So, at about 1:00 AM my wife wakes me up...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • il Padrino Ute
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 19161

    #1

    So, at about 1:00 AM my wife wakes me up...

    and asks me what's going on outside. How would I know? I've been asleep, but she is insistent. So I look out the window and what do I see?

    I see the Murray City Police SWAT team moving in 2x2 formation at double-time down the middle of the street. There are a total of 24 officers and they're dressed in full gear, with the two leaders holding shields and one officer in each line behind the shield with a battering ram. They are heading to the house 4 doors down from our home where everyone in the neighborhood suspects drug activity - mostly because the guy who lives there had been arrested on drug charges a few years ago. The team gets to the house and surrounds it. I then hear a big BAM! as I watch one of the officers with the battering ram knock the front door off its hinges and just like that, I see another officer aim a launcher and fire two flash grenades into the house.

    BOOM! BOOM! The grenades go off and the SWAT team rushes into the house. Lots of yelling follows for about 1 minute or so and then it is silent.

    So I throw on some clothes and walk outside to be a nosy neighbor and for the next 30 minutes, my neighbor across the street and I watch as officers bring out, by our count, 14 suspects in cuffs and make them all lie face down in the yard. Then, six Murray City police cars move down the street and each of the cuffed individuals are put into a car and taken away.

    About 20 minutes later, a HazMat team comes to the house and enters. The SWAT team starts walking back to where their big vehicle - almost the size of a moving van - is parked and they eventually drive away. I asked one of the officers who acknowledged my presence what was going on and he said "all I can tell you is that we served an arrest warrant and we got more than we expected out of it." I half joked that "it would be a shame if that house burned down" and the group of officers all laughed and one responded "make sure the house is empty first". Another laugh was shared by all.

    I went back into the house and went to bed. The street was quiet this morning, as if nothing happened.

    Anything interesting happen in your neighborhood last night?
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader
  • LA Ute
    Receiver of Memory
    • Nov 2008
    • 19512

    #2
    Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
    Anything interesting happen in your neighborhood last night?
    Well, our Christmas lights tripped a breaker.
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden


    "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    Comment

    • EuropeanFootballMale
      Karate/Friendship Master
      • Aug 2010
      • 1339

      #3
      My house got raided at about 1:00 am

      Comment

      • Donuthole
        Official Outgayer
        • Nov 2008
        • 25267

        #4
        Your use of onomatopoeia reminded me of George Lindell:

        [YOUTUBE]gP5mWgbgCEc[/YOUTUBE]
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

        There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

        Comment

        • NorthwestUteFan
          אלוף
          • Oct 2010
          • 3384

          #5
          Nothing that exciting happened last night. The racoons were kind of noisy.

          But 10 years ago when I lived in Murray a similar thing happened to an abandoned house a few blocks away from me. When I drove past the next day they were knocking down the house and hauling away everything. The day after that the scraped off the topsoil and hauled it away, covered with HAZMAT markings.

          Some of the chemicals used to 'cook' meth so fully infuse their way into the structure of the building as to render it permanently inhabitable.

          Comment

          • Mormon Red Death
            BYU Delenda Est
            • Nov 2008
            • 8077

            #6
            Heisenberg!!!
            "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

            "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69696

              #7
              Our cat got in a fight with a feral cat. Lasted a few seconds.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • SoCalCoug
                Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant
                • Nov 2008
                • 5214

                #8
                Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                and asks me what's going on outside. How would I know? I've been asleep, but she is insistent. So I look out the window and what do I see?

                I see the Murray City Police SWAT team moving in 2x2 formation at double-time down the middle of the street. There are a total of 24 officers and they're dressed in full gear, with the two leaders holding shields and one officer in each line behind the shield with a battering ram. They are heading to the house 4 doors down from our home where everyone in the neighborhood suspects drug activity - mostly because the guy who lives there had been arrested on drug charges a few years ago. The team gets to the house and surrounds it. I then hear a big BAM! as I watch one of the officers with the battering ram knock the front door off its hinges and just like that, I see another officer aim a launcher and fire two flash grenades into the house.

                BOOM! BOOM! The grenades go off and the SWAT team rushes into the house. Lots of yelling follows for about 1 minute or so and then it is silent.

