We should do a CUF Megamillions pool

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mormon Red Death
    BYU Delenda Est
    • Nov 2008
    • 8077

    #16
    Originally posted by Jacob View Post
    I'd like to purchase an NBA basketball team, so who can buy a ticket for me? Why can't you buy online?
    you might be able to buy online from Illinois.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

    "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

    Comment

    • Tim
      Not Banned
      • Nov 2008
      • 4390

      #17
      Originally posted by scottie View Post
      127 people -- how much total $ was contributed?
      We decided to make it so everyone was equal to each other in the pool, so we had each person pitch in $2. So we've got 254 tickets.
      Visca Catalunya Lliure

      Comment

      • Green Monstah
        Royal Rooter
        • Aug 2010
        • 13978

        #18
        I entered a work pool, and a co-worker (a really securities lawyer, mind you) says with a serious tone, "If we win, we should buy the company." I don't know if he was being funny in a deadpan sort of way, but he seemed serious. Being the newbie, I kept my mouth shut, and refused to be the one to remind him that our market cap hovers around $40 Billion.
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

        "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

        Comment

        • scottie
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 5247

          #19
          Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
          I'll tell you what it looked like when I buy my ticket. If I win I'm going to throw the best tailgate party for CUF BYU has ever seen.
          with mild drinks made of barley.

          Comment

          • RC Vikings
            Known Heterosexual
            • Nov 2008
            • 8789

            #20
            Originally posted by scottie View Post
            with mild drinks made of barley.
            Might as well because with that kind of coin in my pocket I can see my life spiraling down into a real mess.

            Comment

            • filsdepac
              No pun intended
              • May 2009
              • 1823

              #21
              If no one wins tonight, I might take a loan out for $175 million and take every combination possible. Even if the $1B is split 3 ways, I'd still come out ahead, assuming cougjunkie can get me a low rate.

              Comment

              • scottie
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 5247

                #22
                Originally posted by filsdepac View Post
                If no one wins tonight, I might take a loan out for $175 million and take every combination possible. Even if the $1B is split 3 ways, I'd still come out ahead, assuming cougjunkie can get me a low rate.
                I thought about that too, but then there's the impossible task of filling out those cards with the 175 million combinations.

                Comment

                • Flystripper
                  Degenerate Gambler
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 14102

                  #23
                  Originally posted by scottie View Post
                  I thought about that too, but then there's the impossible task of filling out those cards with the 175 million combinations.
                  can't you do 175 million quick picks?
                  Dyslexics are teople poo...

                  Comment

                  • creekster
                    It is NOT a monkey!
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 22661

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                    can't you do 175 million quick picks?
                    but they wont all be unique.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                    Comment

                    • scottie
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 5247

                      #25
                      Originally posted by creekster View Post
                      but they wont all be unique.
                      Exactly, quick picks wouldn't get you to the 175 million different combinations.

                      Comment

                      • EuropeanFootballMale
                        Karate/Friendship Master
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 1339

                        #26
                        Originally posted by filsdepac View Post
                        If no one wins tonight, I might take a loan out for $175 million and take every combination possible. Even if the $1B is split 3 ways, I'd still come out ahead, assuming cougjunkie can get me a low rate.
                        If it were possible a lot more than 3 people would do it.

                        Comment

                        • Surfah
                          Where's Wallace?
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 33726

                          #27
                          I spent $5 today. First time I have ever played the lottery.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • Tim
                            Not Banned
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 4390

                            #28
                            Our $254 pool won $180.
                            Visca Catalunya Lliure

                            Comment

                            • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                              Time to camp
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 26082

                              #29
                              Originally posted by Tim View Post
                              Our $254 pool won $180.
                              What are you going to do with your share?
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

                              Comment

                              • Tim
                                Not Banned
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 4390

                                #30
                                Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                                What are you going to do with your share?
                                We had a rule stating that all winnings under $254 would be donated to the food bank.
                                Visca Catalunya Lliure

                                Comment

                                Working...