If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
I can guarantee you that there is no such device in my system and I have had access to all of the on-demand content via the internet for years and now the whole home stuff is working. I did a network test (in the system setup menu) and it said that it is connected to the internet and everything is functional.
Maybe what you are describing is necessary for someone who does not have broadband access? I.e., it uses the satellite to download content?
Either way, my system will be reconfigured when I get the new HR34 receiver because it has a built-in DECA.
Interesting. I have no idea, really. I have no idea how your system is working or configured, but according to everything I've read online, it shouldn't be.
Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.
Dig your own grave, and save!
"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American
"I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally
"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
"It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
"Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster
I've been with DTV since '95. When the cable signal disappeared just before the 49ers/Cowboys playoff game, I swore I would drop cable & get DTV ASAP. Have been a subscriber ever since. We just got a Roku box & digi antenna. I'm not sure what I'll miss if I drop DTV...especially live games not on byutv. It's a diff of $120 vs $16 for Netflix & Hulu. I can live without some of the orig programming I like on hbo & starz.
The new menu not only looks better but responds like a dream. Kudos to dtv so far.
It does? The response time is slower for me and I never thought that could be possible.
I'll be happy when I can drop DTV and go back to Dish.
"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill
"I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader
1. Does anyone know if DTV has any new DVRs coming in the near future? Our original DVR, which we have had for several years, seems to be breaking. I was going to call them up and get a new one, but if a fancy new model will be coming online in the next couple of months, I will wait.
2. Has anyone else seen degraded performance with the new interface? When we first got it, it was much faster than the old one. Since then, though, it has gotten slower. I'm not sure what could cause this, but it is definitely much slower. It's now back to about as slow as before the upgrade.
Clark, yes there is a new DVR coming out that has six tuners and a 1 TB hard drive. You should definitely wait. Give me a little time and I can get you the number of the unit.
"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
"It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
"Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster
Clark, yes there is a new DVR coming out that has six tuners and a 1 TB hard drive. You should definitely wait. Give me a little time and I can get you the number of the unit.
So I've scheduled for the Genie to be installed on Wednesday, replacing a malfunctioning DVR. I thought there was another Genie or Hopper thread on here, but my searches have yielded no such threads.
Who else has the Genie? How do you like it?
"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
- Goatnapper'96
So I've scheduled for the Genie to be installed on Wednesday, replacing a malfunctioning DVR. I thought there was another Genie or Hopper thread on here, but my searches have yielded no such threads.
Who else has the Genie? How do you like it?
I have it and I really like it. I wish it was wifi capable, but no other complaints.
A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali
I have it and I really like it. I wish it was wifi capable, but no other complaints.
What wifi capabilities were you wishing for? What other receivers have those capabilities?
"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
- Goatnapper'96
So I've scheduled for the Genie to be installed on Wednesday, replacing a malfunctioning DVR. I thought there was another Genie or Hopper thread on here, but my searches have yielded no such threads.
Who else has the Genie? How do you like it?
Yes, there is a Hopper thread. I have tried several times to rebuild the search index since the upgrade, but no luck yet. I am going to try it again today by running a shell script. Hopefully this will work.
"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
"It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
"Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster
Comment