                So I throw on some clothes and walk outside to be a nosy neighbor and for the next 30 minutes, my neighbor across the street and I watch as officers bring out, by our count, 14 suspects in cuffs and make them all lie face down in the yard. Then, six Murray City police cars move down the street and each of the cuffed individuals are put into a car and taken away.

                About 20 minutes later, a HazMat team comes to the house and enters. The SWAT team starts walking back to where their big vehicle - almost the size of a moving van - is parked and they eventually drive away. I asked one of the officers who acknowledged my presence what was going on and he said "all I can tell you is that we served an arrest warrant and we got more than we expected out of it." I half joked that "it would be a shame if that house burned down" and the group of officers all laughed and one responded "make sure the house is empty first". Another laugh was shared by all.

                I went back into the house and went to bed. The street was quiet this morning, as if nothing happened.

                Anything interesting happen in your neighborhood last night?
                Well, I got my car stuck in snow (actually 3" of hail) in Orange County, California, on my way to visiting my wife's grandmother in a rehab facility, where the grandmother's roommate pooped in a bedpan on the other side of the non-odor blocking curtain.

                Sounds like your night was more fun than mine.
                If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

                "Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

                "Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

                Comment

                • SeattleUte
                  Faith crisis consultant
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 20837

                  #9
                  Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                  and asks me what's going on outside. How would I know? I've been asleep, but she is insistent. So I look out the window and what do I see?

                  I see the Murray City Police SWAT team moving in 2x2 formation at double-time down the middle of the street. There are a total of 24 officers and they're dressed in full gear, with the two leaders holding shields and one officer in each line behind the shield with a battering ram. They are heading to the house 4 doors down from our home where everyone in the neighborhood suspects drug activity - mostly because the guy who lives there had been arrested on drug charges a few years ago. The team gets to the house and surrounds it. I then hear a big BAM! as I watch one of the officers with the battering ram knock the front door off its hinges and just like that, I see another officer aim a launcher and fire two flash grenades into the house.

                  BOOM! BOOM! The grenades go off and the SWAT team rushes into the house. Lots of yelling follows for about 1 minute or so and then it is silent.

                  So I throw on some clothes and walk outside to be a nosy neighbor and for the next 30 minutes, my neighbor across the street and I watch as officers bring out, by our count, 14 suspects in cuffs and make them all lie face down in the yard. Then, six Murray City police cars move down the street and each of the cuffed individuals are put into a car and taken away.

                  About 20 minutes later, a HazMat team comes to the house and enters. The SWAT team starts walking back to where their big vehicle - almost the size of a moving van - is parked and they eventually drive away. I asked one of the officers who acknowledged my presence what was going on and he said "all I can tell you is that we served an arrest warrant and we got more than we expected out of it." I half joked that "it would be a shame if that house burned down" and the group of officers all laughed and one responded "make sure the house is empty first". Another laugh was shared by all.

                  I went back into the house and went to bed. The street was quiet this morning, as if nothing happened.

                  Anything interesting happen in your neighborhood last night?
                  This is unusual for Murray?
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                  --Jonathan Swift

                  Comment

                  • Shaka
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 10449

                    #10
                    Very

                    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

                    Comment

                    • il Padrino Ute
                      Junior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 19161

                      #11
                      Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                      This is unusual for Murray?
                      Are you being funny or snobbish?
                      "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                      "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                      Comment

                      • Uncle Ted
                        The Big 12 money shot.
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 28853

                        #12
                        Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                        Well, our Christmas lights tripped a breaker.
                        LA, you need to stop over doing it with the christmas lights...

                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                        Comment

                        • FMCoug
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 6825

                          #13
                          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                          This is unusual for Murray?
                          Maybe it was a polygamy bust.
                          "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                          Comment

                          • LA Ute
                            Receiver of Memory
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 19512

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                            LA, you need to stop over doing it with the christmas lights...

                            You promised never to share that photo.
                            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                            ― W.H. Auden


                            "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                            "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                            Comment

                            • MarkGrace
                              Grooveshark dick tease
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 31546

                              #15
                              Geez. What kind of neighborhood do you live in?
                              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                              Comment

                              Working...