A pic of one of the worst little league baseball teams in history...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • il Padrino Ute
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 19161

    #1

    A pic of one of the worst little league baseball teams in history...

    the 1974 Crescent Cougars:



    That's right folks, those are flannel uniforms, which was the best thing about this team.

    We did win a few games that season - all against the team that took first place - but I consider us one of the worst because we lost by huge amounts, as in games like 31-2, 29-0 and the like.

    Our coach used to sit in a lawn chair in the coaches box on whichever side our dugout was with a cooler full of beer and never leave the chair the entire game. He was awesome.

    I still think we were the inspiration for The Bad News Bears, as the kid (#3) ended up moving to California after that season and that movie was released 2 years later. Coincident? I think not.
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader
  • landpoke
    Never once baby snatched
    • Nov 2008
    • 4183

    #2
    Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
    the 1974 Crescent Cougars:



    That's right folks, those are flannel uniforms, which was the best thing about this team.

    We did win a few games that season - all against the team that took first place - but I consider us one of the worst because we lost by huge amounts, as in games like 31-2, 29-0 and the like.

    Our coach used to sit in a lawn chair in the coaches box on whichever side our dugout was with a cooler full of beer and never leave the chair the entire game. He was awesome.

    I still think we were the inspiration for The Bad News Bears, as the kid (#3) ended up moving to California after that season and that movie was released 2 years later. Coincident? I think not.
    Second from the left, front row?

    (There's a pic of you floating around in the UF.net photo gallery. I'm not a stalker, I swear.)
    There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

    Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

    Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
    Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
    …
    Tomorrow is Saturday
    And Sunday comes afterwards

    Comment

    • il Padrino Ute
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 19161

      #3
      Originally posted by landpoke View Post
      Second from the left, front row?

      (There's a pic of you floating around in the UF.net photo gallery. I'm not a stalker, I swear.)
      Yep, that's me.
      "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


      "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69676

        #4
        What a great photo.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • HuskyFreeNorthwest
          Time to camp
          • Nov 2008
          • 26082

          #5
          I think this is a great thread idea. We all post little league team photos. I will have to find one and scan it.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

          Comment

          • kccougar
            9262
            • Nov 2008
            • 7020

            #6
            Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            I think this is a great thread idea. We all post little league team photos. I will have to find one and scan it.
            I've got a sweet basketball group photo - belted shorts and all. We were sponsered by Flo's Barber Shop. I'll probably have to go to my mom's house to find it.
            "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

            Comment

            • cougjunkie
              *Banned*
              • Nov 2008
              • 23223

              #7
              Not me but this bastard struck me out 3 times in the Regionals to represent the state of California in the LLWS.

              *Banned*

              Comment

              • Surfah
                Where's Wallace?
                • Nov 2008
                • 33726

                #8
                Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                Not me but this bastard struck me out 3 times in the Regionals to represent the state of California in the LLWS.

                Sean Burroughs?
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

                Comment

                • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                  Time to camp
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26082

                  #9


                  BUMP!
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

                  Comment

                  • TripletDaddy
                    sweet triple
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 58186

                    #10
                    I love the clipboard action pose.

                    1989. Dang. I was graduating HS that year.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • il Padrino Ute
                      Junior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 19161

                      #11
                      Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post


                      BUMP!
                      This is a great photo.

                      Cottonwood baseball, eh? Where was the field you played on?
                      "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                      "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                      Comment

                      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                        Time to camp
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 26082

                        #12
                        Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                        This is a great photo.

                        Cottonwood baseball, eh? Where was the field you played on?
                        Anzac (sp?) I thought you would appreciate that I was an Oriole. That was my second year of three with the O's.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

                        Comment

                        • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                          Time to camp
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 26082

                          #13
                          One more. These are the only two sports photos of me in existence I guess, my mom brought these up when she came to help with my kids last week.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #14
                            I call BS on 54. His head looks photoshopped into the picture.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • il Padrino Ute
                              Junior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 19161

                              #15
                              Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                              Anzac (sp?) I thought you would appreciate that I was an Oriole. That was my second year of three with the O's.
                              I always appreciate a team called the Orioles.

                              I'm not familiar with Anzac.
                              "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                              "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                              Comment

                              Working...