I told you so" of all time on CUF.
              Which will be nice to supplant SU's "I told you so" regarding a BYU to the Big 12 invite.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
                Can you show me any sites which have collected thousands of statements of unicorn witnesses? Or hundreds of pictures (as blurred as they are)? Or scientists at mainstream universities who study them and the evidence of them?

If you can't see the difference between bigfoot and unicorns, or elves, or leprechauns, then you're letting your skepticism get the best of you.

Many (if not most) indigenous American people have histories which include beings very similar to our understanding of bigfoot. There are also quite a number of otherwise intelligent and educated people who have now thrown their hats in with the bigfooters.

I used to be where you are in my belief. But there is a distinct difference in the number of witnesses and amount of evidence between bigfoot and any other cryptid. At some point you have to believe either there's something there, or it's the most elaborate hoax/mass hallucination you've ever heard of.

There are some serious studies/investigations going on right now, on a far different scope than has ever been done. Real scientists are putting themselves on the line on this. I think it's really interesting to see what comes of these efforts.
                Yet all of the scientists, studies and eyewitnesses have yet to produce real evidence of existence.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  Yet all of the scientists, studies and eyewitnesses have yet to produce real evidence of existence.
                  Patience is the word. There are real scientists working on that as we speak. For the first time.
                  If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

• I have an open mind on the subject. I think the odds are solidly against bigfeet prancing around the wilderness, but I don't think the odds are 0%.
                    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

At some point you have to believe either there's something there, or it's the most elaborate hoax/mass hallucination you've ever heard of.
                      Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                      I have an open mind on the subject. I think the odds are solidly against bigfeet prancing around the wilderness, but I don't think the odds are 0%.
                      I'm having some strong deja vu here. This reminds me of something......but, what?

Comment

why are all the photos blurry?

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                          I'm having some strong deja vu here. This reminds me of something......but, what?
                          9/11. SoCal moonlights as a Truther.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            9/11. SoCal moonlights as a Truther.
                            Oh I hope not, bigfoot people are way more credible than truthers.

Comment

• People believe in plenty of things where loads of evidence doesn't exist to back up the belief.

I don't believe in bigfoot, but don't want to scorn all those who do. Everyone on this board has some beliefs that others find absurd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                                why are all the photos blurry?
                                Adrenaline, man!
                                Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                                God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                                Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Working...
                                X