Dress Shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hfn are you sponsored by stacy adams
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
        hfn are you sponsored by stacy adams
        That would be so amazing #goals I also really like Falcone.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

Flyover buttons, or hidden buttons. Gangster.
          I see them more often referred to as shirts with a "hidden placket".

Here you go, HFN.

https://www.amazon.com/Stacy-Adams-T...5N1?th=1&psc=1
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
            I see them more often referred to as shirts with a "hidden placket".

Here you go, HFN.

https://www.amazon.com/Stacy-Adams-T...5N1?th=1&psc=1
            that in french blue with white collar and french cuffs =
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

TM Lewin is having a big sale, with all of their shirts at $29.95 with free shipping to the US. For those of you who have tried and like Charles Tyrwhitt, I consider these shirts directly comparable. In fact, I might prefer them a little more.

I just bought 6 shirts for $179 total, shipped.

https://www.tmlewin.com/
              Never tried TM Lewin. Ive seen the ads, but nothing there has really caught my eye. I bought a couple shirts from Twillory this holiday season. (tangent: They actually had a white on white dress shirt with pirate skull and cross bones that was pretty cool--it was subtle enough that you could get away with it in any setting. But I could tell from the photos that it was going to be a constant wrinkled mess. So I passed on it (I believe flystripper alluded to this in another thread--he must have seen my comment on fb)). But I picked up a couple other shirts, and I like them a lot. Good material. Good fit. Except they don't do exact sleeve lengths. Grrrr. They were a good enough deal that I ordered them anyway, and am having the sleeves tailored. I also snagges 4 more CTs this holiday season. My winter wardrobe is set for a couple years.

Edit: Here is a screen cap of the Jolly Roger. Pretty sweet, but when you can't even keep it pressed long enough for the photo shoot to look decent, that's a bad sign.

Jolly Roger.JPG
              Jolly Roger 2.JPG
              Last edited by Donuthole; 01-04-2018, 03:32 PM.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Never tried TM Lewin. Ive seen the ads, but nothing there has really caught my eye. I bought a couple shirts from Twillory this holiday season. (tangent: They actually had a white on white dress shirt with pirate skull and cross bones that was pretty cool--it was subtle enough that you could get away with it in any setting. But I could tell from the photos that it was going to be a constant wrinkled mess. So I passed on it (I believe flystripper alluded to this in another thread--he must have seen my comment on fb). But I picked up a couple other shirts, and I like them a lot. Good material. Good fit. Except they don't do exact sleeve lengths. Grrrr. They were a good enough deal that I ordered them anyway, and am having the sleeves tailored. I also snagges 4 more CTs this holiday season. My winter wardrobe is set for a couple years.

Edit: Here is a screen cap of the Jolly Roger. Pretty sweet, but when you can't even keep it pressed long enough for the photo shoot to look decent, that's a bad sign.

[ATTACH]8452[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]8453[/ATTACH]
                Never heard of Twillory. Do they have t-shirt material in the cuffs?
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Never heard of Twillory. Do they have t-shirt material in the cuffs?
                  Their newest offerings appear to in their performance line. But that is very new. Like in the last couple of weeks. Not a fan of that, personally. My shirts don't have it.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                    This is true for the first 45 minutes wearing a laundered and pressed shirt. As far as non iron goes, there's BB And everyone else.
                    I would like to sing the praises of TW Lewin's non-iron shirts. Very soft, but not thin. As stated previously in this thread, I do not wash and hang/dry my shirts, so I don't know what they look like out of the dryer. But everything else about them is excellent. Every few months they have a massive sale where virtually any shirt on their site is $30 w/ free shipping.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• What's the verdict on Tyrwhitt vs TM Lewin? I ordered 4 CT shirts for $100 over the 4th of July, the quality seems pretty good but I should have ordered the slim fit. After ordering, I got a 20% and free shipping code, but it only works on the main version of their website. Basically, if you google CT they'll direct you to a version of their site where the shirts are all $29, $35 or $69. You can only use the offer code on that main version.

If you instead Google TM Lewin, CT is running a Google ad that takes you to a version of the CT site where the $69 shirts are marked down to $39 and you can get three of them for $99 with free shipping. The $29 and $35 shirts area also listed on this alternate version. But on the main version and alternative version of the CT site it seems like I'm having a tough time getting 17 - 36 in slim with the $29 and $35 shirts. On the other hand, that size is always available in the $69/$39 shirts because those shirts haven't been picked over on CT's main site.

