The thread re overrated stuff

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SuperGabers
    aka... UtahDan's Wifey
    • May 2009
    • 2182

    #46
    Pintrest.

    Comment

    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
      Time to camp
      • Nov 2008
      • 26082

      #47
      Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
      California Pizza Kitchen
      It seems that about once a year I am somewhere near a CPK and think or say "That sounds pretty good". As I find no fault with any pizza I won't say it is bad, but it never leaves me thinking it was good.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

      Comment

      • YOhio
        Hipster Mode
        • Nov 2008
        • 26165

        #48
        Chaps by Ralph Lauren.

        Comment

        • YOhio
          Hipster Mode
          • Nov 2008
          • 26165

          #49
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Unlike the Cheesecake Factory, right?
          Cheesecake Factory is one of America's least healthy restaurants. They have 90 dishes with over 1,500 calories. That's not including the obligatory desert afterward.

          Comment

          • MarkGrace
            Grooveshark dick tease
            • Dec 2008
            • 31546

            #50
            Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            It seems that about once a year I am somewhere near a CPK and think or say "That sounds pretty good". As I find no fault with any pizza I won't say it is bad, but it never leaves me thinking it was good.
            I don't mind CPK. In fact, I don't mind any of the places listed, and there's a Five Guys right next to the movie theater where we often eat (BBQ sauce, grilled 'shrooms, grilled onions) before movies. But this is exactly why I never really understand overrated/underrated discussions and why I made my comment about what people think something is rated and then what they think it should be rated.

            What the heck are CPK/PF Chang's/et al. rated? To me they're just places, like you said, with decent food that every once in a while you find yourself eating. I don't really see the overrated in them because I don't really know anyone that rates them highly.
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

            Comment

            • SeattleUte
              Faith crisis consultant
              • Nov 2008
              • 20837

              #51
              Conventional sushi. Flame away. (I bet I've consumed as much sushi as anyone here.)
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

              --Jonathan Swift

              Comment

              • old_gregg
                scaly man fish
                • Nov 2009
                • 16915

                #52
                Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                Conventional sushi. Flame away. (I bet I've consumed as much sushi as anyone here.)
                what does conventional mean?
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                Comment

                • SeattleUte
                  Faith crisis consultant
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 20837

                  #53
                  Originally posted by camleish View Post
                  what does conventional mean?
                  http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/conventional

                  See 3: b.
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                  --Jonathan Swift

                  Comment

                  • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                    Time to camp
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 26082

                    #54
                    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                    Conventional sushi. Flame away. (I bet I've consumed as much sushi as anyone here.)
                    I have not eaten as much sushi as anyone here, probably less as I only really tried sushi for the first time about a year ago. I did see a preview this weekend for a documentary that looked really interesting and it seems like you might enjoy also.

                    [YOUTUBE]Hi1jxRanimU[/YOUTUBE]
                    [YOUTUBE]M-aGPniFvS0[/YOUTUBE]
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

                    Comment

                    • SeattleUte
                      Faith crisis consultant
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 20837

                      #55
                      Sushi here is like gay marriage or the priesthood ban. It's been talked out.
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                      --Jonathan Swift

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #56
                        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                        Sushi here is like gay marriage or the priesthood ban. It's been talked out.
                        Maybe conventional sushi, but not urbane sushi.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • SeattleUte
                          Faith crisis consultant
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 20837

                          #57
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          Maybe conventional sushi, but not urbane sushi.
                          No, this isn't an effort to be cool thing. It's a recognition that our culture invented seasoning, etc. for a purpose. Also, just a touch of cooking usually enhances flavor.
                          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                          --Jonathan Swift

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69718

                            #58
                            Unlike SU, I believe in the principles of an open and free marketplace. Thus, everything is rated right about where it should be. This thread is a testament to differing tastes, and nothing more.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • Donuthole
                              Official Outgayer
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 25268

                              #59
                              Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                              Conventional sushi. Flame away. (I bet I've consumed as much sushi as anyone here.)
                              I'm glad you limited this to conventional sushi. Because there is sushi out there so exquisite that if you had an inkling of what you are missing you would be crushed and debilitated under an intolerable weight of despair and regret.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                              There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                              Comment

                              • RobinFinderson
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 10548

                                #60
                                Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                                I'm glad you limited this to conventional sushi. Because there is sushi out there so exquisite that if you had an inkling of what you are missing you would be crushed and debilitated under an intolerable weight of despair and regret.
                                lol! Nice throwback to one of my all-time favorite posts on CUF.

                                Comment

                                Working...