I also order a couple TM Lewin shirts which I'm still waiting on. I wanted a simple pinpoint oxford weave white shirt but CT simply didn't have one in my size in either slim or regular/parka fit. Then I received a TM Lewin code for 20% and free shipping code to send to someone else -- who will of course be my wife who can order something else for me. While it's not the deciding factor, I do like the brass collar stays that CT includes with their shirts. Is the quality on the Lewin shirts otherwise the same as CT? BTW, if you google Charles Tyrwhitt and then click on TM Lewin's ad, every one of their shirts is $30 with free shipping.
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                        What's the verdict on Tyrwhitt vs TM Lewin? I ordered 4 CT shirts for $100 over the 4th of July, the quality seems pretty good but I should have ordered the slim fit. After ordering, I got a 20% and free shipping code, but it only works on the main version of their website. Basically, if you google CT they'll direct you to a version of their site where the shirts are all $29, $35 or $69. You can only use the offer code on that main version.

If you instead Google TM Lewin, CT is running a Google ad that takes you to a version of the CT site where the $69 shirts are marked down to $39 and you can get three of them for $99 with free shipping. The $29 and $35 shirts area also listed on this alternate version. But on the main version and alternative version of the CT site it seems like I'm having a tough time getting 17 - 36 in slim with the $29 and $35 shirts. On the other hand, that size is always available in the $69/$39 shirts because those shirts haven't been picked over on CT's main site.

I also order a couple TM Lewin shirts which I'm still waiting on. I wanted a simple pinpoint oxford weave white shirt but CT simply didn't have one in my size in either slim or regular/parka fit. Then I received a TM Lewin code for 20% and free shipping code to send to someone else -- who will of course be my wife who can order something else for me. While it's not the deciding factor, I do like the brass collar stays that CT includes with their shirts. Is the quality on the Lewin shirts otherwise the same as CT? BTW, if you google Charles Tyrwhitt and then click on TM Lewin's ad, every one of their shirts is $30 with free shipping.
                        falafel prefers TM Lewin, but his biggest gripe with CT is that he got too fat for the slim fits. I have two TM Lewin shirts, and I think I still prefer CT.

Comment

falafel prefers TM Lewin, but his biggest gripe with CT is that he got too fat for the slim fits. I have two TM Lewin shirts, and I think I still prefer CT.
                          Basically it's $99 for three CT shirts vs. $96 for four shirts at TM Lewin. CT is also limited in their basic plain light blue oxford shirts in my size. But their selection in other colors and patterns is much better than TM Lewin. I have a couple shirts that are a lightweight twill that are quite easy to iron without being non-iron, one of them I bought from CT. I find that generally preferable to non-iron, but they're not easy to find. CT doesn't sell plain color shirts in lightweight twill unless they're non-iron, they do sell some patterned shirts in the fabric. They do however have plain colored shirts they describe as "fine herringbone" that aren't non-iron (or "that are iron-ready???") Herringbone is essentially just a twill with a different weave.
                          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

To be fair, the CT shirts fit weird before I got too fat for them.

DH is right that I prefer TM to CT, although there are pros and cons to both:

CT- Pros: lots more color and style options that I like. Cons: a 34" sleeve is more like a 32" sleeve for me. I actually suspect this has to do with the shoulders than the sleeves, but the practical result is that I look like a 10 year old in an 8 year old's shirt. Ordering a 35" sleeve still leaves me with a strange fit in the shoulders, but now with sleeves that are too long. Its annoying to me to buy a shirt for $30 (on sale!) and then have to pay $15 to get it tailored.

TM - Pros: sleeves, chest, shoulders, etc. on the slim fit are perfect for me. Also, the non-iron is the best I have ever seen in any shirt. I can get 3 wears out of one if I want and it still looks good. Cons: The 16" neck is slightly smaller than most other 16" shirts I have. I'd try a 16.5, but for some weird reason they don't offer every sleeve length in every neck size. For 16", they only offer 33" and 35" sleeves (35" fits perfect). In 16.5", they only offer 34.5" and 36". Strange.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I wear CT extra slim shirts and love them, except when I go play horse at the company basketball court. It’s hard to shoot a ball with an extra slim shirt on, so I try to only play horse on Friday’s when I’m usually wearing a polo.
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                                I wear CT extra slim shirts and love them, except when I go play horse at the company basketball court. It’s hard to shoot a ball with an extra slim shirt on, so I try to only play horse on Friday’s when I’m usually wearing a polo.
                                Moliere?

4047473250_1_1_1.jpg

Try mixing something that's not soy-based into your diet.
                                Last edited by Color Me Badd Fan; 07-19-2018, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X